SolKing's First Grow - Bag Seed - Possibly Coffee Kush - Soil - CFL's - Organic

SolKing

Hi 420 I'm new to posting here but have been lurking for quite a while now picking up tips and learning how to grow this great plant that i love so much. I have followed very closely with quite a few grows on this forum and the majority of my knowledge has come from this forum so thank you everyone.

So anyway a little while back my frustration with shitty bag weed reached a peak when I happened upon a very pungent and aromatic bag of fresh 'Coffee Kush' (can't be sure of that but smelt like coffee and tastes great). inside this bag was a few dense sticky buds and one of the bud's was full of seeds, nice thick dark ripe seeds :). now i understand that hermie bud seed can produce hermie plants but i am willing to sift through my eventual harvest (fingers crossed) and remove any seeds if it means some nice smoke afterwards :). so with this hand full of seeds i decided someone somewhere was giving me a sign so i decided to start a grow, its a very cheap budget grow as i don't want to invest too much in something that i will probably destroy!

Strain: Coffee Kush, germed three seeds
Veg or Flower?: Veg, 3 weeks
Medium: Plain potting soil
Lights: 2 CFLs, 1 warm and 1 daylight spectrum + 1 white led bulb
Exhaust: 1 PC fan, quite powerful
Ventilation: 1 less powerful PC fan blowing directly onto plants
Temp?: staying around 77-81 lights on 72-65 lights off
RH?: about 45-60%
Light cycle: 18/6
Water schedule: once every 3-4 days

So at this moment i'm 3 weeks into my grow but i'll start at the beginning.

Pics to follow at the end.

Started with 3 of the 20 or so seeds i have, used the wet paper towel method for germ, first seed (BS1 for hereon out) popped after about 8 hours :) and was placed in standard potting soil, the other two popped shortly afterwards and planted them as well.

1 day later i have a tiny seed head pop out the ground from BS1, waited for the other two to break ground but nada!

2 days after seed pop and BS1 is looking great, had a lil stretch from being too far away from light but remedied that, still no sign of the other two seeds.

day 3 and still no sign, after an hour i get too impatient and start digging through the soil to find that both seeds have managed to sink to about half way down the pot, one seed didnt even start growing but the other had a strong white root shoot but a very long stretched black stem, i removed the soil so that the lil fella could get some light and after a few hours it perked up a bit. BS1 looking great still, just letting it do its thing.

Day 4 and lil BS2 was laid on the soil limp and dead :( still one healthy plant left and splhe (he/she) is shooting up :)

Week 2
BS1 is getting bigger by the day, only watering once the pot is completely dry and the leaves start to curl which is roughly every 5 days, gotta build them roots ;)

Week 3
Well this is where i'm at now, BS1 is getting really big and has gone a deep rich thick green, hope it means shes healthy. repotted it today into more plain soil with some added fish,blood & bone meal for when the roots expand a bit more, still watering with just plain water at the moment though, think BS1 has a little nute burn or possibly light burn on a top fan leaf, a little yellow dot. Btw the roots were very numerous thick and pure white so very healthy in my novice opinion. Think i may have also gone a bit far today as well, after the re-pot i decided to pinch the stem, and then also pinched a few future branches to see what happens, then i went further and decided to FIM the main shoot, then i went further still and LSTed the thing right over, as i was examining my handy work i got a lil worried that i had done too much all in one go but oh well time will tell, anyway stress is good right.

Re: SolKing's First Grow - BagSeed (Coffee Kush apparently) Soil, CFL's, Organic

I've gotta chair and my magic launch box so, I'M SUBBED ! :cool:

Re: SolKing's First Grow - BagSeed (Coffee Kush apparently) Soil, CFL's, Organic

Pics :) BS1's first day :)
20140327_183010.jpg
Basic setup
20140329_175436.jpg
BS2 after being discovered
20140409_182636.jpg
First true leaves on BS1
20140329_175445.jpg
Week 1 of BS1
20140409_182628.jpg

cheers geeman welcome to the show get yo smoke on :)

S.K.,looks like a couple of fine girls ! I like your pc fan location,Rock on :bongrip:

BS2 a while later, looking hopeful
20140411_173758.jpg
BS1 looking great
20140411_173819.jpg
BS1, she looks so pretty lol
20140411_173834.jpg
Alas, poor BS2, may sphle rest in peace :(
20140416_140653.jpg

BS1 looking very green, little yellow burn mark though
20140416_140701.jpg
BS1 short internodes
20140416_140711.jpg
BS1 before top
20140416_142937.jpg
BS1 after top
20140416_143049.jpg
What was taken
20140416_143038.jpg
BS1 LST
20140416_154534.jpg
BS1 LST
20140416_154539.jpg

Fingers crossed on the female, if its hermie it must be female right? Only the one plant now :( as for the PC fan placement and the entire grow in general its been very rushed and 'that'll do' kind of attitude atm havent got much time to spare for the little one

Sir, you are correct -hermies are from females. :ganjamon:

ill be here lurking to gain more knowledge. :Namaste:

Don't expect much knowledge to be imparted from my lips lol this is my first ever grow. Hopefully some ganja gurus can grace us with their presence ;)

Cheers 420Dude just checked in on your ladies and they look gorgeous!

Bad news 420 whilst I was out enjoying the 420 atmosphere one of my lights fell on my plant completely crushing the stem and burning all the new growth off. With this and other circumstances I have decided to bin this grow and start again with a better set up and a more idiot proof fixture arrangement. Keep smoking and happy 420 day to you all

Bad news 420 whilst I was out enjoying the 420 atmosphere one of my lights fell on my plant completely crushing the stem and burning all the new growth off. With this and other circumstances I have decided to bin this grow and start again with a better set up and a more idiot proof fixture arrangement. Keep smoking and happy 420 day to you all

:Namaste: Dont feel bad about it. Its happen to the best of us believe me! Let me know when you start your new setup! I'll try to help any way that I can!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom