Slimpikens - Auto Mazar

Slimpikens

Hello,
For my first grow I'm growing 4 Dutch Passion Auto Mazars. I germinated the 4 seeds in a shot glass with tap water and in 2 days all 4 tap roots were exposed. I then put them into small 8oz peat pots filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. After 3 days they popped out and I inserted them cup and all into 2 gallon smart pots also filled with FFOF. I slit the sides of the peat cups with a razor blade to facilitate their roots expanding beyond the peat cups. I should have planted directly but my smart pots had not arrived yet, and I didn't want my seeds to soak in the water any longer than necessary.

I'm growing these indoors in a 2x2x3 grow tent. For lighting I'm using 2x90 watt leds and 1x300 watt led 24/7. For ventilation I have an 8" desk fan blowing from the outside through the mesh screen of the enclosure. I really don't plan on doing much with these plants. Kind of a set it and forget it experiment. I water half a gallon of tap water per plant every 3rd day. Today is the 23rd day above soil and I will be using 1/2tsp of Tiger Bloom per gallon every other watering. The first 3 weeks of growth I lightly sprayed them daily. I don't plan on doing any lst or pruning. Since it is my first grow, I kind of want to get a baseline on what these guys are capable of with as little interference as possible (Don't want to love them to death).

I've been taking 1 picture per day to record the progress. I'll update this grow diary weekly. I'm not sure the best way to display photos so here's day 1 and you can find the the rest in the gallery. Hope this helps somebody :)
P50600021.JPG

View image in gallery

Quick update...I'm growing these plants inside a grow tent in a closet. The home that they are growing in is air-conditioned to 70 degrees however there aren't any air vents inside the closet. I noticed some slight curling of the leaves on one of the plants (perhaps you can see it in the last image on the back left plant) so I added another fan creating constant cross ventilation and a thermometer. It looks like interior temperatures are right around 79 degrees so hopefully that will fix the problem.

They're looking great in there regardless, that fan must have helped. The leaves look a little stressed for heat, the tips are curled to dicipate the heat. You could place a few frozen water bottles in front of the fan, this works reasonably well as an impromptu air conditioner. Also how high is your light from the canopies?

You've got all the ingredients for success, just about getting to the finish now. I'll follow along :popcorn:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi Snid, thanks for the advice! That water bottle idea sounds ace! I have my lights all the way at the top of the tent approximately 18 inches away from the plants. I started leaving the closet door open to let some AC in and everything generally feels a lot better. I used to get a face of hot air when opening the tent but not anymore. I think today marks the official month birthday so here are the next 3 days of growth.
P5270079.JPG
P5280082.JPG
P5290083.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom