Sparks Pops Beans Indoors, In Soil, Under Boards: 'Bout Time!

Hey show her how and put her to work
What Penny said and show her how to trim. lol

Hey Sparks looking good there buddy.

I'm a big fan of IHG. I've been running a bunch of em for a while.
EVERYONE real happy with the quality. Specially in that soil you use!

Coots FTW.

With the Malted Barley - I've been finishing earlier than advertised.

The JB looks spectacular!

Oh hell yeah! She's my #1 trimmer around here on chop day! I'll pull them out for her, set 'em up on a table or a bucket to where she's comfy, a nice set of shears and fiskars, and you know thats the kind of job that goes better when highly medicated and playing the tunes! Everything from Skynard and Creadance, to Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, and The Band. I just tell her, "thats grown folk music right there!" lol! :) She gets a kick out of it. I even catch her little 25 year old ass jammin to Cashmere, or the Eagles. These Millennial's are going to be runnin the show pretty quick here. Seems like most of them have pretty good heads on their shoulders and are pro-cannabis in some way or another. I just like showing her the art of the homegrown, artisan grow. She's always known that her old man is a man that walks to the beat of a different drum. Love you daughter.
Sparks out.

:thumb:

Oh hell yeah! She's my #1 trimmer

I just like showing her the art of the homegrown, artisan grow. She's always known that her old man is a man that walks to the beat of a different drum.

There ya go. Good job raising the daughter proper.

Steady the course keep the drums beating. Gotta do it.

Artisan Grown - has a nice sound to it, eh?

Have you been to KIS Organics website and checked out Tad's podcasts? There's a few from Coots and others. Wealth of info.

I'm reading one now - interview with the head greenhouse guy from Whistler Organics. Large scale organically grown in Canada. Same way we grow.

Mine is definitely better than what the State is selling in the dispensaries.

Ppfftt! Oh fuck yeah! "pardon my french" That's the way i do it too. I prefer to grow my own, and smoke my own. Dont get me wrong. I've had the occasional good shit from the "legal places" but most of the time i'm pretty damn disappointed with the overall quality. And its always just a lil too dry for me. I sometimes enjoy a little barely cured produce, or i should say, less cured. You know how it is with a fresh harvest after about week to two weeks (a month is better) of harvested buds in jars, at the point where you've still gots to be crackin the jars every so often keeping the humidity inside the jars in check and you stop to take a few big wiffs to smell how she's coming along. You take a bud here and there, strictly for "testing purposes" of course :) but when you do that, you'll come across buds at different times with different levels of moisture, and different things happening with the smells and flavors and what not. Thats all i meant when i said i like it with a lil more humidity sometimes. I just feel that the dispensaries are sending that shit out too damn dry! *cough cough* lol!
:cough:

Music and trimming yes sir. Well music and anything.
I am fortunate my kids love rock. 14 y.o. son has his grandpas record collection. Everything from willie to the beatles. He loves the clasics. Owns every led zeppelin and pink floyd album.

Yeah i've also got a 27 year old boy that when growing up always wanted to wearing my old T-shirts of the stones, or Zeppelin, AC/DC, VanHalen, ect... ect... Then caught a glimpse of his music playlists, maybe it was still CD's back then , but he had alot of what i considered to be "my kind of music" in his collection of music. I guess the moral of the story is that our kids see and eventually mimic everything that we do and expose them too. Glad he absorbed more of the good things than the bad things that i was into as a youngster. Now he loves Pink Floyd, has a couple of shirts, the Beatles are one of his favorites! Also has multiple shirts! He's a good kid. Or i should say, he's a good man. But when you're a parent, its hard not to always see your kids as the poor, little defenseless, cute baby's they were when they were little.:thumb:

There ya go. Good job raising the daughter proper.

Steady the course keep the drums beating. Gotta do it.

Artisan Grown - has a nice sound to it, eh?

Have you been to KIS Organics website and checked out Tad's podcasts? There's a few from Coots and others. Wealth of info.

I'm reading one now - interview with the head greenhouse guy from Whistler Organics. Large scale organically grown in Canada. Same way we grow.

Howdy Bob! *tips hat* Thanks for stopping on by, and thank you for the tip on the podcasts. Hadn't seen any of these, or been over to the KISS website in a while. Been using BASoil lately instead.
"Artisan grow..." *smiles* yeah, that does got a good ring to it, doesn't it? lol! I dont know. Sounded good at the time anyway...

....and the beat goes on.......and the beat goes on.......

Yup. Its people i go see on a Friday after work to have some beers, burn some fatties, and unwind. Or go on a Saturday, same as above, only add BBQ, more beer and booze, and really take a fricken load off! Lol!
As for clones, i learned along time ago that "again"... "less is more." I used to spray mist my clones alot in a dome, thinking it was a good idea ya know, high humidity and all...well and that would've probably been fine except that under that dome there isn't any breeze or air circulation so you can actually cause them to mold and mildew up, and/or burn your only few remaining leaves like magnifying glass or lense. Killed alot...and learned alot over the years.
In the old days....
*stands and begins to pace the room, stopping to glance at the beautiful green earth we live on*
....back when the air was clean....the sex was dirty...and the dope was good....we done things differently youngsta! Lol! *smiles*
We used to just collect seed from our own stock. Used to know alot of so called unsavory fellers that rode around on harleys, or lowriders...pickin up and scorin pounds of some of the best brick weed around at the time. Yeah, i know, but it was a different time.
Anywho, knew a few doing real grows but that shit was still very illegal at the time, wich is hard to beleive because in California we've at least had some sort of medical cannabis for a shit load of years. Theres grown ass men with kids who dont remember a time, when it wasn't this way. But some of us cats with wisdom streaking our hair and mustaches/beards, we remember when if you played, you had to accept in your mind that there very well could be a day when you have to pay. U wanna play, u gotta pay. Some were lucky...most weren't. Me personally, well...lets just say I've got my own share of old prison tattoos that were done in places like Old Folsom, Chino, and Soledad. Not bragging by any means, in fact im ashamed. I always wear long sleeves in public, and never talk about it unless someone asks. I dont have a problem "schooling people " about the inside, for lack of a better word. But if my experiences can keep someone else from being that youngster that i was so long ago, so full of piss n' vinegar, and hate, then hell what do i know. Lol! Anyways, sidetracked for sure....
Used to just put seeds in the dirt. Collecting different ones as i went through life. Never messed with clones until recently when my outdoor thing wasn't happening anymore.
So a handful of years ago i got started indoor with single plant, and an old hps. Started taking clones, learned alot of lessons, blah blah blah...
Now i use aloe flakes from buildasoil mixed in a bowl of ro water with my root riot plugs soaking in the solution. (Sometimes add a couple of drops of liquid seaweed) if for some reason i dont have this, ill run to the local hydro store and get some clonex. Fuck it. :)
Ok. Also have a coffe cup of this liquid for cuttings. Take cuttings with a pair of scissors from the plant, then clean her up and leave the bottom forty-fived with a new, clean razor blade and let her sit in this liquid for 10-20 minutes while im taking more cuttings, or getting the other things ready. Then put them into the plugs, then plugs into a tray with dome, vents closed, spray them the first time only, dome sprayed on the inside only after that, put them aside for a few hours, till dry. If you gotta open vents to dry or give them a shake, whatever. Once no visible moisture on the leaves, under a light for 24 hours a day til rooted wich is usually 8-14 days. Only thing you need to keep moist is the plugs, and the underside of the dome. Once you see roots, dust with some mycos, and into a solo cup of soil. If they have a hard time hardening off, put a clear plastic cup over it with the bottom cracked open a bit, or cut slits, then slowly give her less and less time under the cup till she stops wilting when you pull it away. I've actually done clones straight into the cups this way too.
Say i only need one cutting, or its a top that snapped off. Same as before, only this time, cutting into plug, plug straight into the cup of soil, water in with leftover dunking solution, cover with the clear plastic cup, and wait a couple of weeks. The soil will keep that plug wet enough for the next week or so. Then water again maybe once a week as needed until roots grab hold and start using up that water and pulling it up into the plant.
Wow. Did all this on my phone. Better send it before i gotta get this thing published! Lol!
:thanks:

Hahahaha man no worries ramble on preach on call it whatever u want its teaching me shit lol. Now for ur clonex stuff do u mean this stuff?

View media item 1677693
The guy dwn at the hydro shop gave this 2 me last year to try out but i never did. So I was wondering one if this is the stuff ur talkn about an how long till it goes bad you think? It doesnt have a date on it or use by this date or nothing like that. An smell well it kinda smells weird but I dnt think bad tho lol kinda like a bottle of vitamins Haha. But it's not fermented smelling or nothing. And then 2 what should I set the ph of this stuff to cause it says sumthn bout set ph to and then the dam lable got ripped off so I cant read the next few parts lol dam things always seem to happen at the most inopportune moments. But yea brother any and all help is massively appreciated now I'm off to catch up on ur journal now I got more data I gotta play catch up with all the journals I'm behind in Haha. Then it's off to work in the garden gotta transplant a few girls and then take some clones.

Thats what i usually do too. But i tried that the first time and it was a no go. That time was from cup of water (about 20-24 hrs) then when the tail sprouted, into the solo cups. Its the way ive done it for years. So the next time i used more of the same seed into moistened paper towel but this time nothing. They turned to mush after about five days. No swelling, no tail.
No worries...we have more seed!
*rubs hands together with a mischievous grin*

:bongrip:

Lol when I picture tht laugh an mischievous grin I think of like am old timey villain u wud see in the movies hahaha. But yea man sparks those girls are lookn great for so small of pots. I noticed when I tried docs hibrix kit which works along those same lines I got way better results when I switched from a 5gallon bucket to about 27 gallons ina 30 gallon tote. I can do 2 plants in each tote an the turn to fire in that soil. An I member when I was running a Los mix from over a buildasoil and that stuff got me some of the best tasting herb I've ever grew. I used to make sure I always had atleast 2 girls in rotation with the Los mix goin at all times atleast till i ran docs kit for the first time lol.

Just cut at a 45° degree angle, dip into Clonex, and place into a rockwool cube or rapid rooter. The area dipped into Clonex will begin to aggressively building a root system

Ok the clonex I got is like a water substance its actually called clonex SOLUTION so I think I'm supposed to mix it up in ro water first set the ph to sumthn and then I'm guessing soak the rockwool cubes in it. I'm guna have to go online and check out what it says about how to use this stuff lol.

Clonex Solution will not work like the gel. They are completely different.

Yea I figured lol I have a bottle of this stuff my soil guy at the hydro shop lol sounds funny when I say it like that. but he gave me this stuff to try out last year an it got shuffled to the back of my nute bucket so I forgot bout it but I'm guna give it a shot n try it out now. Only thing is when I went to read the back over half the lable is missing lol so gotta go online to see what i need to set the ph to? I would guess round 6.5 since the clones would be going into soil but idk I could be wrong lol.

View media item 1677693

It won't hurt and will likely help but it'll be different and less successful than the gel.

Well I got a liter mixed up of the solution. So I use this solution an soak the cubes in it.

But u think I shud also use some rooting gel or maybe some root powder I have to put on the stem b4 I put it in the cube or wud that defeat the purpose of the solution?

Back
Top Bottom