Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Golden Tiger (Regs) - ACE SEEDS - Veg Day 5

Here is an intro to one of our newest drops. We dropped 2 Golden Tiger regular beans and they just got transplanted from their seedling stage into their first real pot. I went with half gallons to try and keep them manageable for a month. Both are looking great and are growing very well.

I toyed with growing them outside on the deck but I know there is zero chance that they would finish outdoors up here so I quickly dispelled that notion. I'll just keep em indoors and try to keep them tame LOL.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and going to have a great memorial day! Stanks gonna be cutting down trees and working on the outdoor veggie garden. If I can get the trees all down today I will be a very happy camper. Warmest day of the season here so far. We were at 75 degrees before noon. Cheers......y'all stay safe and be good!

@Van Stank I see you doing something I've always wanted to do but have been hesitant to this point. I see you have your two Golden Tiger (inside plants) out on the deck absorbing some sunlight. My fear in doing so is contamination. There are so many pests flying and crawling around not to mention spores of all sorts floating around in the air. I also see @InTheShed with indoor/outdoor growing as well. So I thought I would ask.

Well I used to have those concerns until I found sulfur. The sulfur burn coats the leaves and changes the pH of the surface area to an acidic level that is intolerable to pests. So even in they got blown on to it.....it won't want to stay on there and can't live. I just make sure to do a weekly burn on everything and I am golden.

Super Lemon Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds - Veg Day 87

We kept this one in a 1 gallon pot up until day 65 and have been keeping her growing on the slower side when possible, but she's starting to take off in 3 gallon. She was one that was growing in the older batch of slow cooked soil which is another reason for her being on the smaller side. She and all the other ladies got a sulfur burn last night. I am figuring a month or so and she will be up potted and flipped....no rush.

Durban (Reg) - Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 88

This is another one that was grown in the poorly cooked batch of soil over the winter and was smaller than she should have been during that time. She got up potted to a 5 gallon pot and EXPLODED almost instantly. She was in a half gallon pot the whole time waiting for her to show sex.....which I think slowed her down some more in showing sex. The growth since I transplanted her has been drastically different from the rest of her grow. I wasn't going to take clones off her, but I think I will now that she is showing what she has.

Super Silver Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds - Veg Day 44

Here is a good example of how a girl usually grows when in a good batch of soil. She was planted into soil that was moved from the basement cold temps, to the upstairs area near the wood stove to finish cooking properly. She's 40+ days younger than the above two girls and almost the same size. This was a back to back cup winner back in the 90s so I am looking forward to giving it a test drive! Cheers and hope everyone has a great weekend and is staying safe out there!

Afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekends. Been a busy weekend for us. Lots of work around the homestead. Got all our tomatoes and peppers transplanted into the outdoor garden. Need to plant the beans, carrots and beets today and get the grass cut. I swear its never ending....but I freaking love it!

Spent the morning working on the girls. Got most of the watering done between last night and this morning. Have to transplant a few seedlings. Only a couple updates today.

Garlic Sherbert (Clone) - In-House Genetics - Veg Day 72

First peek at this sweet little lady. She has really been growing nicely since I got her into the good cooked soil. Lots of healthy new growth. She got a Sulfur burn Friday night....her weekly burn and had lot of nice new green growth the next day. The plants really love the burns. I gave her about a quarter dose of water.....just on the top. She will be getting a full watering next time. Gonna take a couple clones off her this week.

Alien OG (Clone) - Cali Connection - Veg Day 72

This lady got transplanted to a 5 gallon pot about 2 weeks ago. She's got about a week before I flip her. She's been growing very well through out the whole grow for the most part. She also got a sulfur burn on Friday. Will be taking a couple clones off her this week as well. Cheers!!

Alien OG should be a good smoke.

I hope so. Says its sativa dominant so we will see. Never grown anything from Cali Connection before. Good to see ya Penny, thanks for swinging through!

What a nice looking collection! :Rasta:

Thank you sir! They are definitely hitting their stride! Very happy with how things are shaping up this summer. So much different from last year, THANKFULLY!!

Looks like the cooked soil is right back before the move. Garden is looking spot on. Not a leaf out of place. Nicely done Stanks.

Amen there Derby....what a difference eh? I can see the difference in the soil daily in the way they are growing....kind of makes me feel all warm and tingly! Oh wait.....sorry, getting carried away :p

Morning all!

Man been on the warm side here the last couple days. What a weird year huh?? Snow through the middle of May and now we are looking close to 90 degrees. The outdoor garden is loving it. Apparently we forgot a few potatoes over the winter and they are throwing shoots up through the soil LOL. The peas are taking off and the peppers are looking like the transplant took nicely.

We snapped a couple quick pics of some of the outdoor girls we have going right now.

This is the Jack Herer, transplanted into the 20 gallon back on May 4th. She is growing like mad. I can't remember if I posted this before, but I am running a bit of an experiment on amending used soil. I planted the Jack into unamended used Stank Soil. I would have to say, to this point, its the best of of the three plants in 20 gallon pots outdoors. The Sour Cherries went into soil amended on the same day it was transplanted. Its showing the most ill effects. The Afghani went into soil that was amended and set for a week.

Jack Herer (Clone) - Seedsman - May 27th Veg

Sour Cherries (Clone) - Crockett Family Farms - May 27th Veg

Afghani #1 (Clone) - Sensi Seeds - May 27th Veg

We are very impressed with the growth on the Afghani and Jack. The Sour Cherries is improving as the soil is getting better. I think she will be just fine in another couple weeks.

I recently cloned the Sour Pineapple from Annunaki Genetics and it popped out a root the other day so I decided to plant her directly into a 20 gallon pot from the start and grow her outside. She is a little pissed off right now....well cause its hot as balls out there today. I figure it will be good to see the growth from cutting to harvest in the same 20 gallon pot.

Sour Pineapple 1.2 (Clone) - Annunaki Genetics - May 27th Veg

This is the only suspected male that we have running right now. This is a Freebie from Duke Diamond called Skush. I am assuming its a cross between Skunk and a Kush. He's been outdoors growing on the deck for a handful of days and my god did he ever explode with growth. Wasn't planning on doing anything with him as he was a slow grower early on but now in the warmer weather he is beasting it....so I might keep him around for a bit and see how he develops. Doesn't hurt to let him go for a couple more weeks.

And the last couple that we have to update are the Stank Genetics stuff......

DTF (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 28

Stankberry (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 28

Hi Stank! I’m following along if that’s all right? I’ve got an Afghani #1 about to go into blooming too. :) I’m really diggin everything you’ve got going on here. I’m also a fan of the Crockett Family Farms strains I’ve bought from the dispensary, I haven’t grown any out myself yet, but I’ve got some of their beans headed my way. Excited to see your grows :popcorn::popcorn:

Everything looks gloriously happy out there on the deck in the sun. Have you considered shading that Sour Pineapple for a few hours during the hottest part of the day till she gets acclimated to the intensity of the sun?

I thought about it.....and depending on how she does I may end up doing it. She will get shade in the afternoon where she is at. She's just getting her ass kicked for the first 8 hours of the day LOL. Shes been in the soil for less than 24 hours right now. If she dies, I have another cut of her in a solo cup that I will replace her with.

Hi Stank! I’m following along if that’s all right? I’ve got an Afghani #1 about to go into blooming too. :) I’m really diggin everything you’ve got going on here. I’m also a fan of the Crockett Family Farms strains I’ve bought from the dispensary, I haven’t grown any out myself yet, but I’ve got some of their beans headed my way. Excited to see your grows :popcorn::popcorn:

Great to have ya HH!! I absolutely love my Sensi Afghani.....seriously top notch night time meds.

The Sour Cherries is a great daytime smoke. Grows very easily and smells delicious!! Very sour and rank as well. I don't think you would disappointed with it!!

Why is welcome to the jungle playing in my head :headbanger::rofl: those ladies will be beasts brother! Pumped to watch this one

I was thinking about a "jungle" while I was watering the Stankberry today. I almost up potted them to a 20 but I know that they are regs and I don't want to waste the soil on a male. Thinking I will up pot to a 3 gallon pot for them to grow for another couple weeks. At that time they should be about ready to show sex.....up pot the wenches into a big pot and let it go naturally. I would love to see just how tall they will get in a big pot. If I get two girls from the 3 Stankberry plants, I will grow one out trained and one naturally :p :Rasta:

:popcorn:

Beautiful shine on all your plants VS :yummy:

Seeing your reply reminded me that I owe you and @dynamo1 the Stank Soil recipe. Found my notebook so here goes!

This batch will generally yield around 50-60 gallons of finished soil depending on the brand of soils, EWC, Coco or Promix you use.

Base items
(2) 1.5 cf bag soil (I use Roots Organic but have also tried Nectar of the Gods as well)
(1) Bag of Coco (2 cf) or Pro Mix or Canadian Spagnum Peat Moss
(1) 30 LB Bag of Earth Worm Castings
(1) .5 cf Bag of Humus (I Use Ancient Forest Alaskan Humus)
.5 cf of BioChar (lots of brands out there or you can make your own...see the tube)
(1) Cup Neem/Karanja Cake (Been having a hard time finding this so feel free to substitute straight Neem Seed Meal)
(2) Cups Crap Meal
(2) Cups Shrimp Meal
(2) Cups Bio-Live (great general use fertilizer as its a combination of several things and is from the brand Down to Earth)
(2) Cups Fish Bone Meal
(2) Cups Langbeinite
(1) Cup Azomite
(1) Cup Alfalfa Meal
(1) Cup Bonemeal
(2) Cups Bio-Fish (from Down to Earth)
(2) Cups Soybean Meal
(1) Cup Glacial Rock Dust
(1) Cup Basalt
(2) Cups Gypsum
(1) Cup Fish Meal
(1) Cup Blood Meal
(3) Cups Greensand (They recently shut down the only Greensand mine opened in the USA, but supposedly Brazil has a mine that is filling the requirements.....but its still tough to find locally but available through the zon)
(1) Cup Seabird Guano
(1) Cup Bat Guano
(2) Cups Feather Meal (Great slow release N that won't burn plants and great for top dressings)
(2) Cups Oyster Shell Flour
(2) Cups Kelp Meal
(.5) Cup Rock Phosphate
(.5) Cup Dolomite Lime
(1) Tablespoon Humic Acid (powder)
(2) Tablespoon Azos (beneficial bacteria....can substitute with whatever is available)
(.5) Cup Mykos
(1) Cup Insect Frass

Doesn't really matter the order you mix anything....just get it good and mixed up. That amount will require about 5 gallons of water to get the cook going properly. Make sure to cook in temps above 70 degrees F for at least 30 days (I prefer waiting 45 when possible). Once cooked....store properly and keep damp and off any concrete floors (Set on pads of foam or something else to insulate from the cold suck).

This will generally get you start to finish with water only if the soil is cooked properly. I keep harping on that because that issue was the culprit in all troubles the last two winters. Soil just wasn't cooking properly down in the basement.

I have eliminated that issue this year by just picking up everything needed to make 200 gallons of our Stank Soil and getting it cooked up this week. Yes its heavy on amendments....too heavy in some people's minds, but when its cooked properly and being used in good environmental conditions, its a top notch soil that will yield heavy and produce top notch flowers.

I don't pH anything or even own a pH pen. All I use when I water my plants is water (rain water is the absolute best) and SNS-209 (systemic treatment against pests...basically just rosemary oil into soil drenches). Occasionally I will also add 1 Tablespoon of Hydrolized Fish/Seaweed Fertilizer (2-3-1) into a 5 gallon bucket of water if I am keeping the plants in small pots for a while. I am a huge fan of most any fish based fertilizer...the plants react immediately when I water it in.

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom