Sir Grow Alot's Favorite Strains - LED - High Brix

I was also given a new(new to me that is) LED for the veg spot from California works from a buddy of mine. i like it and its perfect for my space. He said its for veg but he flowered under it real nicely. so now im fully 100% LEDs :)
DSC00694_-_Copy.JPG

WHATS UP TOKE!!!!

Thanks for the kind words and for always hanging out!!!!!!!!!!:high-five:

These ladies were all transplanted on friday into their final homes. I didnt have time to get pics of them last night for an update but i will have pics and be updating all my threads tomorrow.:)

I did on friday take some pics of the transplanting and did a small how to transplant with the pics, very basic but just wanted to add some more info for any one new who may benefit from it.:peace:

DSC00743_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00744_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00745_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00746_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00747_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00748_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00749_-_Copy.JPG

after the plant is in its new home, 1000ml h20 with Tranplant and tea in proper ratios is watered in to soak the root zone and "bond" the new and old dirt together.

Whats up Big budha!!! great to see ya over here on the MAG!!:) thanks for the kind words good sir!

Its a pleasure to have you along...ill have to stop by and come check out your thread!

Very nice SGA!

Literally, pictures of health! :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

:circle-of-love:

:Namaste::high-five: Thanks GT!very appreciative of the kind words my friend! like always gotta love the ol HB Kit:)

OHHHHHHHHH and i forgot to say...This run is in my first HB 2nd run soil.

since the last grow i had maybe 5 gallons or less of "new" cooked dirt, so i added back to that 35gal of used dirt and mixed them throughly together. Then following Curso's lead i added a bunch of leaf matter and threw in some roots powder, watered it in and let it set for 30 days. now all leaf matter and roots have been broke down and is in the FAVS air pots seen in the pics:):)
Im excited to see the end product, everyone who has grown in the 2nd run and beyond say it gets better and better:)

What did you think GT??? what run soil are you in??

Coming along how long you gonna veg?

man im gonna veg for one more week then im flipping them over. the Island Sweet Skunk i know can be a big stretcher and ive seen some people veg the 3 weeks like im gonna do and end up with 4ft plants so i hope to keep them shorter than that. ill LST if i need to but for now im going to see how they react. with 3 diff lights, if need be, i can have an uneven canopy but am going to try to keep it level as possible but 3 diff gentics with possiblilties of each having 3 diff phenos i dont know whats gonna happen:)

since the last grow i had maybe 5 gallons or less of "new" cooked dirt, so i added back to that 35gal of used dirt and mixed them throughly together. Then following Curso's lead i added a bunch of leaf matter and threw in some roots powder, watered it in and let it set for 30 days. now all leaf matter and roots have been broke down and is in the FAVS air pots seen in the pics:):)
Im excited to see the end product, everyone who has grown in the 2nd run and beyond say it gets better and better:)

What did you think GT??? what run soil are you in??

I think 2nd run should go very well for you. :thumb: Keep tossing all the trim in there along with 3-4 lbs of EWC per recycled potful.

I'm in my third run with my fingers crossed. I diluted my soil with 1/3 fresh ProMix but I'm still concerned about calcium salts - I'm probably too high. So far though, brix is holding up in the 14-16 range.

Hey Sir Grow...

What size air-pots are those sprouts in?

what up Shrike!!
these lil ladies are in #5 airpots..... im new to airpots myself and thought i was buying 5 gal pots but apparently its what air pots call their 5 gal equivalent. i will be using the #7 next run which are 5.5gal volume dirt....maybe the 10gal airpots even...not sure yet.

Do you use air pots??

I think 2nd run should go very well for you. :thumb: Keep tossing all the trim in there along with 3-4 lbs of EWC per recycled potful.

I'm in my third run with my fingers crossed. I diluted my soil with 1/3 fresh ProMix but I'm still concerned about calcium salts - I'm probably too high. So far though, brix is holding up in the 14-16 range.

yea i forgot the castings for this recook so im going to topdress with some here soon and again later in flower...do you know a good time in flower to top dress with some castings???

Brix of 14-16 is nice! whats your highest sustained reading??

what do you think about flushing out the cal salts??

Not using the Air-pots yet, but plan to start using them (along with Doc's goodies) for my next grow this Fall. Just trying to sort out what Air-Pots to get for each phase of growth. And yeah, I think my final sized 'pots will be the 10-gal ones, which they say hold about 8 gal of soil.

yea i forgot the castings for this recook so im going to topdress with some here soon and again later in flower...do you know a good time in flower to top dress with some castings???

Brix of 14-16 is nice! whats your highest sustained reading??

what do you think about flushing out the cal salts??

I've only managed to finish three plants over 16 brix - a Utopia Haze, a Super Lemon Haze (reveg) and a Carnival, and all three are the best smoke I've ever had. You get into that range and the produce will be special - a different league. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I did flush the soil I had onhand (about 40 gallons) when I added the ProMix with another 20 lbs of EWC (another 20 gallons), but I only ran a 1:1 flush - 40 gallons - and I wanted more runoff than I got. But it was a big frustrating hassle the way I did it, with a 20 gallon trash can with holes and a kiddie pool to mix it in. Took forever for the can to drain and I'm too old to be bent over a pool on the ground, lifting piles of wet soil repeatedly to mix it. Ugh. But it's gotta be an improvement.

Not using the Air-pots yet, but plan to start using them (along with Doc's goodies) for my next grow this Fall. Just trying to sort out what Air-Pots to get for each phase of growth. And yeah, I think my final sized 'pots will be the 10-gal ones, which they say hold about 8 gal of soil.

Yeah i agree fully..10gal are what im going with next as well.

Im going to repot my mothers into the #5 air pots after this run with them.

next run i will veg in the #3 which is 2.2gal, and pot up to the 10 for flower.

I've only managed to finish three plants over 16 brix - a Utopia Haze, a Super Lemon Haze (reveg) and a Carnival, and all three are the best smoke I've ever had. You get into that range and the produce will be special - a different league. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I did flush the soil I had onhand (about 40 gallons) when I added the ProMix with another 20 lbs of EWC (another 20 gallons), but I only ran a 1:1 flush - 40 gallons - and I wanted more runoff than I got. But it was a big frustrating hassle the way I did it, with a 20 gallon trash can with holes and a kiddie pool to mix it in. Took forever for the can to drain and I'm too old to be bent over a pool on the ground, lifting piles of wet soil repeatedly to mix it. Ugh. But it's gotta be an improvement.

LOL its hell getting old I HEAR!! :high-five:

I can understand the hassle thats alot of medium to flush!!!!!

I have to get a refractometer ASAP to start getting me some readings badly. now that im getting a hang on the kit i need to be able to measure my successes with more than the naked eye.....so you have once again encouraged me.

Next project for the next 2 weeks...buy a refractometer!!!!!:thumb:

Digging the seed selection! My buddy grew out some sweet island skunk it turned into a freakin tree and was some nice smoke. Those HSO packages are sick! I need to scoop me a pack. Super jealous of your rare dankness ashtray!

Keep it green bro!

hahah yea man the ash try is cool as hell:)

I hope these turn into some trees will make me real happy:)

Hi Sir checkin in you think you can keep your girls small enough in the # 10 pots? I'm using the #5's and I am close to being at the max for my 8' ceilings:peace::goodjob:

What up Buddha i keep forgetting to come look at yours here...im on the way now though...

Ill be doing a scrog grow again once i get the phenos picked out of this group...3 plants 1 strain of the selected pheno each and a 3x6 screen:) ill keep them short as needed and have a nice jungle of buds:)

Back
Top Bottom