Superlemon Haze - Drip Irrigation - HID - 2011

nice work on fixing the problem.

imo it looks a crowded in there and I think your bud size will suffer because of all the undergrowth.

Do you trim up in there?

yeah, most of the lower foot of all the plants were trimmed awhile ago. all the weak growth was cut off. Now the mother is gone and the lower branches are recieving light. so that kinda sucks. lol oh well, can't win 'em all.

when i harvest i do it in 3 stages though. once my top buds reach maturity and the cylaxes (probably not spelled right) swell completely, i cut off all the mature buds. (usually the top foot and a bit of the plants) and i start to cure them. then i lower the lights and let the next level of buds reach maturity (usually 3-5 days) and then cut another foot or so off them. and then lower the light to light up the immature buds on the lowest part of the plants for a few days, then harvest the remainder of the plants.

this lets me get a harvest that is ALL mature, swollen buds. none of these pale, 75% ready, lower buds

when i harvest i do it in 3 stages though. once my top buds reach maturity and the cylaxes (probably not spelled right) swell completely, i cut off all the mature buds. (usually the top foot and a bit of the plants) and i start to cure them. then i lower the lights and let the next level of buds reach maturity (usually 3-5 days) and then cut another foot or so off them. and then lower the light to light up the immature buds on the lowest part of the plants for a few days, then harvest the remainder of the plants.

this lets me get a harvest that is ALL mature, swollen buds. none of these pale, 75% ready, lower buds

i don't understand the "swell completely"... i go by this,, What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

yeah i don't have a good microscope, so i can't check for amber color in the trichs, but the sopts where the 2 first hairs come out when your plants start to flower, when that spot gets huge, i mean huge, and the plants are covered in crystals with heads on them, thats when i harvest that section.

clearer?

the best thing i got for looking at color of trichs is a rifle scope. it works pretty well though. hard to focus

lol
Flower week 5 photo updates a bit early but i was bored. it's like week 4.8 to be more accurate.
Flower_Week_5_1_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_2_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_3_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_5_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_4_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_6_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_7_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_8_.jpg
Flower_Week_5_9_.jpg

yeah i don't have a good microscope, so i can't check for amber color in the trichs, but the sopts where the 2 first hairs come out when your plants start to flower, when that spot gets huge, i mean huge, and the plants are covered in crystals with heads on them, thats when i harvest that section.

clearer?

the best thing i got for looking at color of trichs is a rifle scope. it works pretty well though. hard to focus

Hey Buddy! Go to radio shack for a nice lighted microscope....only 20 bucks! :cool:

Yeah I've got to get one one of these days. Hey OMM, you've grown a few strains, I need a next strain to grow, so I can alternate strains, and grow a mother, then move onto another stain... etc... but I don't know what i should grow next. I think i have to stay with something SLH's height or smaller, Any suggestions? I was thinking classic White Widow, Or Skunk #1, maybe AK-47... what do you think?

Here's Some Pic Updates Of the New Flower Room being built. I'm behind schedule with having all the components I need to set up the flower room, so I made do, by moving one of the Metal Halide lights and the SLH mothers from my veg room into the clone room, and adding ventilation to that little closet.
then i moved the other MH light all the way up to the ceiling, and setup one of my HPS aircooled shades with a hortilux bulb in the VEG room temporarily. Spread the 10 plants out across all the holes and let her buck.

Also built the wall for the second flower room. I'm ordering the pvc for the second table in a few days, and i still have to build another table. ... Need to buy another 600W HPS ballast and bulb, another aircooled shade, 2 130fans, and an 8" inline fan. as well as various plumbing apparatus.

Pics....

Here's the outside view Of Flower Room #2
New_Flower_Room_2_.jpg
New_Flower_Room_1_.jpg
New_Flower_Room_4_.jpg
New_Flower_Room_3_.jpg

The Old Clone Room, Now the mother and clone room. The pic of the clones didn't save in my camera, they're up above what you see in the first pic, on a shelve at head level, it's still a propagator with 2 florescent bars on it
Mother_Clone_Room_1_.jpg
Mother_Clone_Room_2_.jpg

The quick-rigged ventilation for the MH that is now in the closet.
The fan used to be an extra air into my flower room, but it creates positive pressure right now cause i haven't upgraded my Exhaust fan to an 8" yet.
so i flipped it around and ran a 4" pipe on it's intake side, to the top of the closet, where the hot air rises to.
Mother_Clone_Room_Ventilation_1_.jpg

now here's the good part. lol i can't have light escaping from this closet, so close to my flower room, so i needed to make an intake air vent that didn't let light out. so i decided to use my wall to serve the purpose.

I busted a hole in the bottom of the clone room wall, like this
Mother_Clone_Room_Ventilation_3_.jpg

And then on the outside, i broke a hole on the top of the wall, in between the same 2x4 gap. using the framing of the wall section as a vent pipe.
Mother_Clone_Room_Ventilation_2_.jpg

you should feel the airflow on the outside too, it sucks hard. it's awesome, no light leak at all.... lol cheap shit

And here's some pics of the VEG room, quickly converted into a flower room, allowing me a few weeks to get my shit together and still be on my "5 week harvest" timeframe.
Temporary_Flower_2_Room_3_.jpg
Temporary_Flower_2_Room_1_.jpg
Temporary_Flower_2_Room_2_.jpg

Photo Update, for all 1 of my followers. lol

I topped and pruned all of the plants in the small flower room, This will not only be the last time they get pruned, but also the last time i take pics of them. I'm gonna follow the main flower room with pics to harvest. but as the it is prepetual, it seems like a waste to show pics of work that has already been documented. Also, It's mixing my photo gallery up.
Next_Flower_Week_1_1_.jpg
Next_Flower_Week_1_2_.jpg
Next_Flower_Week_1_3_.jpg
Next_Flower_Week_1_4_.jpg

And the fresh clone batch. About 2 weeks behind schedual. (lazy)
Next_Clones_2_.jpg
Next_Clones_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom