Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

Thank you sir. Ive got a little gnat issue since i incorporated molasses. After the first time i used it i noticed the soil looked dark the next day and was a little sticky to the touch. Im sure this is what brought them on. I read that gnats also can attack roots so maybe that is the damage to the leaves. Im gonna remedy that today or tomorrow.
Ok so wheres a Q for you guys: I know the optimal way to tell when to harvest is looking a microscope which i plan on doing. But whats the ballpark for flowering time? 10 weeks-ish? Also, and more importantly, is that 10 weeks from 12/12, or from first pistols?

when we talk about weeks of flowering it is from date of 12/12 unless otherwise stated by the breeder.

Watch out with those damngnats, might not seem like they are doing much now but it will be detrimental for you to not try to fix it. I would get the sticky traps like you said but that only kills half the problem. I was told to apply a nice layer about an inch of sand on the top of your soil, that's if you can't find the dimascousearth. This restricts the gnats from coming through the top of your soil. Mom and dad cant get to the babies, perfect. Then you are going to want to treat your soil with a drench, I use SNS209 & 244 combined. Works awesome. Highly recommend killing all those larvae :thumb: Girls are looking good spimp, keep up the great work buddy! :Namaste: & looks like you might be doing some defol? I love defol.. :) goodluck bro!

:peace: CA215

Thank you thank you! But we gotta keep them goin strong into the home stretch. Thanks KingJohnC for the 12/12 info. Im looking to pull on june 22 that would be the 9 week day. I will try to secure a scope to check the trics just to be sure tho. the oldest one is starting to very lightly frost, so now i have something to look at!
:wood:

Ya the gnats must die. Ironically i used to sell diotomacious earth and now I gotta go find some. Ive had a family emergency that has put that on the backburner but the first day i can im getting some. Along with sticky traps. I assume you can water 'through' it?

And ya ive done some defol to try to get some light into the base of the plant where the popcorn nugs are. I plan on doing a more aggressive one by saturday if i can get this gnat thing under control.

Got some motivation earlier... :bong: So did some DEFOL.
Gonna show before and after :
03896.jpg

After
05841.jpg

03992.jpg

after
06143.jpg

037104.jpg

after
04950.jpg

Not too much
04865.jpg

And is it just me or is it getting FROSTY in here??

06430.jpg

Basically I took them into different light and they looked awesome! Rich green and vibrant. So I made the judgement that they could handle some moderate defoliation. I have a theory that once the baby nugs get two good sized leaves, the fans are "extra'. I do think its good for the plant to keep them, but with all things considered (Light penatration, Helath of plants, Being an experimental bagseed grow, etc) I decided to do some snipping.
I dried them out some due to the gnat issue. I did see less this morning. I watered them and when i got back, about 10 of those suckers had shown up. So i hung a sticky fly trap and while i was doing defol, it caught 6 lol. Due to circumstances i have not been able to get the dio earth yet but thats my #1 priority purchase. I hope you guys like the ladies, especially since they are 'less dressed' now!
:reading420magazine:

Alex, I watered about 1/2 usual this morning after an extra day and a half drying and they already feel lighter this afternoon. Do you think i should go ahead and 'top them off'?
:morenutes:

That's was my worst nightmare about scrogging from seed the worry id have a bad seed turn out male or bad hermie. Both are female so far so I'm pleased. Its advisable to use clones in scrog werd possible to do away with the problem.

I'm with Maxx, nice looking defol, those girls should start filling up nicely! Gnats relentless? Are they letting up? Hope you are getting them suckers knocked down brotha!! :thumb: And you are right on with watering "through it". Hope all's well Spimp!!

:peace: CA

Well we may have big trouble in little china...
I topped them off last night with more water, and because i am 1/16 idiot, i added a little more tigerbloom to the mix. Mind you this is my mix from monday that was 1/2 strength, PH'd and molasses. I added like 1/4 t of FF TB. This morning the plants looked rough!! And I had some discoloration on the oldest ones leaves, and some drooping.. Also seemed like they hadnt drank much. I had to rush to work and I just got home. The leaves perked up but I was worried about the discolaration so I ph'd some of the leftover water: 4.4!!!!!!!! So now im in a total panic! I think i need an emergancy flush with correctly ph'd water?? Please help guys. I think this is the same problem that sent a little girl to her grave. I have small pots-- 6"x6". I usually make a 1/2 gallon of 'tea' and this is three feedings worth. I cant believe how crazy that PH got, but it makes sense i guess. If my usual tap is 7.5-8 and I PH it down. Normally people let tap sit out to natural PH down. So i adjust mine, then let it sit it continues to go down. I guess the chlorine and what not disapte. Damn Im an idiot. OK, enough sulking, LETS FIX THIS GIRL!!!

:helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

Oh, btw, the gnat isue is much much less of a headache. I did the potato slice trick for 1.5 days then tossed them(hopefully full of larvae) and hung a sticky fly trap. saw about 10 gnats on the trap and didnt notice any flying or bothering me.

Back
Top Bottom