Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Nice work, Justin. That combo has got me drooling already!!
:thumb:
My 2 favorite tasting, most dense strains (WC and GSC) it’s gonna be a good time.

GSC is already a parent of Wedding Cake so I’m not sure what it means when you breed a cross back with one of its parents…but I know in this case it can’t be bad ;) it sounds like my ideal strain.

Here’s the final product of the Colloidal Silver reversal on the GSC Auto
4559EE27-0D5A-4371-ACE0-C7BF7D83B315.jpeg
and I collected quite a bit of the good stuff. Doesn’t look like much but this is literally a lifetime supply, if I store it correctly.
5CAADFBD-A39D-44FA-9A9F-CD804EBBADDC.jpeg
I also have a similar amount of the Gelato Auto pollen. This project is going to breed many generations to come.

Pollen is exciting when it’s a welcome guest, sort of like a raccoon :rofl:

So in reading a bit about this type of breeding (after the fact, of course) I get a clearer picture of what I'm doing. I really had little idea and have only ever made F1 crosses (Male pollen x Female, using 2 different strains) and the seeds weren't feminized.
While the jury seems to be out on whether a truly stable variety can be bred from 2 genetically different feminized seeds if one is reversed via CS, that's half of what I did here.

The seeds from the Auto Gelato x Auto WC is going to be an Auto BX1 (backcross 1st gen) and will resemble the strain Ice Cream Cake.
One of the things consistently mentioned in my reading is trusting the genetics. If they are solid, this has a better chance of working without issues. The Dope seeds (Blackskull) Auto Gelato I've only grown once. While I do believe the genetics are 100% legit, I just don't really know. The possible problems that arise would be from some of the pollen which made these seeds originally, turned out to be Hermaphrodite (making the new genes XXX instead of XX). It's something I'll have to watch carefully for.
Since Wedding Cake Auto also originally an offspring of Girl Scout Cookies Auto, breeding it back with Girl Scout Cookies Auto gives me a much more desirable and stable BX1 (BackCross) Feminized Auto Hybrid. I can likely look forward to stronger traits and stronger plants with this cross. I like hearing that, since those are my favorite strains anyway. I trust the WSE and the Barneys Farm genetics to have no herms in their background. This could work.

There is very little information out there on:
1. Reversal of sex on feminized hybrid seeds, followed by-
2. Breeding of 2 feminized hybrids, both from seed, after reversing sex on one of them.

I went down a big Rabbit Hole, and found that 10-12 years ago, breeding with fem. seeds was a bigger issue. People even warned against it. It's still not highly recommended as it can cause problems if the genetics are weak.
But get into the past few years and genetics have stabilized, autos have stabilized, many herms have been bred out. Many of the breeders I see now will consistently use fem seeds and never have a male around at all.
So I'm sort of toying with fire here, though it could end up being well worth it.

If someone more familiar with breeding can enlighten me here, I'd be happy to listen.
As of today, this is what I know...and the seeds are coming ;)

Well I’ve done A LOT of reading since last night on breeding of autoflowers.

I have answered many of my own questions, including the recessive traits of autos being expressed in the new strain. So basically I don’t have to worry about them being autos, they will be autos thanks to the ruderalis gene in both parents.
I’ll be watching for mutants and herms but otherwise I’m pretty excited to get my own seeds growing. How will they grow? Only one way to find out.
For now I’m trying to see the beginning of seeds in this pic and maybe it is?
C23065AA-DA96-4FBB-B578-F95581AB8DAC.jpeg
The pollinated branches are very obvious now. It’s also obvious that shit got everywhere lol.
Still gonna be lots of good unseeded bud here.
37CCFDB2-D779-4256-8E73-EB627233E9FD.jpeg
The CBG has a really pretty shade of darker purple starting on every flower.
I can’t describe the smell of it- it’s sticky like THC but has no THC so it’s odor is strange and pungent to me. Smells a bit like the water after I bud wash. Dirty but sexy? :rofl:

Hey Justin,

I'm not a breeder myself but I have been loving learning about it.

My understanding is that S1s and S2s are not either desirable or undesirable in and of themselves, it's more about the context in which you would like to use them.

S1s and S2s are perhaps not ideal for a small homegrower, as, like you pointed out, the plants can display a lot of recessive traits. However, there is also the chance of finding a close replica of the parent, or even an amplification of the parent. Ideally one would pop a pack or two and hunt through them, rather than just popping one. It's a probability game. (This is also the reason why I despise seed companies that simply reverse others' work and sell them on.)

In saying all of that, S1s and S2s and so on are incredibly useful for breeders. They can be used to stabilise and lock-in certain traits, given proper selection. They can then be used in outcrosses with other similarly "inbred" lines to achieve hybrid vigour/heterosis.

Hey Justin,

I'm not a breeder myself but I have been loving learning about it.

My understanding is that S1s and S2s are not either desirable or undesirable in and of themselves, it's more about the context in which you would like to use them.

S1s and S2s are perhaps not ideal for a small homegrower, as, like you pointed out, the plants can display a lot of recessive traits. However, there is also the chance of finding a close replica of the parent, or even an amplification of the parent. Ideally one would pop a pack or two and hunt through them, rather than just popping one. It's a probability game. (This is also the reason why I despise seed companies that simply reverse others' work and sell them on.)

In saying all of that, S1s and S2s and so on are incredibly useful for breeders. They can be used to stabilise and lock-in certain traits, given proper selection. They can then be used in outcrosses with other similarly "inbred" lines to achieve hybrid vigour/heterosis.
It has been really interesting and more complicated than I imagined. I had to make it worse by using 2 feminized autos lol. Luckily with the GSC already being in their lineage, I may be strengthening some of the traits I enjoy with these, and not losing any.
I really had no intentions of making S1’s, it would require keeping the plant around for too long and pollen would end up everywhere! The GSC never even gave me the chance, as it never grew pistils like the Gelato did.
Since they are autos, I would have loved to pick the strongest one but I had to start spraying it with CS at a week old so it’s a bit of a crap shoot.
The mother, Wedding Cake auto is a nice specimen, equal to the last one. Not worried about her.
So what I have here are BX1 crosses from back crossing with GSC.
Now I can grow one of the seeds out and hit it with the same GSC pollen again, giving me a BX2 cross (if I like it’s characteristics) and hopefully cementing those lovely traits into the seeds.
I don’t plan on doing anything with the seeds except growing them out myself, so I can say I bred my own autos ;)

It has been really interesting and more complicated than I imagined. I had to make it worse by using 2 feminized autos lol. Luckily with the GSC already being in their lineage, I may be strengthening some of the traits I enjoy with these, and not losing any.
I really had no intentions of making S1’s, it would require keeping the plant around for too long and pollen would end up everywhere! The GSC never even gave me the chance, as it never grew pistils like the Gelato did.
Since they are autos, I would have loved to pick the strongest one but I had to start spraying it with CS at a week old so it’s a bit of a crap shoot.
The mother, Wedding Cake auto is a nice specimen, equal to the last one. Not worried about her.
So what I have here are BX1 crosses from back crossing with GSC.
Now I can grow one of the seeds out and hit it with the same GSC pollen again, giving me a BX2 cross (if I like it’s characteristics) and hopefully cementing those lovely traits into the seeds.
I don’t plan on doing anything with the seeds except growing them out myself, so I can say I bred my own autos ;)

I think that sounds like a really fun and fulfilling project. :thumb:

I would love to try something like this, when/if I get the space to do so!

Getting the outdoor Auto crew ready this week. I picked 3 that will be interesting and beautiful. 2 that I’ve done before and one that just showed up
25922E0A-7694-4CD8-A768-00BBF1D469AA.jpeg
Blueberry auto
531B6140-191C-463A-B107-3EBB07443232.jpeg
Purple Lemonade auto
97D0747B-50D8-417C-B4AB-4FE0B160CB5B.jpeg
and growers, say Hello to AK-48 auto from @Weed Seeds Express.
These are on about hour 20 of floating and will soon find their way into some FFoF.

Getting the outdoor Auto crew ready this week. I picked 3 that will be interesting and beautiful. 2 that I’ve done before and one that just showed up
Blueberry auto
Purple Lemonade auto
These are on about hour 20 of floating and will soon find their way into some FFoF.
And I should mention that going into the soil along with GF, is @DYNOMYCO who has been kind enough to let me sample their product on several crops, this being the first.

In tent #1 the baby making has commenced as the WC just shows more and more sign of being seeded in SEVERAL places (including unintended places lol)
E5F919E5-43CE-4321-A58F-3C31264FC21F.jpeg
oh well, worse things have happened. Still better than spider mites any day!

Blueberry auto
Purple Lemonade auto
It's always a pleasure to work with you Justin!

Woot woot!! Congrats, proud Papa!
:yahoo:
Thanks DAB, it’s been interesting for sure.
The plants still look amazing and I’m just hoping there’s a little I can smoke on that WC that didn’t get seeded lol
939AF0C5-31E3-4280-96AB-0A1CE552B0DA.jpeg
hard to see in the pics but about 3 of the colas on the WC (front) are a nice light shade of purple. Purpinator is definitely in here doing its thing, the CBG has lots of purple in the tops of her flowers. Would they have had it anyway, I guess we will never know lol. I’m making sure the plant has all the P it needs while making seeds, and the K gets a nice dose as well with the Purpinator. Another great product brought to us by @GeoFlora Nutrients

Back
Top Bottom