Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Nice man. you sold me on LST

I sold myself as well! You do have a tad longer veg time, and a little more work, but the results speak for themselves. If I vegged a bit longer, this thing would have been a monster!

Right now I'm taking a break and growing a couple with no LST. But I have a couple seedlings that may have some LST in their future!

:tokin:

She looks more beautiful than ever hanging there Smokey. Are those the real colors or a product of the camera?

What are the temps and rh for your dry/cure? I really need to improve in this area, I'm hopeful now that mold is not such an issue. Thanks buddy.

She looks more beautiful than ever hanging there Smokey. Are those the real colors or a product of the camera?

What are the temps and rh for your dry/cure? I really need to improve in this area, I'm hopeful now that mold is not such an issue. Thanks buddy.

Thanks Blue! As for the color I think it is off some because of my phone camera. I plan on snapping some quality photos with the real digital cam tonight. My phone just isn't doing this baby justice anymore, actually never was. All the harvest photos were done with the digital cam and you can definitely see the difference!

Also, no clue on temps/rh for the cure. The box is in my basement which stays at a pretty solid 65F-70F. No clue on the humidity because it fluctuates a lot. I have a dehumidifier down there so it doesn't get out of control too bad. This is also the reason for the fan blowing indirectly at the box. Not my ideal cure setup, but I have found as long as I check the buds consistently everything turns out perfect!

Cure Day 2. Everything is going perfect! Enjoy! :tokin:

DSC02737_Large_.JPG
DSC02739_Large_.JPG
DSC02740_Large_.JPG
DSC02741_Large_.JPG
DSC02743_Large_.JPG

Thanks Blue! As for the color I think it is off some because of my phone camera. I plan on snapping some quality photos with the real digital cam tonight. My phone just isn't doing this baby justice anymore, actually never was. All the harvest photos were done with the digital cam and you can definitely see the difference!

Also, no clue on temps/rh for the cure. The box is in my basement which stays at a pretty solid 65F-70F. No clue on the humidity because it fluctuates a lot. I have a dehumidifier down there so it doesn't get out of control too bad. This is also the reason for the fan blowing indirectly at the box. Not my ideal cure setup, but I have found as long as I check the buds consistently everything turns out perfect!

Hey Smokey those are great pics!

You're using a dehumidifier? My rh is about 10-20 in the house right now, I'm worried it will dry too fast.

Still early though. Get ready for about a hundred questions in a few weeks though lol.

You're using a dehumidifier? My rh is about 10-20 in the house right now, I'm worried it will dry too fast.

Still early though. Get ready for about a hundred questions in a few weeks though lol.

Looks like I will have to follow along with you then so I dont ask him another hundred questions in a couple of months.

May your buds cure like a fine wine:grinjoint:

You did a good job~~ Beautiful buds~~:thumb:

She did all the hard work Tmac! I just held her hand for the ride ... oh and a little :morenutes: doesn't hurt! Thank you!

Awesome looking buds for sure!:thumb:

Thanks man! I couldn't be happier!

Blue, thanks man. I do use a dehumidifier because my RH in the basement can get upwards of 70%, which is no good in cure. Mold is the biggest hurdle at this point, and I would say your 10-20% would be perfect. As long as you don't blow a fan directly on the buds, they should cure just how you want them too. I just check them once a day while they are hanging. Once the outside starts to feel a little crisp, 5-7 days usually, I will fully manicure. I will then hang for another day or so, then drop the nugs into brown paper bags. I will burp the bags a few times a day and shake all the nugs around. After a few days in the bag, it's onto the jar. Burp the jar a couple times a day for a week. And it should be smooth sailing after that!!

Looks like I will have to follow along with you then so I dont ask him another hundred questions in a couple of months.

May your buds cure like a fine wine:grinjoint:

Thanks bro! And never worry about questions here!! :tokin:

Sorry I'm a total newbie at growing but I do have a question for you. Most people that I saw on here dry or cure their medicine in cardboard boxes. Does the box prevent your whole house from stinking like your grow room? If not, how can you prevent your house from stinking of bud during drying/curing? Thanks for your time and keep :hookah:

Sorry I'm a total newbie at growing but I do have a question for you. Most people that I saw on here dry or cure their medicine in cardboard boxes. Does the box prevent your whole house from stinking like your grow room? If not, how can you prevent your house from stinking of bud during drying/curing? Thanks for your time and keep :hookah:

The box does not prevent any smell from escaping. Especially after I cut holes in the side for air circulation. If you want to prevent smell from escaping then you would have to build a curing box with a filtered intake and exhaust that has a carbon filter on it. That would be the safest way. I'm sure you can do it in a closet and have some of that ONI air deodorizer gel, as long as you're not curing a huge quantity. I can tell you that my basement reeks from just this one plant.

:goodluck:

I bet it does. It's something I will have to work out myself...the smell during drying. Maybe an extra bathroom can be used with the fan going all the time.

That sounds like a good plan. Even though my basement stinks, the smell has not traveled into the rest of my house. So it is possible and pretty easy to contain the stench to one room. Good luck!

Wow!awesome grow and a great journal smokey!took me a while to go through the whole thread!but it's totally worth it!

You've inspired me to go for a cfl setup for my first grow because of this journal!much more economical!if you dont need pounds of grass that is.

5 stars mate!

Congrats on the nice harvest Smokey! Look like you got some nice smoke there. Now comes the hardest part. Waiting to smoke until they are fully cured:) But its well worth it:)

Thanks a lot BK! And luckily I have the will power!! I know what its like to rush and get harsh smoke.

Wow!awesome grow and a great journal smokey!took me a while to go through the whole thread!but it's totally worth it!

You've inspired me to go for a cfl setup for my first grow because of this journal!much more economical!if you dont need pounds of grass that is.

5 stars mate!

Thanks bro! Glad you took the time to read through. Must have taken quite a few :bong: ! CFL's have proven themselves to me for sure, and for the personal grower it is very economical! Well said.

Cant wait to read the whole 32 pages. Buds look amazing, great end product :allgood:

Thanks man! I'm just hoping it smokes as good as it looks! :peacetwo:

Hey Smokey glad everything is going well! Those buds look delicious :yummy: Anyway if you get a second stop by my thread, I'm having some bud/plant issues maybe you might know what is wrong. Take it easy bro!

Back
Top Bottom