Sierra Natural Science: Organic Pest, Disease & Weed Control Support

Sorry about the last response, let's try this again.

The SNS-209 is a concentrate and can be mixed with either straight water or your liquid fertilizer/nutrient blend. Either or is fine and if you add it on some regular schedule, this will ensure you have some protective barrier in the plant, thus reducing insect pressure/damage.

I've been using SNS 217 to combat spider mites and possibly broad mites and it seems to be working so far. I was able to get 3 or 4 spraying sessions over a period of 2 weeks from the sample sent from @Sierra Natural Science. Thanks!

I don't recommend doing it, but I needed to move some small outdoor plants to an indoor tent and they had signs of spider mites on the lowers and all the newest growth had shriveled tips with twisted, damaged growth. After about 2 1/2 weeks everything is looking better.

The 217 spray has a nice smell to it and didn't burn any plants. I sprayed some unrooted clones with it and had no problems.

I then rotated after a few days and sprayed the clones with neem oil and then they showed some leaf damage from the neem. The mature plants didn't show damage from the neem, so I'm guessing unrooted cuttings just don't like neem. Either that, or I turned their light back on too soon after spraying.

I've also been watering with the @GreenSafe plant amendment product in the irrigation water @ 4ml/gallon to help get them back to health. I'm not exactly sure what is in the product, but I think it has surfactant qualities. It has a nice smell to it also, like fruit juice.

Hi, we recommend you use 209 5 times in a row and then every other day, 2 days, or a couple times per week. It all depends on the system. Its a very inexpensive preventative, so if you just use it regulary, like when you feed the plants, you won't have many common insects that are known to devastate the plants.
Hope this helps and sorry we didn't repsone earlier.
Hello, I am three weeks into 12/12 lighting on my indoor grow and everything looks great. I've been using SNS-209 since plants were seedlings, no sign of any pests. My question is, How far into flower should I continue using SNS-209? Up to harvest? @Sierra Natural Science

Hi @Sierra Natural Science ! I was just informed by @420 that you might still consider my request to try the 209 proactively in my Girl Scout Cookies Comparative grow. When I first started this grow I thought I had everything in order and would not have a problem with fungus gnats this time, but they have continued to be a problem. After trying several other methods, I would now really like to see the effect that 209 will have on this. The timing is perfect and I really believe that in the 3-4 weeks I have left in veg, I can really give your product a good try and should be able to see a very clear before and after effect of using your product.

If you will still have me as a reviewer at this late date, I would be honored to give you a chance to show how effective your natural solution can be. I have tried small amounts of SNS before, but never really followed through with an all out campaign to rid myself of these bugs with the needed repeated applications, so I never have really been able to fully evaluate the product. If you give me the chance, I will do that now.

Thank you for the consideration,
Em

Hi
We don't really have a problem with your request only that if you have an infestation now, the 209 will not solve the entire problem. It takes a few days to start working, but will not rid the plants of the bugs. You might need to spray too. It would have been best to use the 209 from the start and throughout the grow. Send us your address and we will get you some 209. Water in 1oz per gallon for 3 days, then back off to 1/4oz per gallon every day for the next 2 weeks, then every 3rd day until harvest. You can also throw 1 oz/gallon in the sprayer with our 217 or PC and it will eliminate the fliers and crawlers. All we ask is tell your friends and implement the 209 in your IPM. If done correctly you should have very little insects or none.

Hi
We don't really have a problem with your request only that if you have an infestation now, the 209 will not solve the entire problem. It takes a few days to start working, but will not rid the plants of the bugs. You might need to spray too. It would have been best to use the 209 from the start and throughout the grow. Send us your address and we will get you some 209. Water in 1oz per gallon for 3 days, then back off to 1/4oz per gallon every day for the next 2 weeks, then every 3rd day until harvest. You can also throw 1 oz/gallon in the sprayer with our 217 or PC and it will eliminate the fliers and crawlers. All we ask is tell your friends and implement the 209 in your IPM. If done correctly you should have very little insects or none.
Thank you! I will follow your advice and will order some 217 or PC to use also. I will PM you the information. You guys are wonderful!

Hi @ Sierra Natural Science,
I'm seriously struggling with mealybugs (roots and stems/foliage) on both my indoors and outdoor plants and am getting desperate. They're killing everything from tomatoes to...Jamaican tomatoes and just about everything inbetween!
My local grow store suggested some SNS 209 which I promptly brought home and started watering in several times a week but just don't know if it's going to save anything. Any suggestions or are my plant babies pretty much in hospice now?
I get it that these products should be used throughout the life cycle to build up the resistance to pests (which I'm currently applying to all seedings and clones now) just didn't know if there was anything I could use to salvage the infested plants or if it's a waste of time and money once the mealybugs have moved in.

Hi, yes 209 needs to be used for preventative and used ongoing throughout the grow to keep some barrier. It won't fix an infestation. If you use our products, we suggest the PC & DC together providing you are in a state they are registered. You can buy little packs to try it out, just mix them together DC first, then the PC. What state are you in?

You'll get many modes of action.
Contact Kill
Preservative effects
Disease and Spore inhibition

My last grow I ended up with minor spider mite infestation... Current grow I have been using SNS-209 since plants were sprouts. I have had no spider mites or any other pests during current grow!!! Plants have been on 12/12 lighting since 5/24/2021. Sohum soil, 20 gallon pots. Thank you @Sierra Natural Science for a great product and being a sponsor here @ 420Magazine! :hookah:

flower_0885.JPG
flower_0890.JPG
flower_0896.JPG

@Sierra Natural Science , I believe I figured out by actually reading the front of the 209 package that I was supposed to mix it in 20 gallons . I put it in a 32 oz bottle, that was the first batch . I caught it this time! Since it didn’t kill anything but the bugs can I just mix it with just 5 gallons of water? The 3 days of 217A and 3 days of PC no spider mites , but the fungus gnats are stirring on the soil , so I sprayed with 209 from the 5 gallon mix . I’ll be able to tell tomorrow .

The 209 is a mainly a preventative. It works well if used from the beginning to about the end every couple days. Some folks just add it to all their fertilizer watering's and that will do it. Good news on the 217C & PC, glad that works for you. If you don't like spraying much, give the 209 a shot from beg to end on the next grow, you should see a big difference and not spray as often or none at all. Maybe just for caterpillars. Use code SNS-25C for 25% off website orders or you might be able to find better deals online. Hope this helps!
Happy gardening.

The 209 is a mainly a preventative. It works well if used from the beginning to about the end every couple days. Some folks just add it to all their fertilizer watering's and that will do it. Good news on the 217C & PC, glad that works for you. If you don't like spraying much, give the 209 a shot from beg to end on the next grow, you should see a big difference and not spray as often or none at all. Maybe just for caterpillars. Use code SNS-25C for 25% off website orders or you might be able to find better deals online. Hope this helps!
Happy gardening.
I normally do hydro , but I’ve got 6 mother plants in soil that was the problem . I’ll just use the 209 on them because at lights out I checked for both gnats and mites none to be found .
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom