Smokey1507 1st Soil - CFL Grow

Re: Smokey1507 1st soil,CFL grow

:smokin: lol and id be thinking what the fuck was i doing lol practice makes perfect lol

Best bet would be to move it to a warmer spot.
Or cover it up with a blanket, but only if all your wiring is safe!Wouldn't wanna set off a spark that could set the blanket alight!
Try to run your fan a few hours less.Set it so that the fan switches out an hour before the lights go out if possible.That way some warmth will stay inside the box during the first hours of darkness.

:smokin: lol and id be thinking what the fuck was i doing lol practice makes perfect lol

Exactly!and hey don't forget me and the tons of other people that's gonna learn from this grow!I've only grown outdoors, and as you know my next challenge is 'the Great Indoors'!

For that reason alone you shouldn't feel too bad of how things are going!

I don't know why but I've got this suspicious feeling that you are still gonna get a massive reward for this grow!
I've heard alot about the northern light strain, and if you keep it up you will be pleasantly surprised at what you're gonna put in your pipe in about 2 months!

well the first thing im gonna do nxt wed is buy a thermometer then i can get a better idea of what temps im running ... would not surprise me if it - fuckin 6 lmao need to get some sleep n think bout shit lol its 8 in d morning where iam ffs talk to ya's laters :lot-o-toke:

hope so man its starting to get a few phistles so thats a good sign hopefully

Pistils are a great sign yeah!

Try and get a 2-in-1 thermo & humidity meter(HD).The digital ones are great!Don't know what they'll cost where you are?But it'll be worth it!

Where are you from, by the way smokey?The US?

What what whaaat!!! -6 degrees! I guesse that has to be Farenheit?Otherwise that plant should be dead lol!

But yes, that girl needs some heat!Light some candles and place it next to her lol!

No wait let me guesse...Your timezone is 2hrs apart from ours and you say it's very cold...I'd have to say you're somewhere in the UK right?!

near the uk im in northern ireland and my day just got a lot worse !!!! i dont know how to put this but after our chat this morning i put 1x household light in to keep the temp up and i just got back home and i opend the case and :( i found the leaves all rolled up and loosing colour and the household light was to blame ... now i have to buy shit weed to drown my sorrows ......... i feel like sitting in the corner and crying... im thinking growing is not for me..... but anyway i had to remove the dryed-out burnt fuckin leaves and managed to cut back to the normal colour but there is not much left :( i will put a pic up when i can bring myself around to it .... and to top it off the bastarding PH indicator arrived

i managed to cut above the Pistils im just going to give it 2 days dark to force it into flower mode and start a 12/12 routine and c what happens under a couple of 2700k ..... i know i got a Special K germing but thats not the point my wee Northern lights ;( so thats 2 plants ive fucked up nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Photo01501.jpg

what do i do with it now is it worth flowering or just bin it :(

Oh shit man!Sounds like you're having a crap day!

I'm not sure what you should do!Do you think the NL died cos it was too warm?

Maybe just keep her till you've got your Special K seedling and then trash her if she still looks bad.

Worst day of my life man! yeah it was the heat i came back from town and opend the case to find a shrivled up nl :( the leafs were all crispy and i tryed to snip away the bad bits and i was left with that .... *sigh* thats just mud on the stem it looks ok its not dry or crispy its green... just thinking bout the shock it must have had being baked in the pc case and then me coming along with a pair of siccors lol i was thinking of trying to put it into flower and just hope for the best. ive never been so upset in all my life PMSL maybe 3rd time lucky bro !

yeah that plant must have thought "fuck me, what kind of butcher would do such a thing!What did I do to deserve this?" Shame man.

But yeah I agree.Stick with her if she's not totally fried!Those northern lights are tough strains to kill!You should still get something from her.

I can't see why you shouldn't put her into flower!Go for it!

lol man, i've just been reading up on hps systems and im torn between my 1x125 watt cfl or just going out and buying a hsp system for around d same money cos the cfl does not give off heat and in my house thats bad lol but the hps will give plenty of heat but would need an extraction system ..... can you get the big 125 watt cfl in the u.s cos all i have seen is people use 4x 25 watt and they grow monster bud's... im kinda thinking is my light not good enough lol what would be your spec for your own personal grow?

im defo keeping the northern lights till she dies !! even if i get 1 j of it i'll be happy lol

I'm not sure about getting the big 125w cfl in the us.I'm from South Africa.But they should have them.

The reason I think they go for the multiple lower wattage bulbs is cos they emit more lumens per watt.this means they're more efficient.

Read this and see what you think of it.But I understand if you still wanna go for the hps cos of the heat benefits in your cold climate.
CFL Light Tutorial

I'm thinkin that if you go for a small 125 hps then maybe you won't even need loads of air cooling.As far as I know they won't heat up your box too much.Especially since it's so damn cold up there where you're at right now!
Maybe just a intake fan (which you've got already), and an exhaust fan high up near the light.

The hps light should just about create the perfect temp for the plants!

Are you planning on installing that hps in your current pc box, if you were to do it?

Back
Top Bottom