Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Use a mag lite....its solid still so i dont see it bursting. The main danger is dumb ass people doing it inside, well butane creates pockets of gas, someone sparks a bowl, BOOM. I just do it on my back patio, listen to the birds, smoke a fat spliff n get down to it...i'll try to find the thread i made my tube from..i've used it probably 100 times now, and there is NO WAY you can be more self hazardous than me :tokin:

Use a mag lite....its solid still so i dont see it bursting. The main danger is dumb ass people doing it inside, well butane creates pockets of gas, someone sparks a bowl, BOOM. I just do it on my back patio, listen to the birds, smoke a fat spliff n get down to it...i'll try to find the thread i made my tube from..i've used it probably 100 times now, and there is NO WAY you can be more self hazardous than me :tokin:

I would love to see that thread! If it's on a different MJ forum just send me a private message.

:thanks:

let my search begin...

Quick update to keep everyone up to snuff! MaryBeth has been jarred since Friday. I've been burping her about 2-3 times a day for an hour at a time. Looks to me like she's going to need about another week to week and a half before she's ready to smoke.

I'll try to get sum pics up tonight of the progress! :peace:

I didn't forget about the pics! I took them, just never got a chance to load them on the laptop. I will take care of that tonight. MaryBeth looks like she's gona be some killer smoke! I found one seed on a tiny lower bud so maybe we will get to see MaryBeth's replica down the line!

:peacetwo:

Here I am with the pics! This is MaryBeth at 8 days from harvest. Which has seemed like an eternity, might I add. :tokin:

DSC02774_Large_.JPG
DSC02776_Large_.JPG
DSC02775_Large_.JPG
DSC02780_Large_.JPG
DSC02779_Large_.JPG
DSC02783_Large_.JPG

I can't wait until she's done! The nugs just look better everyday!

Gorgeous buds!:)

Thanks pal! They will look much better in my bubbler! :tokin:

Beautiful buds Smokey! What's your guess on her weight?

Thanks Blue. My guess on weight is probably just around an ounce, maybe a bit more. The nugs are pretty tight for CFL's. They could be a bit denser, but that could just be the strain. We'll see what the weight actually is in a week or so and also I want to see how dense the God Bud turns out. That way I can see how well the CFL's do with a solid strain.

I know where you me and hubby will be on Sunday!!! :cheer:Go Pats!:cheer:

That's right!! I can't wait to see the Jets get stomped. :grinjoint:

Thanks buddy. I'm guessing about a z per plant too right now, it's really hard to judge.

I agree Blue. When the plant is whole it looks so big! I'm definitely satisfied with the harvest. And I can guarantee that I am probably under-estimating on the weight. It's just so tough to judge by eye. Hopefully I get a nice surprise when I throw everything on the scale!

Hey there everyone. Wanted to drop in and update everyone on the progress. It has been 13 days since the chop and the cure has gone perfectly! I was able to get a weight last night as well. I was a little discouraged, but I will use what I learned with MaryBeth on future grows, so she has given me plenty. The total dry weight was 20 grams.

I will be giving a smoke report today as well. So be sure to come back and check that out! I will get updated pics up as well, and then we can pretty much call this journal a wrap!!

Hey there everyone. Wanted to drop in and update everyone on the progress. It has been 13 days since the chop and the cure has gone perfectly! I was able to get a weight last night as well. I was a little discouraged, but I will use what I learned with MaryBeth on future grows, so she has given me plenty. The total dry weight was 20 grams.

I will be giving a smoke report today as well. So be sure to come back and check that out! I will get updated pics up as well, and then we can pretty much call this journal a wrap!!

Hey Smokey! Don't be disappointed, that's about a month's worth of great bud. And like you said you learned how to improve.

What would you do differently to improve? I think it's always a good idea after a grow to sit down and review the good, bad and ugly.

Hey Smokey! Don't be disappointed, that's about a month's worth of great bud. And like you said you learned how to improve.

What would you do differently to improve? I think it's always a good idea after a grow to sit down and review the good, bad and ugly.

Thanks for the response Blue. I think the one main thing I will do different, when I do another LST grow, will be to veg for a longer time. I also think I wouldn't top again. With those 2 things I believe I could have at least doubled my yield. But, I didn't know how big of a plant I could get as this was my first grow in that space. So I definitely learned what my full capabilities could be!

But as far as quality goes with this here lady, I wouldn't change a thing! I toked a bubbler bowl pack this morning. Very smooth hit, but once I fully inhaled there was some serious expansion. I didn't cough though. A nug smaller than a dime has kept me feeling great for the past couple hours! The first half hour or so involved some serious couch lock as well. I'm really happy with how things have turned out! This grow has definitely been a success for me. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom