Solo Big Bud Closet Grow - 400Watt MH/HPS

Brainstorm420

This will be a short intro to my grow but I absolutely had to post pictures before I went to bed. My girl has literally grown from 6" to 9" in the past 3 days. I hoping she'll be 18" in another week and a half and I'll throw in the HPS bulb and start flowering. She's at just shy of a month now from seedling. Got off to kind of a slow start. Bad pre-mix and some other things to learn from..I'm hoping if I keep referring her to as "SHE" and "HER" things will go that way. She's the only survivor from 12 seeds I germ'd. out of those 12, 8 actually germ'd, 4 turned into seedlings and a week after that I just had the 1 Big Bud. Probably suffering from poor circulation in the room and the bad pre-mix. Anyways-on with the pictures. I'll keep this one updated every couple of days at the most all the way to harvest. Thanks for tuning in!

Re: Solo Big Bud closet grow, 400watt MH/HPS

Looking good mate had the same problem mate. Germinated 10 and I got to 2. Looking real good tho mate hight is good mine are short but real Densely leaved. Gunna be watching this one closely. Finally got the first post. Keep up the good work.

I'm in as well for another Big Bud grow. My next grow will be Big Bud, looking forward the progress.

Don't spray your plants with nute solution!

Yeah, I won't do that again..

Other than me trying to destroy a couple of my leaves she's looking great. Only 2 of the lower large leaves look to have any damage. Luckily I use a pretty mild nute blend. She's just shy of about 10 inches now and the stalk is really starting to fatten up. A couple of the new leaves popping out up top are 7 leafers. This Big Bud strain is a champ, wish I had 3 more of them under the light. 1 good plant will surely hold me over until next harvest though as I'm only growing for myself.

Thanks you 2 for tuning in!

Yer it took me a wile to figure out that I was spilling nutrients on my leafs lol. Yours is 4" taller than mine and I've had mine in veg for 5 weeks but only 12 days under a hps do u think mh light would give me a bit more hight. Glad we are about same stage tho gunna keep on this one. Keep up the good work.

Smooth1-MH is definitely the way to go for veg growth so I've read and seen in my own use of it. The Eye Hortilux is the best bulb on paper that I've seen but they're $100 for a 400w bulb. Really specific color ranges for growth and good lumen output-especially the HPS. I think it's like 55K lumens..Bout another week and I'll be switching to Flower cycle I'm thinking.

Hey guys I'm In gonna be watching da big Ins

Smooth1-MH is definitely the way to go for veg growth so I've read and seen in my own use of it. The Eye Hortilux is the best bulb on paper that I've seen but they're $100 for a 400w bulb. Really specific color ranges for growth and good lumen output-especially the HPS. I think it's like 55K lumens..Bout another week and I'll be switching to Flower cycle I'm thinking.
Ok mate that's good to know will have to get one when the budget allows me to. Just wish I could get some picture on to help explain. Sorry to high jack the thread with my problems. Glad to see it's all going well over this side tho keep up the good work.

Glad to be of assistance even though I'm still kind if a noob myself. BTW my girl is at 11" now and I'm starting to see female preflowers with hairs.
Any help I great im new to it to. Do you think you coul get some pics of female hairs as I'm still struggling to sex mine. Good it's getting taller wish mine would. It's all looking good keep upthe good work

Any help I great im new to it to. Do you think you coul get some pics of female hairs as I'm still struggling to sex mine. Good it's getting taller wish mine would. It's all looking good keep upthe good work

Sure ill get some pics posted this morning. I checked my girl before going to work and she was just over 12". Starting to stink up my bedroom, I love it :yahoo:

This damn timed power strip...set to go on at 5am and I wake up at 8:30am to a dark grow room..There's a non-timed side that I'm using for now but I may try another plug tomorrow since there are 4 that are timed. Hoping the light issues won't stress her out into going hermie. Good news is that she's really starting to fill in and i'm seeing loads of pistils:yahoo:

I'm going to pick up some 3 Gal pots today and transplant next time I water. @13" today which makes 4" growth for the week! I'm hoping for another 5-6 inches over the next week then I'll switch to the HPS and start 12/12.

Got her in the 12" pot, i'd say it's about a 3-4 gallon. Transplant was a little rough but she should be ok. Sagging a little bit but I believe thats normal for the first few hours at least. Lots of root growth in the bottom of the 1 gallon so that's awesome. I'll post some pics before I go to bed...hopefully she's perked up a bit by then. Gonna keep @18/6 with the MH until Wednesday I'm thinking. Get a little more growth out of her before I start flowering. Should be 16+ inches tall by then.

So brainy you should let her veg another 2 weeks! You'll be glad you did!

Back
Top Bottom