Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Well we’ve got some new faces in here- The Blueberry and Purple Lemonade are doing their normal thing. Popped up and kinda sitting there getting established. Not real exciting yet but they live-
4C396B17-4F49-4182-8A15-3D1699425AAB.jpeg
02965495-FCD0-41C0-B485-89AA94EABE94.jpeg

And unfortunately one of my only Duds from WSE, the AK-48, just didn’t show.

But not to worry, I’ve replaced her with something strong.
Really strong.
Almost comic book type strength ;)
7DBDD3A9-341B-488B-B4F4-37F93ED52DD1.jpeg
you wouldn’t like her when she’s angry.

This WC got her last watering today.
The last time I harvested at 70 days. This time being a bit more patient because why the hell not, plus there’s seeds cooking in there. We are currently at 78 days.
Under the microscope, I have about 50% cloudy trichomes and about 10% amber. There’s definitely no harm in letting this heavy indica get even heavier and REALLY finish right. Once she has drank every last ounce of water from that soil I’ll put her out of the light for a day or so. She’s going to be a strong finisher in many ways, and I’m happy seeding her obviously didn’t ruin her.
Take a look-
1DB49817-72B5-4B95-8F94-13AF8E13BEDA.jpeg
Probably be not as heavy as the previous WC (maybe 5-6 oz instead of 7)
I suspect the pollination stopped this one from getting her max size, but I’m smiling about her anyways.

And the CBG auto.
Not spoken about as much during this grow but she is turning out nice as well. Very short (about 14”) but solid colas are all she has.
F62E3378-5A63-4059-8772-C069492CD827.jpeg

She has an unknown finish date but I’m going to harvest her in about a week with the WC.
Strange look, smell, and stickiness. Should be a very interesting smoke!

Went ahead and chopped the CBG auto today. Unsure of what to expect from the beginning, this one has been fairly straightforward. 80 days old today.
Lots of purple, lots of sticky fluffy bud, but with dense tips.
B646E6B5-F790-4703-BFEA-F29C2723B606.jpeg
61831D89-E05B-4381-BA70-B453B1F65441.jpeg
Final number 445g. Not huge but I’m not even sure what the expected yield here was. I think 3 ish oz of this bud will probably be a good amount for me to experiment with. A little smoke, a little in the edibles, and a little to give to all the people in my life with joint pain and sleep problems.
Next up (this weekend) WEDDING CAKE!

And the CBG auto.
Not spoken about as much during this grow but she is turning out nice as well. Very short (about 14”) but solid colas are all she has.
F62E3378-5A63-4059-8772-C069492CD827.jpeg

She has an unknown finish date but I’m going to harvest her in about a week with the WC.
Strange look, smell, and stickiness. Should be a very interesting smoke!
Hello, Justin: been following along awhile now — always impressed with your results.

Question: what will smoking the CBG plant accomplish? Does it have psychoactive qualities?

Hello, Justin: been following along awhile now — always impressed with your results.

Question: what will smoking the CBG plant accomplish? Does it have psychoactive qualities?
I’m glad you asked, it’s not psychoactive.
Here is the best explanation (not mine) that I could find for CBG:

What Exactly Is CBG?​

CBG (cannabigerol) is a non-acidic cannabinoid produced when heat is applied to the CBGA (cannabigerolic acid) molecule. Its close chemical relatives are THC, CBD, and CBC.

CBG is found mainly in hemp products, and strains bred for high THC usually contain very low amounts of CBG (less than 1%). High CBD strains, on the other hand, contain much higher concentrations of this essential cannabinoid.

CBG will not get you high. CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid much like CBD. In fact, in brain-chemistry terms, CBG is what’s known as an antagonist because it interferes with the trippy high created by THC. That’s not a bad thing.

In fact, it underscores the danger of producing strong weed strains with ultra-high THC concentrations because, without CBG, it’s entirely possible to go from buzzed to bad trip in just one drag.

How Does CBG Work?​

When you smoke, dab, eat, vape, or in any other way consume a cannabis product, you introduce cannabinoids like CBG into your bloodstream. Your blood then circulates the CBG throughout your body and into your brain.

When the CBG and other cannabinoids reach your grey matter, they dock with and activate special neurons that then produce a wide variety of effects elsewhere in your brain and throughout your body.

Think of CBG, THC, CBD, and CBN like keys that unlock and open certain doors. When those doors are open, messages can pass through to other parts of your brain and body.

So, for example, if you’re experiencing insomnia, CBG unlocks and opens the door that signals your body to release hormones that help you sleep.

Of course, the process is a bit more complicated than we’ve described here because science, but you get the basic idea.

Bottom line, it all comes back to the way CBG interacts with neurons.

When you ingest, inhale, or imbibe your favorite strain (let’s say Wedding Cake), the THC molecule fits snuggly into certain receptors (CB1) and will turn those neurons on.​

The CBG molecule will fit snugly into other receptors and turn them on.​

But CBG will also try to dock with the receptors designed for THC. It won’t be such a snug fit, but they’ll try.​

The benefits that CBG has to offer are closely tied to what it does in the human body. In the right dose, CBG acts as an:

• Analgesic (relieves pain).
  • Antibacterial (slows bacteria growth).
  • Anti-convulsive (reduces seizures and convulsions).
  • Anti-inflammatory (reduces inflammation).
  • Anti-insomnia (aids sleep).
  • Anti-proliferative (inhibits cancer cell growth).
  • Antidepressant (raises mood).
  • Bone stimulant (promotes bone growth).
  • Brain cell stimulant (promotes neuron growth).
  • Appetite stimulant (increases appetite).

The next crew, warming up.
A4ECA395-15DC-446B-8E2C-D812C13787DC.jpeg
Purple Lemonade is always a strong starter, and a light feeder. No nutes, just happy to be alive. Bruce Banner is just waking up…and the 2 GSC (auto) twins, one just got past a helmet-stuck-on-head incident, but it looks like it made it through alright.
I can never have too much GSC curing in jars lol.

This WC got her last watering today.
The last time I harvested at 70 days. This time being a bit more patient because why the hell not, plus there’s seeds cooking in there. We are currently at 78 days.
Under the microscope, I have about 50% cloudy trichomes and about 10% amber. There’s definitely no harm in letting this heavy indica get even heavier and REALLY finish right. Once she has drank every last ounce of water from that soil I’ll put her out of the light for a day or so. She’s going to be a strong finisher in many ways, and I’m happy seeding her obviously didn’t ruin her.
Take a look-
1DB49817-72B5-4B95-8F94-13AF8E13BEDA.jpeg
Probably be not as heavy as the previous WC (maybe 5-6 oz instead of 7)
I suspect the pollination stopped this one from getting her max size, but I’m smiling about her anyways.
No water since Sunday and looking ripe.
E21EDB0E-C619-41B6-BDF0-FD3AE6C91BC3.jpeg
B154B0E8-1958-47E8-B755-C6C1F8403FC7.jpeg
It’s been a month since the pollination, which went better than I thought. Better meaning I got seeds, but didn’t ruin the plant to do it.
This baby looks potent as ever, and I can even say I let this one go an extra 2 weeks tomorrow when it’s 84 days old. That’s 14 days longer than the last WC. Hopefully that’s good for the seeds and good for the smoke.
She’s a stinker, that’s for sure.
Chop Chop tomorrow morning!

Well the WC wasn’t as big as I’d hoped but I still expect big things from her smoke and her seeds.
0ABB3CC2-6119-4059-8B6E-A6E7D70D3DA9.jpeg
All said and done it was 424g (semi trimmed) so we should end up with 4 oz-ish when it’s dry.
I left a few smaller seeded lower branches on the plant to finish completely. I don’t think it will hurt them to get another 7-10 days on the plant, I’d rather not rush and risk them being underdeveloped.
She was beautiful in many ways, and not really grown for quantity, so I’m calling her a success ;)

:drool: :love: Well done! Those are beautiful and an unbelievably amazing job with the pollen. I love what you are doing Justin & hope to eventually start doing similar. Truly appreciate you doing an amazing job with this, the CBG looks like something I love to try as well one day.

:drool: :love: Well done! Those are beautiful and an unbelievably amazing job with the pollen. I love what you are doing Justin & hope to eventually start doing similar. Truly appreciate you doing an amazing job with this, the CBG looks like something I love to try as well one day.
Thank you very much. I love trying new things, and CBG is like an unexplored Island just waiting to be put on the map. I did pollinate the CBG as well, but unsure if it actually took. It’s obvious on the WC where there are seeds growing, but the CBG is much more leafy and has lots of color and strange looking buds to begin with. She’s nearly dry in the fridge, we will know soon enough!
I suppose I was also unknowingly doing an experiment for myself about whether seeds will be viable after fridge drying lol The wedding cake is going to hang just in case.
Nice harvests, J!

Where is that from?
Thanks DD.
It’s from some website I can’t remember that had a good way of summing it up for the layman like myself.
I went on a long search for good info about CBG, and found it to be a bit elusive. Figured the best way (besides buying some) would be to just grow some myself. I only have one seed left from Cannabiogen, so this literally is one of my only chances to check out CBG auto.
Well done, JG! :thumb: I have faith you will get plenty of fire & seed from her!!
Thank Ya DAB, letting those trichomes go an extra 2 weeks was making my mouth water… glad I could finally chop. It will be worth the wait. Anyone who wants to grow WC, this (Barney’s Farm) is the real deal. As are all their beans.

57714FED-1E26-4661-B6CC-7156F574AE3A.jpeg
This was the CBG, which apparently I forgot to post pics of, after chopping. :laughtwo:

445 g wet and I’ll say semi-trimmed because this stuff is pretty leafy
EF864C10-41C0-40B9-BE04-C1229F00B7D2.jpeg
like I said, no visible seeds, but they may just be buried in the leafy structure.
Smells like cat piss, which I always welcome as long as it’s weed and not cats causing the smell.

Sure is sticky for having 0 THC

found it to be a bit elusive.
That’s why it’s good to know where source material originates. Who wrote it and who paid them to and why.
It’s from some website I can’t remember
Well. It does say journalist under your name now you are staff. Please lead by example? You can help to lift our collective game I’m sure.
Providing citations is a basic professional courtesy.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom