Smokey1507 1st Soil - CFL Grow

Re: Smokey1507 1st soil,CFL grow

You should ask smokeymacpots for some advice.I'm sure he will be able to tell you what to do with your cfl setup.That guy got some killer plants from a cfl grow!

You've seen his thread?!

SmokeyMacPots we need your help!!!!!

well dude let me just say thanks again for all the help and info :) i have decided to sell my 125 watt cfl in a week or two when the Special K has finished sprouting ( then i will put it on a 12/12 with the northern lights and JUST LEAVE IT DO ITS THING.) im just going to flowering with some small 2700k. Have been searching the net for the hps and i will message u the link... let me know what u think.. i dont know if i will use the case or just put it in a wardrobe i have spare. still waiting 2 find out if were moving house cant get hold of the bloody landlord haha,... will look at his thread now :roorrip:

Yeah check this grow out.

He started with TL lights(small fluorescent tubes) for veg and then added like 6 individual cfl's, I think 24 watts.

But go see what he got from it.On page 30 or 32 of his thread.

I take my hat off for what he accomplished with normal cfl lights.

I only hope to get the same success as soon as i start.But looking at what happened to you I'm sort of expecting some major failures myself!As long as we learn along the way hey

Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

I mean you didn't do anything wrong.Just some uuhhh...bad luck.

I will probably burn the house down!!!lmao

they look sweet man... nearly started drooling haha id say you couldnt get any worse than what i did lol your right about the 150 vs 250 i might c if i get get a 250 with all the internals outside... when are you starting your indoor grow? today is the first day of flowering the northern lights just waiting for the special k to hurry up and grow then there both going in the case to flower.... better get saving the pennies for the hps!

Sorry I'm late guys!! When using CFL's I find it much better to use several low wattage lights (i.e. 23w bulbs) rather than one high wattage light (i.e. a 125w bulb). Because, as you have noticed, that one bulb doesn't give off much heat. But several 23w will give off a good amount of heat. And if it's cold where you are, which it sounds like it is, this will help. I would suggest you add a few 23w to use in conjunction with your 125w. But you won't need to do that until you get a bigger plant.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about her getting toasted by the heat. If you can and you have the time, just pamper her and she will come around. I've seen some plants get "stressed" like this and they turn around and turn out to be very nice. As if the stress brings something out of them. So, give it a go, I think she'll be fine if you can give her a little extra time/attention.

:popcorn:

thanks for the great info... i hold my hands up to say ive messed this grow up but im considering getting a 150w hps light from fastlight and then getting a burmese kush :) im going to get a few small cfl to flower both plants soon in the pc case

thanks nineleafer its my second attempt of a grow my first white widow got knocked over and snapped the stem and now i was silly enough to put a household light in the pc case for more heat and fryed the northern lights :( so im forcing it into flower and just c what happens i have a special k just sprouting so in a week or so that will be put into flower aswell .... and my next grow will be a 150 hps :) thanks for all the info and comments will try and put pics up soon but there is not much to show at the moment lol

Well fellow growers i have a question about a 150w son t bulb the specs show a 2000k is that enough for a little veg then flower? as im going to purchase a 150w son t growbay and it comes with a 150w son t bulb :tokin:

Hey bro.Yeah that light is pretty schweet.I actually like the fact that it's ballast is internal - it makes the unit look very neat n uncomplicated.As long as the heat is manageable!

As far as my grow, I broke my leg 2 months ago.I'm walking around almost fine already.Still need a crutch to walk though.But I still can't drive myself around to go buy stuff and build stuff etc.Another month or 2 and I'll be set!

Keep up posted on the special K seedling.Put some pics up as soon as it sprouts!

these were grown under 250 watt hps
03173.JPG
023107.JPG
005463.JPG
in a 2x3 closet .

:eek: size of the plant ... cant wait to get my hps... anyway here is a pic of my northern lights on the first day of flower ...
Photo0153.jpg

Hey bro.Yeah that light is pretty schweet.I actually like the fact that it's ballast is internal - it makes the unit look very neat n uncomplicated.As long as the heat is manageable!

As far as my grow, I broke my leg 2 months ago.I'm walking around almost fine already.Still need a crutch to walk though.But I still can't drive myself around to go buy stuff and build stuff etc.Another month or 2 and I'll be set!

Keep up posted on the special K seedling.Put some pics up as soon as it sprouts!

i like it 2 but just found out that it would be an extra £ 20 for delivery :( shit man hope its better soon so u can get growing the crops.. still no sign of the special k seed yet ... hope its not a dud

dont know yet highandwired i have a spare wardrobe aswell but i think the case would be too small for a hps lol so i think i might just wait to see how my northern lights flowers first... i havent bought the hps yet will be a couple of weeks yet :) :tokin:

dont know yet highandwired i have a spare wardrobe aswell but i think the case would be too small for a hps lol so i think i might just wait to see how my northern lights flowers first... i havent bought the hps yet will be a couple of weeks yet :) :tokin:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too is that it's definitely going to be too small. I was under the impression that you already bought it. You want to buy a 150W HPS? If you're going to use a bigger space why not consider a 400W HPS? They are not that expensive and it will give you a lot more light than a 150W light. Another question: How often do you water her?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too is that it's definitely going to be too small. I was under the impression that you already bought it. You want to buy a 150W HPS? If you're going to use a bigger space why not consider a 400W HPS? They are not that expensive and it will give you a lot more light than a 150W light. Another question: How often do you water her?

no i was just looking im buying one in the next couple of weeks ... i might go for a 250 or a small 150 i dont want a 400 im just growing for myself.. i water every couple of days when ever the soil starts to dry out... i have stoped feeding with the nutes for a week just due to the stress i have caused her lol

Back
Top Bottom