Stilletto's Continuous Experiment of Maximizing a Soilless Grow

Good evening again!
I am 2 days late with this post but I have been busy.
So as I lat posted, I was about to get into the harvest.... and I did. It was a great relaxing atmosphere, my wife an I and 2 close friends. Lots of fat joints kept things moving at a turtles pace but it was very enjoyable. I like trimming it while it is fresh and prefer to do it by hand, understandably if you have a few dozen plants a auto trim maching would be cool, but I like the personal touch that can only be accomplihed by hand trimming. :)
The entire event took 6 hours, good times, good tokes, good tunes, and good friends. :)

Let's get to some pics!
This was the room right before I began...
harvest_jul2011_01.jpg

Here is just one plant, I trimmed most of the big leaves for a better look....
harvest_jul2011_04.jpg

There were some absolutely massive colas... 8 of them were over 18" long...
harvest_jul2011_06.jpg

I can easily see that I will exceed my last grow... mainly because I have never had the drybox so packed...
harvest_jul2011_07.jpg

And I will end with a random bud photo...
harvest_jul2011_03.jpg

That is it for now... I will have the final weights in about a week and will do a final update then. :)

Thanx for stoppin' by....

Jonny

Lookin' damn good man! Haven't smoked in over two months... Got me salivating for sure. :bravo:

Just from the looks of it your dry box seems a bit more cramped this time. Probably 3-4 good ozs on the top and bottom there. If I remember last everything fit on your wires last time (didn't go back to check before starting this post).

Only six hours to trim all that? Damn. That's some fast handy work.

:Namaste:

I'll try that out adding extra P and K with the MaxiBloom. Still got a lot of the FoxFarm products from the first few grows, will add them in slowly to see how the girls takes it. From seeing your results I'll take notes. That's some serious grow you got going. Eyeballing from the dry box you're about 1.2 pound dried.

Nice job - amazing plants as usual! Did you top the Blueberries already? They really stretch in flower - at least mine did.
Wow, did they ever stretch! 3 weeks after I germed the seeds they were already 12"= tall. At the 4 week mark I chopped them in half, 1 week later I had to chopp them down again, and just yesterday I did the same... I am afraid I might have hurt them by trimming so heavy. Time will tell. :)
I did manage to get some great clones from this Blueberry, I hope it is a good strain so I can do some more. I also took some clones from my Kish before I got ready for flowering it, I hope they take.

Lookin' damn good man! Haven't smoked in over two months... Got me salivating for sure.
Thx pal... glad you enjoyed the ride! Two months! wow... I have trouble going two hours.!
I have smoked for 25 years and have gone a total of 33 days without a toke. In the last 15 years it has been only 4 days. I need my daily vitamin M! As a note, I have faily good health and have avoided many genetic desieses like diabetes, emphazema, cancer, ulcers, all of which plage almost every other member of my family, I strongly believe that it is the marijuana.

I'll try that out adding extra P and K with the MaxiBloom. Still got a lot of the FoxFarm products from the first few grows, will add them in slowly to see how the girls takes it. From seeing your results I'll take notes. That's some serious grow you got going. Eyeballing from the dry box you're about 1.2 pound dried.
The GH product that compares to the blend I am using is "Kool Bloom" 2-45-28, and is used as an additive over and above the Maxi-Bloom. At the start,(21 day into flower) lower your Maxi-bloom by 25% when using Kool-Bloom and then increase the Maxi-bloom slowly over weeks 4,5 and 6 then level off until you burn the plants(then back off) or until ripening.

I will ttyl guys.

Jonny

Thx pal... glad you enjoyed the ride! Two months! wow... I have trouble going two hours.!
I have smoked for 25 years and have gone a total of 33 days without a toke. In the last 15 years it has been only 4 days. I need my daily vitamin M! As a note, I have faily good health and have avoided many genetic desieses like diabetes, emphazema, cancer, ulcers, all of which plage almost every other member of my family, I strongly believe that it is the marijuana.

Just finished school and doing the whole legit job search nonsense. Otherwise I would be doing the same. You have more years of smoking than I have in age all together. :adore:

I put a lot of belief and emphasis on mj as well with my health but when I get a common cold I definitely quit for the extent of the cold. Don't want to prolong the lung phlegm. It'll be a long time before the full extent of the CBN, CBD, THCV, and THC benefits are truly understood. Just hoping that it gets taken out of schedule one in the states by this point... From there who knows.

Great harvest, Jonny. :bravo:

I remember thinking your drying box was pretty full last time, but I know it wasn't that full!

Congrats buddy, I'm sure you hit your goal this time. :)

Helloooo!

Well the crop is dry and I was able to get it into jars for the cure!

It has been a great crop and I hoped it would exceed the last one. I really wanted to break the 5 ounce per plant mark through continual tweeking. 1 extra week of veg, 1/2 a gallon extra medium, and carb through the 10 days of flush. All other variables were kept the same.
I noticed a little more height in the plants, colas seemed a bit bigger too. Health all the way through. :)
Here are the final numbers.......

The 4 plants yeilded... 20.25 oz's! Over 5 oz's per plant! :cheer:

So this has been the best run ever in my room and 4 plants have yeilded more than when I grew 6,9, and 12.

This has been a great strain and I have enjoyed pushing it to it's limits in my room.

I am going to close this journal and begin a new one for the next batch witch will be a Kish, another Big Bang, and 2 Blueberry! Stay tuned!

Thx for following my jounal and I hope it has been informative and enjoyable! :)

Jonny Stilletto

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

hey there, just checked out your grow and all i can say is yummy! my mouth was watering. it also awnsered my question as to why one of my plants is yellow at tips. im growing in soil but have been giving too much nutrients. it is probably water ph too but as im poverty stricken at moment can only afford straight tap water. also the other 3 plants are not yellowing (grew them from bag seed) and if it was the water i feel they would all be suffering. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom