Strawberry Blue - Lemon Kush - Mars Hydro Reflector 96x3 - Small Tent

Do you premix the nutrients in the bigger bucket or always mix them in the one gallon jug day of feeding?

with the general organics line you have to mix them and use right away. that stuff can starting rotting or whatever pretty quick! always mix in the one gallon and use it right after.

now, if you get yourself a bubbler you can take a 5gal bucket, fill it with water, let it bubble over night and then add a cup or two of worm castings and a tablespoon of organic molasses. Let that bubble overnight also, then water with it! great, easy organic nutrient that adds ton of life to your soil.

with the general organics line you have to mix them and use right away. that stuff can starting rotting or whatever pretty quick! always mix in the one gallon and use it right after.

now, if you get yourself a bubbler you can take a 5gal bucket, fill it with water, let it bubble over night and then add a cup or two of worm castings and a tablespoon of organic molasses. Let that bubble overnight also, then water with it! great, easy organic nutrient that adds ton of life to your soil.

yes I have heard of this kind of compost tea and hear you can feed with just those tea's with true organics. Is there a thread you can point too that will let me know what type of compost/manure is bslest to use at what point in the plant stage?

I've also found alot of recepies for soils but rarely do I see why you use certain things for the soil so any thread that breaks down why I should add certain things not just a recipe of something to try would be amazing if you have one

In The Lab

and doc bud's high brix Q and A thread. You should check out that page, check out his grows and other people's grows using the high brix kit. I've got my kit already and I'm currently cooking my soil for it. Everyone has GREAT results and it's super easy.

as for compost teas. that recipe I gave you will work. I don't know too much about all the different teas, but there are a lot. you can top dress your soil with good quality worm castings also.

I will def look into the suggestion ! This was my first grow I was so anxious to start I just found what people say is good to use right out the bag which is FFOF , haven't had any major issues but I'm open to other methods . My second grow should be started soon and I want to try something different especially soil wise .
Right now I'm just using FFOF right out the bag , once a week I mix in some dynaGro Bloom , and every watering I used bontanicare cal/mag , I mix it per gallon .

I will def look into the suggestion ! This was my first grow I was so anxious to start I just found what people say is good to use right out the bag which is FFOF , haven't had any major issues but I'm open to other methods . My second grow should be started soon and I want to try something different especially soil wise .
Right now I'm just using FFOF right out the bag , once a week I mix in some dynaGro Bloom , and every watering I used bontanicare cal/mag , I mix it per gallon .

FFOF is fine although I have found it to be a little hot, especially for clones and seedlings. I mix it 1 Part FFOF, 1 Part Promix BX and 1 Part perlite. This is easy, works well for me and is more cost effective then straight FFOF. I also use Cal/Mag and Fox Farms Trio of nutes. Lastly, I spray once per week with Snow Storm Ultra. I usually don't start feeding for a month or so. :peace:

I've always added perlite to my FFOF and haven't had any problems throughout my grow, although I use the paper towel tech for germination then place in a jiffy pellet until roots show. After adjusting ratios ive settled on a 5 part FFOF 1 part grade 3 perlite, if i add more i seem to have problems with the soil structure but ive heard of ppl using 4:1 but im sure youll have to water more often. And i also dont have to feed for a 1 month sometimes a little more depending on stain and i use general organics that i start at 1/4 strength and move to full strength within 3 weeks usually, also can depend on strain.

And im going to have to try that high brix soil it sounds like some solid research and experimentaition

FFOF is fine although I have found it to be a little hot, especially for clones and seedlings. I mix it 1 Part FFOF, 1 Part Promix BX and 1 Part perlite. This is easy, works well for me and is more cost effective then straight FFOF. I also use Cal/Mag and Fox Farms Trio of nutes. Lastly, I spray once per week with Snow Storm Ultra. I usually don't start feeding for a month or so. :peace:

I wanted to mix with the ProMix but the homedepot and lowes around me didn't have it at the time I started :( I'll def looking into mixing my FFOF next grow I also plan to use the ff nute trio as well !
I appreciate your input and the advice !

I've always added perlite to my FFOF and haven't had any problems throughout my grow, although I use the paper towel tech for germination then place in a jiffy pellet until roots show. After adjusting ratios ive settled on a 5 part FFOF 1 part grade 3 perlite, if i add more i seem to have problems with the soil structure but ive heard of ppl using 4:1 but im sure youll have to water more often. And i also dont have to feed for a 1 month sometimes a little more depending on stain and i use general organics that i start at 1/4 strength and move to full strength within 3 weeks usually, also can depend on strain.

And im going to have to try that high brix soil it sounds like some solid research and experimentaition

Thanks !! I'm def going to looking into a diff soul for my next grow , right after I planted in the FFOF only I started reading how some people have issues and some have no problems with it . Time to research lol

Roots organics original soil. Good to go out the bag. You won't have ph issues stemming from the soil and there is way more perlite than fox farms..... I don't give my girls anything but water for the first month of veg and they are so dam happy! Roots organics at 22$ a bag vs Promix at like 40-50$ a bag... No thanks...just my opinion!:thumb:

Roots organics original soil. Good to go out the bag. You won't have ph issues stemming from the soil and there is way more perlite than fox farms..... I don't give my girls anything but water for the first month of veg and they are so dam happy! Roots organics at 22$ a bag vs Promix at like 40-50$ a bag... No thanks...just my opinion!:thumb:

Yeah, but my $50 something bale of Promix is about 60lbs. I am on my third bag of FFOF and only about 1/2 through my ProMix. :peace:

Promix is a good deal and you alot of ppl reuse as its soiless but you save a but on nutrients as you only have to give water for the first month or month and a half as well as PH is much less important when you so with a regular soil mixture compared to compared soiless or hydro mix.

Im doing my first coco+perlite mix and ive used way more than triple the amount of nutrients as my first few grows that I did in FFOF so where you may save some money on the upfront cost you spend much more on nutrients and you have to spend more of your free time PHing, feeding and just looking and studying how your plant react as that are much faster react to what you put in

I've heard many times coco is not a good growing medium. Works well with salt fertilizers to a certain point but that's about it. FFOF is not bad, neither is roots organics. Right now I have a mix of both of those, it's working well for me with the general organic nutrients. I ordered a high brix kit, though. Seems like the logical choice. It's easy, it's really organic and it grows crops to the highest potential!

Im having some pretty good results with my coco perlite grow with the general organics go box, I know its not true organics but it is defiantly looking pretty good.

Just a random question, I usually start giving nutrients to my plants in FFoF a little less than a month after I place it in its final pot. Do you guys start adding nutes earlier then this are about the same?

cool thanks always good to get others opinions or experiences
and here is my lady in coco+perlite, kinda lanky but filling out my scrog nicely
DSCN03276.JPG
DSCN03267.JPG

I water in FFoF when the pot gets light, you will learn how much you pots weigh dry and full. But if you stick your finger a good 1/2 inch into the pot you want to make sure its completely dry.

And 3 days for a 2 gallon pot sounds right but you dont want to get into a routine like that as the plants will sometimes demand more water then others and you dont want to over or under wate:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom