420 Member
What Strain is it? Seedsman Northern Lights Auto
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 25 days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor 2x2x4
Soil or Hydro? 70/30 COCO
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 2.5 Gallon fabric
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? x2 V300 Viraspectra LED (230watts actual total)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 70f-80f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 30%-50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.0ph
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering x2 a day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH Floratrio + Calmag, Koolbloom

H2o2- 2.0
Calmag - 2.5
Micro - 2.5.
Grow- 0
Bloom - 4.0
Koolbloom - 1.0

Watering until about 10% runoff
*ml/gallon

Not sure whats going on here, I grew another NLA from seedsman out naturally, no aggressive training and it was a picky SOB, well to my noob standards at least. But it was able to finish out fine, with ~200g dry yeild.

But this time around I wanted to try something different while the main plant (Exotic Seeds Quickmass) gets setup into a SCOG.

I added a larger fan to the tent it is in, albeit a little large for the 2x2x4 its in

I believe it would respond well if I was able to raise the LEDs up more, but Im at the very top of the tent

Any additional suggestions to combat the stress/deficiency

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 240

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 209
This was the first seed that finished out under a 400 watt HPS, it had a similar deficiency, which seemed like a calmag issue from PH swing? It still finished out awesome, this has been my first Autoflower and it has certainly been a tough one!

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    745.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    685.5 KB · Views: 195
Kind of looks like it could be a Cal/Mag issue.
Thinking you may not be watering enough also, I would increase you watering intervals, not sure how much you are watering but do not let the pots dry out at all, you cannot overwater coco/perlite, I believe you are using perlite. I water three times in a 12 hr light cycle .
But start by upping your Cal/Mag.
My RO water is around 70 ppm and I add enough Cal/Mag to get it to around 120 to 150 ppm prior to adding anything.
I then GH CaliMagic at a rate of 2 ml/gallon and Epsom at 0.5 grams/gallon. then I add my base nutes and additives, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Boost and so forth.
I make up 21 gallon at a time and allow that to sit for a few days prior to adding it to my rez.

Your watering 2x a day?

How much water, what % of nute strength

How far away is the light
Sorry I added the chart from my notes but it must not have formatted with the forum, the lights are anywhere from 12-18" away, unfortunately they cant go any higher, unless someone knows a good method to cut and lengthen a grow tent, which I'm open to.

Kind of looks like it could be a Cal/Mag issue.
Thinking you may not be watering enough also, I would increase you watering intervals, not sure how much you are watering but do not let the pots dry out at all, you cannot overwater coco/perlite, I believe you are using perlite. I water three times in a 12 hr light cycle .
But start by upping your Cal/Mag.
My RO water is around 70 ppm and I add enough Cal/Mag to get it to around 120 to 150 ppm prior to adding anything.
I then GH CaliMagic at a rate of 2 ml/gallon and Epsom at 0.5 grams/gallon. then I add my base nutes and additives, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Boost and so forth.
I make up 21 gallon at a time and allow that to sit for a few days prior to adding it to my rez.
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it, in hindsight, I should have potted it in a 5 gallon, but then again it would have cut away even more headroom haha. My water source has been a cheap natural spring with supplied TDS chart, 25 cents a gallon and anywhere from ~12 - 25ppm which exceeds there official readouts

Attachments

• Screenshot_29.jpg
    Screenshot_29.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 145
Your watering 2x a day?

How far away is the light

I'll try again

Your watering 2x a day?

I'll try again

Your watering 2x a day?

H2o2- 2.0
Calmag - 2.5
Micro - 2.5
Grow- 0
Bloom - 4.0
Koolbloom - 1.0

Watering until about 10% runoff
*ml/gallon

I added this to the op, I believe at these numbers its about 25-35% strength compared to bottle suggestions, don't quote me though

I had a similar issue that turned out to just be that I wasn't watering enough and the coco was getting a bit dry, someone suggested I increase my water and the problem went away. I tested my runoff while I was having problems (just out of curiosity) and the pH and ppm were both super high. I flushed 60l plain pHd water per plant then watered more and it went away. I ended up settling on 1 litre per plant, 3x daily, sounds like a lot but I've had zero issues since and my girls are monsters.

I'm no expert, that's just my experience from my current grow. Hope it helps!

EDIT: I also found this GH feed chart made for DTW systems, it seems to be approximately 25% of the bottle label strength and I've been following it to the letter without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom