Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

I haven't been disappointed with any of the auto strains I've grown. If I didn't screw them up they produced stellar bud. But the outstanding ones I've grow are Seedsman Caramel Cream, 00 Seeds Chocolate Skunk and Sweet Seeds Dark Devil. The Caramel Cream was my favorite and was popular with many of my photo smoking buds. A real sweet tasting head banger it was! :Rasta:

@Grand Daddy Black you know I was looking at that Seedsman Caramel Cream but opted to go with their ZkittleZ instead. A friend of mine has grown the ZkittleZ in the past and was very happy with it. I generally have one auto growing most of the time. I will use them to fill a hole in my flowering tent till I have a plant large enough to replace it. Then sadly the auto goes back to the homemade box I built. That to me is the beauty of the autos. You can practically grow them anywhere.

They are flexible, Beez. I have grown the Seedsman Zittlez, too. It was very nice, just didn't make the top 3. I have a 2x2 tent just for autos (and photo seedlings) and a 4x4 for growing photos. I try to keep at least 4 autos going at all times. And I try to stagger their start dates so they don't all finish at the same time and so that one is always nearly ready. (I hate trim jail!).

The autos provide a nice distraction while waiting the weeks and weeks for photos to do what they do! :Rasta:

I was messing with my pup today getting some photos of him. He's really laid back when he's not being totally wild. I put one of my breathing masks on him in the hopes of snapping a picture before he ate it or ripped it off. To my surprise he seemed to like having it on. After I took his pics he put his head down and was falling asleep with it still on. I love that little dog!

Great pup and great chat about the autos. I can't really weigh in much on autos as they aren't generally my cup of tea and we've only grown a couple. For us, I think they would do well for an outdoor early crop. Benefits would be no electricity needed and you are pretty much guaranteed a finished crop without threat of loss due to fall weather. They would be begin flowering at the peak of the sunlight strength and most would be done before the wet fall weather set into our area.
Aside from that, I am not sure how much I would grow them indoors. I just like being able to have control over my tents and there still too much unknown on the timeline with autos. I've seen them start flowering as early as 24 days from sprout and as long as 75. They are all over the place on size as well. Both traits that aren't really suited for my gardening style, but I certainly see why others would like them.

Gotta get about 5 yards of compost spread out in the outdoor garden. Our temps have finally warmed up enough here for us to want to start getting our crop into the ground. We've got one batch of Sugar Snap peas going already, will do another batch this weekend as well as transplant all our tomato and pepper plants. Still gotta finish falling and clearing another 5 or so trees before I can put the all the fencing back up and seal it up tight to keep the critters out.

Momma bear and cub seen recently as well as a moose, lots of deer, and the dozens of turkeys that roll through at various hours of the day so I would like to finish the fencing soon if possible.

We did get a couple flower beds built around our septic 'candy cane' and got them filled and ready for growing. I used a couple older beds from our old place and repurposed them. We've got a lot more to build and do, but my old ass don't move real fast so it'll get done when it gets done LOL. Anyways.....off to clean up trees and cut some more wood for now. Hope all of you are staying well and not going too stir crazy. Pics of plants to come later today. Out door girls really taking off in those big pots and the weather warming up. :p

I was messing with my pup today getting some photos of him. He's really laid back when he's not being totally wild. I put one of my breathing masks on him in the hopes of snapping a picture before he ate it or ripped it off. To my surprise he seemed to like having it on. After I took his pics he put his head down and was falling asleep with it still on. I love that little dog!
He's obviously been watching the news. He probably was thinking, "It's about damn time this human gave me a mask!" :Rasta:

Sorry guys, meant to post these last night but I fell asleep after I uploaded them.....ooops.

Took pics of a few of the plants last night. Everything is looking good in the tents and smelling so nice!

We are starting it off with the Labyrinth. She got up potted from a 2 gallon to a 5 gallon and will be flipped in the next week or so. She is a bit wild but should yield well. I was going to grow it outside in the 20 gallon pots to see what kind of monster she might become out there....but I don't want to wait another 2 months for her to start flowering out so we're just going to keep it in the 5 gallon and flip.

Labyrinth (Clone) - Exotic Genetics - Veg day unknown

Jack Herer (Clone) - Seedsman - Flip Day 22

Next up is one of the two Jack Herer clones we kept. The other one is outside in a 20 gallon pot and doing well. This one got was flipped small just to get some produce going and to fill the tent up. Not expecting much from her....but the smoke is very popular with my friends so they will be happy about it.

Gorilla Glue #4 (Clone) - Grandpa Tokin Cut - Flip Day 29

Up next is a very popular lady in the garden. She is filling out nicely and really kicking up the frost level now. She is in a 5 gallon pot and will get revegged starting in another 2 weeks or so. For reveg....I like to move the plant back under 18/6 for the last 10 days of flower before harvesting. Any signs of new growth will be the signal to chop if I haven't done so. I will leave 6-8 small nugs down low with as many leaves left as possible. I don't do reveg often but I will do it on this one in an attempt to get another harvest off her much faster.

Afghani 1.1 (Clone) - Sensi Seeds - Flip Day 40

This lady is rolling along like a dream. This is a fantastic cut that absolutely hits like a sledgehammer. Everyone who has smoked her has said its the most potent night time meds they have had. She is really frosting up and picking strong licorice smells to her....anise specifically. Its not overpowering but very pleasant! Her buds are densing up more than when I grew her from seed. I am starting to see the initial nanners popping on her lowers just like when she was grown from seed. Oh well....she's still worth keeping regardless of the nanners. None of them seem to have pollen.

Gotta get my butt back out to work. Catch you all in a few hours!

They’re all looking super Van, that GG4 is sweet.

Hey Penny, thanks brother. She is a breeze to grow. This one isn't nearly as stretchy as the first one.

I do love that Afghani!!

She is a winner for sure.....best night time smoke I've come across! This ones going a bit better than the mom I think. So glad I was able to salvage the cut.

:thumb: :drool::adore:beautiful:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: Cheers brother!! Hope all is well with you!
That Afghani is stoopid nice looking! :Rasta:

:thanks: my friend!! She sure is nice to look at and smell!

That grandpa glue always looking nice :passitleft:

You have a current journal going brother? I saw you wrapped up your other one.

Looking on par for a Stank garden. Perfect

Derby, good to see ya brother! Thanks for swinging through. Things are definitely swinging the right direction here now that we figured out the soil and pest issue.

Hey Penny, thanks brother. She is a breeze to grow. This one isn't nearly as stretchy as the first one.

She is a winner for sure.....best night time smoke I've come across! This ones going a bit better than the mom I think. So glad I was able to salvage the cut.

:passitleft: Cheers brother!! Hope all is well with you!

:thanks: my friend!! She sure is nice to look at and smell!

You have a current journal going brother? I saw you wrapped up your other one.

Derby, good to see ya brother! Thanks for swinging through. Things are definitely swinging the right direction here now that we figured out the soil and pest issue.
I don't have a current journal, I might start one with the build, I'm planning on taking some seeds for a swim in june/july :headbanger: :high-five: I grabbed a pack of NL#5 x Haze and super silver haze from mr nice seeds.
I just got my mini split in yesterday! gutting the work shop this weekend and framing in the new room next week. great deal on the mini split 1.100 with a $700 rebate. It's a DYI unit so no HVAC needed. Cheers brother:passitleft:

Very nice lookin ladies you have there Van! That Afghani though.......:circle-of-love:
Holy smokes Van! A fine looking stable indeed.

Thanks guys!! Appreciate the comments and kind words as always. That Afghani is special if you like to sleep well. I have been out of it for a few weeks now and I HATE NOT HAVING ANY. Her clone rooted in 8 days....both of them actually, along with the Sour Pineapple. Thats the fastest I have had up to this point.....I clone in rapid rooter plugs.

Back
Top Bottom