Strain test results

Okay so I found a few places but only one of them stuck out to me it looked very professional and legit also didn't seem like a pain in the ass to deal with. Its called Pharmlabs idk if anyone has heard of them or used them but seemed like the best choice in my area they have a ton of good reviews. Plus I felt that I could understand the way they work and are pretty straightforward about everything. They have a bunch of different things that they can and will test for so if ur in the southern California region I think they are worth checking out. All prices are rough and rounded just so u can have an idea.

1. Potency they have a standard test and a premium test. Standard $40. / Premium $75.
2. Microbiological test for molds fungus and bacteria. Microbio. Test. $50.
3. Residual solvents for butane and all others too many to name. Residual solve. Test. $70
4. Terpenes test. Terp test. $100.
5. Early leaf cannabinoid Ratio detection testing. Pricing wasn't available on website sorry guys.
6. Harvest optimization testing. For peak harvest time with highest cbd/ THC percentages. Pricing wasn't available on website.
7.full service testing which is 1-4 all together with the premium test for potency. Kind of expensive IMO but its $295
Then there are also these options too.
High resolution photos. $10
Rush order. $25
The also offer the option of them coming and picking up your material you want tested. $20
And they offer one hour consultations on growing, concentrates, formulations and many other subjects. $60

So I feel they know what they are doing I like the way ur lab does there testing better dutty but I'm too far from that and I have other options that I'm going to research they just kind of stuck out to me there standard test is done with gas chromatography and the premium says its done with high pressure liquid chromatography not to sure of the difference yet but I am researching lol does this place sound legit dutty or should I keep looking.

Holy crap Joe I don't know. I pay 60, 70 without dispensaries and get
Full terpene profile
Thc
Cbd
Cbg
Moisture analysis
Foreign material analysis

I'd look at steep hill there down there and I know there super legit

Ya that's what I thought that's why I said ur place is way better its crazy that you have to pay for all the separate test but I think its cuz anyone can go there and get your stuff tested and I guess you buy test credits and buy 10 get 1 free the more u buy the more tests u get free and you can use them whenever they don't expire but imma check out steephill.

Ya steep hill is up in Oakland like 8-9 hours away from me. Wish they were closer they look like a great place I'm hoping they open one in like LA or something cuz an hour and a half is OK but Oakland way to far but I see why u recommended them very professional place. I'm going to keep searching though I still got a Lil while so I'm sure I will find the right place.

Joe, can't you take it to a dispensary that uses your lab of choice? I am pretty sure all of the dispensaries here in Michigan offer personal testing for a reasonable fee. Mine was $35 and the use the gas chromatography method. Those prices you listed seem way outta line to me. The highest I've heard of here is $60

I haven't checked that out Ill prolly stop by and ask the shop I go too later today I know they get they're stuff tested I think they only test there topshelf and private reserve. Plus I'm a vendor for them I've only donated my own medicine I personally grew once but it has mostly been the meds my buddy brings down from mendocino lots of outdoor but I don't think they ever tested any of it so when I do harvest I'm sure they will work something out with me like that especially if I'm willing to pay for the test that saves them money.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-27_at_5_35_33_PM.png

So here is the final test results.

Does Iron Labs send you any documentation like the lab is sending the cards to dp? Having that to go along with your sellable product seems like a real marketing advantage. If you were shopping for new buyers, or trying to get the top price for your product, having that documentation of the test would be helpful, I'm thinking..

Dp, do you think this could be used as a way to nail down a harvest day for the strains you grow familiar with? Take a cutting from day 55, 60, 65 etc or week 7, 8, & 9 depending on grow cycle or something similar (I'm sure you get the gist) and have them all tested to watch the changes in the chemical levels, or lack there of?

Does Iron Labs send you any documentation like the lab is sending the cards to dp? Having that to go along with your sellable product seems like a real marketing advantage. If you were shopping for new buyers, or trying to get the top price for your product, having that documentation of the test would be helpful, I'm thinking..

The dispensary will email you the report you see above or you can pick it up from where you had it tested. I won't have enough to test to join Iron Labs as a member so I use the dispensary. There is more in the final results but that is the jist of it. They also give you a write up about their observations of the bud and trichomes. Mine basically said that I more clear than milky but about 20% amber and that trichome production was moderately abundant.

Thank you for the extra details neikodog! I also live in Michigan and Iron Labs isn't that far from my other house in Keego Harbor. I might consider doing some of this testing myself, especially on the couple plants I created while breeding. I have a mold intolerance, something similar to an allergy, and over the years have just come to the conclusion of only smoking my own buds. I feel like many of us do, for like mind of thinking. If I saw a breakdown and test of the buds in a dispensary to back up they are mold free, I would be more inclined to purchase that product. It would be nice to smoke outside my available genetics. How I run it now, if I want to try a new strain I simply buy a seed and grow it. I no longer accept outside clones.

Something funny about the industry since dispensaries have shown up in Michigan... In the early stages of moving product my closest friends and I shared the lower prices while the younger or newbie buyers always come through with the highest prices and frequent sales. The idea of buying a gram a day instead of a qtr at a time for instance. Now I get the best numbers from my closest friends. We all know what it is and play by the same set of rules. I find now when I decide to open up a slot or shop a new buyer they are always some young cat just on the scene with an idea of business more like a hunter and prey rather then a symbiotic relationship between source and sales. I am rambling.. just saw you were a fellow michigander ;) I am sure the ripple effect from dispensaries opening has shored your beach as well. Some of them are lacking in selection and quality which came to me as a surprise as I walk into every one expecting a boutique with something above par.

I think we have every right to expect that Julz. We know from our own growing experience that the quality and variety would be easy enough to accommodate. The same thing with curing. How can you even think of selling this medical product without giving it the cure it deserves? The patients deserve the best we can offer. Unfortunately, the call of easy money seems to be pushing much of those expectations to the side.

Maybe the best we can hope for is the freedom to grow openly and trade with other trusted growers to explore different strains, the way we trade Christmas cookies. My hope is to see the increase in cooperatives. Quality, variety and greatly reduced cost - a prescription for wider access for people who need the meds but will never be able to handle the prices being charged on the open market. Someday.

Thank you for the extra details neikodog! I also live in Michigan and Iron Labs isn't that far from my other house in Keego Harbor. I might consider doing some of this testing myself, especially on the couple plants I created while breeding. I have a mold intolerance, something similar to an allergy, and over the years have just come to the conclusion of only smoking my own buds. I feel like many of us do, for like mind of thinking. If I saw a breakdown and test of the buds in a dispensary to back up they are mold free, I would be more inclined to purchase that product. It would be nice to smoke outside my available genetics. How I run it now, if I want to try a new strain I simply buy a seed and grow it. I no longer accept outside clones.

Something funny about the industry since dispensaries have shown up in Michigan... In the early stages of moving product my closest friends and I shared the lower prices while the younger or newbie buyers always come through with the highest prices and frequent sales. The idea of buying a gram a day instead of a qtr at a time for instance. Now I get the best numbers from my closest friends. We all know what it is and play by the same set of rules. I find now when I decide to open up a slot or shop a new buyer they are always some young cat just on the scene with an idea of business more like a hunter and prey rather then a symbiotic relationship between source and sales. I am rambling.. just saw you were a fellow michigander ;) I am sure the ripple effect from dispensaries opening has shored your beach as well. Some of them are lacking in selection and quality which came to me as a surprise as I walk into every one expecting a boutique with something above par.

Hello Julz, nice to have another Michigander here. I would highly recommend getting your stuff tested if you have sensitivities, plus it will give you a good baseline on how your grow went. I hope I never have to buy from a dispensary again. The amounts they charge and with suspect quality it just isn't worth it. If you actually search iron labs website, you can see if your dispensary actually tests and how often. It is surprising the amount of low quality product they will accept. Hopefully you start testing and posting here. It is a valuable resource for all that want to participate here and for me it is like the final step in closing out my grow. :welcome::peacetwo:

Sue, I agree that more collaboration needs to done. Not every plant is going to grow to its potential in every growers environment. People should learn to pick the few that like you and your methods, the atmosphere and style. Stay to the genetics that grow well and perform and not have to mish mash so much into one grow room to also then try for uniformity and quality but quantity and variety in each grow environment. I have come to start saying, the money drags 'em in, and the work roughs 'em up. Too many people are growing for the first time expecting to make it big. "Oh, its just a plant, throw the seed out your window and do nothing, it'll grow." Say that to a tomato farmer, or a corn farmer. This a CONSUMABLE product we are 'farming.' People need to realize, they won't buy a bruised banana or tomato but then that same CONSUMER will try and sell you some bunk buds? Perspective.

Ndog, I am with you. I can't be bothered to go there any more either. Everyone tells me about this new one or that one with good wax this one has nice bongs... bla-ditty-blah I have smoked the worst weed out of a dispensary. Tastes like grass, literally, like I'm chewing some Louie-blue straight from the dirt patch. Some gave me headaches instead of highs. It is utterly unacceptable what people will sell from a dispensary. It only proves the retail front only cares about markup. This has always been true, and it will stay true here in this market, as well. I will be all over Ilabs website and check that out, thank you for the tip. I don't know if it will prompt any trips to a dispensary but maybe I will find something worth investigating.. if I make a move I will post here.

Back
Top Bottom