Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Hey Smokey glad everything is going well! Those buds look delicious :yummy: Anyway if you get a second stop by my thread, I'm having some bud/plant issues maybe you might know what is wrong. Take it easy bro!

Thanks man! I hope you get everything figured out with AK. BlueDog has one that looks unbelievable! Hopefully yours will get through this little spat and show you what she's made of!

:goodluck:

Did you ever get a wieght total? Or are you waiting until after the drying process to manicure em? Either way, lookin good man, people don't believe me when I tell them LST is THE way to go when dealing with size limits...

Did you ever get a wieght total? Or are you waiting until after the drying process to manicure em? Either way, lookin good man, people don't believe me when I tell them LST is THE way to go when dealing with size limits...

:welcome: Stank.Nuggs! I never got a total wet weight because I don't own a scale. Plus, it's the dry weight that counts! :Rasta: I'll be borrowing a scale when the time comes. And I hear ya on the LST, it is amazing! I would do it on every plant if it wasn't so time consuming.

Thanks for checking out the grow! :peacetwo:

I feel ya on the scizzy, I like to take a wet weight, then dry wieght, but I also have slight OCD when it comes to this shiz..congrats again on the harvest! If you know anything about hydro, can you maybe swing by the journal I started today and leave me a few pointers? Keep up the good work mane, +reps!

I feel ya on the scizzy, I like to take a wet weight, then dry wieght, but I also have slight OCD when it comes to this shiz..congrats again on the harvest! If you know anything about hydro, can you maybe swing by the journal I started today and leave me a few pointers? Keep up the good work mane, +reps!

I'll be sure to stop by! Learned a lot of what I know with hydro as it was my first choice for growing!

Thanks for the reps! :tokin:

Hey 420 friends! Here to update with some more curing pics. We are on day 5 of cure. When I checked the buds today the outside leaves felt a little crisp so I decided to manicure everything. The buds are still very fresh which is perfect. They are definitely not drying out too quickly. Enjoy!

DSC02747_Large_.JPG
DSC02745_Large_.JPG
DSC02748_Large_.JPG

These are just the main 8 buds. I have a good collection of airy popcorn buds and trim as well.

Hey 420 friends! Here to update with some more curing pics. We are on day 5 of cure. When I checked the buds today the outside leaves felt a little crisp so I decided to manicure everything. The buds are still very fresh which is perfect. They are definitely not drying out too quickly. Enjoy!

DSC02747_Large_.JPG
DSC02745_Large_.JPG
DSC02748_Large_.JPG

These are just the main 8 buds. I have a good collection of airy popcorn buds and trim as well.

:tokin: You did one hellava job Smokey!! Congrats~~:thumb:

Great Job Smokey!! I hear ya smokin them "cowboy killers". I used to smoke them a long time ago. Glad I quit though. Are you gonna try to do some hash or any other kind of concentrate with the trim and popcorn?

Congratulations on a great grow and harvest. :thumb:

Love the whole series of bud harvest and cure pictures. Fabulous :yummy:

Thanks man! I try to incorporate all the things I like to see in other journals into my own. Glad you are enjoying!

Wow those look so tasty

You're tellin me! A couple more weeks of waiting and it is taking all of my will power. The smooth delicious smoke will make me forget about all the anguish I am feeling now though.

:tokin: You did one hellava job Smokey!! Congrats~~:thumb:

Tmac, thank you! MaryBeth thanks you for your attendance throughout her life!

Great Job Smokey!! I hear ya smokin them "cowboy killers". I used to smoke them a long time ago. Glad I quit though. Are you gonna try to do some hash or any other kind of concentrate with the trim and popcorn?

Hey Twitch! Those smokes are my buddies. And yes I do plan on making some hash oil. Think I'm gona go QWISO as it seems by far the cheapest, easiest and less dangerous method there is. A bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol, a mason jar, a coffee filter, a rubber band and a glass dish is all you need!

1. Grind up all your trim and buds and put them in the jar.
2. Fill jar with alcohol to just above where your bud rests.
3. Shake jar vigorously for 30 seconds ONLY.
4. Place coffee filter over top of jar and secure with rubber band.
5. Pour liquid into glass dish. Discard any leftover plant material.
6. Let sit until alcohol evaporates. I usually just wait 24 hours.
7. Scrape and enjoy!

Thanks man! I try to incorporate all the things I like to see in other journals into my own. Glad you are enjoying!

You're tellin me! A couple more weeks of waiting and it is taking all of my will power. The smooth delicious smoke will make me forget about all the anguish I am feeling now though.

Tmac, thank you! MaryBeth thanks you for your attendance throughout her life!

Hey Twitch! Those smokes are my buddies. And yes I do plan on making some hash oil. Think I'm gona go QWISO as it seems by far the cheapest, easiest and less dangerous method there is. A bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol, a mason jar, a coffee filter, a rubber band and a glass dish is all you need!

1. Grind up all your trim and buds and put them in the jar.
2. Fill jar with alcohol to just above where your bud rests.
3. Shake jar vigorously for 30 seconds ONLY.
4. Place coffee filter over top of jar and secure with rubber band.
5. Pour liquid into glass dish. Discard any leftover plant material.
6. Let sit until alcohol evaporates. I usually just wait 24 hours.
7. Scrape and enjoy!

I havent heard of that method, sounds alot quicker and easier than the freezer method that I was going to try. Thanks for the info:ganjamon:

Smokey I did that last time and ended up with a gooey mess. Wonder if it would still evaportate if I opened it back up... if I can remember where it is. I've got a serious problem, can't find 5 z's from my first grow or the oil. Sheesh.

Smokey I did that last time and ended up with a gooey mess. Wonder if it would still evaportate if I opened it back up... if I can remember where it is. I've got a serious problem, can't find 5 z's from my first grow or the oil. Sheesh.

:rofl: Yea you can end up with a gooey mess if A) you don't use 99% alcohol or B) you don't give the alcohol enough time to evaporate. And I hear ya on the memory thing. I'm losing stuff all the time, but I'm sure someone is just stealing it. :tokin:

I have heard also that if you use grain alcohol, like Everclear, that you get a better product and it evaporates faster.

Good luck on the hunt! :hookah:

hey smokey, do you know of any forums where we can purchase grow lights from someone in my area? I looked on craigslist and they're offering 400w Switchable Ballast, Bulbs and Reflector for $150 but thats the price I can get one brand new from the Hydro shop. I dont want to pay new price for something used. Any ideas?

@blue - Have you tried the MagLite extraction with Butane? Works VERY VERY well..

hey smokey, do you know of any forums where we can purchase grow lights from someone in my area? I looked on craigslist and they're offering 400w Switchable Ballast, Bulbs and Reflector for $150 but thats the price I can get one brand new from the Hydro shop. I dont want to pay new price for something used. Any ideas?

I have no clue. My best advice would be go to the shop and buy brand new. If anything happens to the unit at least you would get the manufacturers warranty.

@BLUE - Have you tried the MagLite extraction with Butane? Works VERY VERY well..

I really want to try BHO at some point in the future, but not until I come up with an extraction tube that I can really trust. I've heard too many horror stories of pipes bursting. Like I said, QWISO is much safer.

Back
Top Bottom