Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

Re: 5' x 7' x 13' room 12 gods gift,hydro,400wmh,600whps

Hey surfin, glad to catch this thread. I'm growin the same strain but I've had issues with root root. I started with 8 and now I'm down to 4. They are recovering right now and I'll probably putting them in flower this week. I'm using gh 3 part, superthrive, great white, root excel, calmag, and liquid karma. I topped them on the third week and they came out more stacked and less length in their stems. Your set up looks nice and clean. Good luck. I'll keep visiting to compare. Oh yeah I went with DWC. This is also my first grow.

Welcome to the grow Stoner! Sorry to hear about some of the girls not making it. Do you know what caused the root rot? Do you have any pics or a journal? Thanks for the props good luck with your grow as well I would love to see some pics if you have any.
:roorrip:

Grow update!!!!!
So this week has been crazy busy with the room and the girls. Since I switched to the 600hps that seemed to be just enough extra wattage then the 400 to start tripping the breaker that it was on. So I rewired the room and now instead of 1 power line feeding the room I have added another to split the load on 2 different circuits now, plus the new lights should be here on Friday so it will help out greatly being on different circuits. I also got my first electric bill since I started the room up and dam it went up!!! From normal 70 a month to 133 and that's not even a full month with everything on!!!

It's the 9th day of flower and the ladies seem to look a little better and they are all showing new healthy growth (knock on some wood everybody!!!!) They are all between 15 to 17 inches tall; however I think there is something wrong with one of the plants. Some of the leaves feel kind of dry and almost crunchy but the leaves are green, can anyone help with this?
Stay tuned for the switch from the 600hps to qty 2 of advanced LED 360 watt lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC043551.JPG

DSC04354.JPG

DSC04356.JPG

DSC04357.JPG

DSC04359.JPG

DSC04358.JPG

DSC04360.JPG

DSC04362.JPG

DSC04361.JPG

DSC04363.JPG

DSC04364.JPG

DSC04365.JPG

DSC04366.JPG

DSC04367.JPG

DSC04368.JPG

DSC04369.JPG

DSC04370.JPG

I just caught up. You've got a very nice grow going on so far! Very nice! :yummy:

Can't wait to see how they finish

all caught up surfin..very nice

you thinking about throwing a net over the grow area to give those branches some support?

Thanks, yep I sure am but I'm switching to LED on Friday and I will be changing the formation of the plants, so I am waiting for that. Welcome to the grow!!!!!!!!!

I just caught up. You've got a very nice grow going on so far! Very nice! :yummy:

Can't wait to see how they finish

Thanks!!! Welcome to the grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:morenutes:

Re: 5' x 7' x 13' Room - 12 God's Gift - Hydro - 400W MH - 600W HPS

Here are some shots of the girls at 13 days flower. I'm still getting used to trying to color correct the pics with the LEDS. With the LED's 4 feet on center from each other the core foot print I was told is now is 4 feet by 8 feet. I changed the formation of the plants to give them more space, the growing foot print is now about 3 feet by 5.5 feet, so they should get plenty of light. I will be putting up the net shortly.
DSC04380.JPG

DSC04385.JPG

DSC04388.JPG

DSC04387.JPG

DSC04389.JPG

DSC04395.JPG

DSC04396.JPG

DSC04398.JPG

DSC04405.JPG

:roorrip:

Re: 5’ x 7’ x 13’ Room - 12 God's Gift - Hydro - 400W MH - 600W HPS

Those LED's look awesome. I can't wait to see how they perform! I've wanted to try LED's but I'm too chicken to spend the $$ on them when I've heard so many mixed results from them. I'll be watching closely. No pressure or anything, but your results may help me make up my mind.

Also, how warm do they run? Are they considerably cooler than the HID's?

Those LED's look awesome. I can't wait to see how they perform! I've wanted to try LED's but I'm too chicken to spend the $$ on them when I've heard so many mixed results from them. I'll be watching closely. No pressure or anything, but your results may help me make up my mind.

Also, how warm do they run? Are they considerably cooler than the HID's?

Thanks Conquering, They are pricey but I think it will be worth it in the long run. I am already saving electricity in several different ways, these lights put out a very minimal amount of heat so my air conditioner is only on for ½ the time now. Another way I am saving electricity with these lights is that now my 6" and 4" inline fans do not have to be on for the whole day to cool the light! I hope that my results do inspire you to go LED there are several LED grows on this forum that convinced me to go out and get these lights.

Wow, what a nice surprise at the end! I was just reading your thread becasue it was just very well documented. As i got to the end I saw your using led's now, always looking to watch a good led grow.

Actually soon 420 Magazine is going to start a 420 Grow Report, done for us, just like this setup but with our units. This will be a good comparison, can't wait to see the outcome, thank you for taking the time to update us all!!

Surfin.
It took me a while to get used to the lights, but now I don't notice the color shift so much when I look at the lights (not sure if that's a good or bad thing). I am sure you will love the results of the new lights.

I'll be starting my new journal this week, just need to put everything together first.

Wow, what a nice surprise at the end! I was just reading your thread becasue it was just very well documented. As i got to the end I saw your using led's now, always looking to watch a good led grow.

Actually soon 420 Magazine is going to start a 420 Grow Report for us, just like this setup but with our units. This will be a good comparison, can't wait to see the outcome, thank you for taking the time to update us all!!

Welcome to the grow GrowGsl!
Thanks for the props on my first journal, Yep I made the switch I have seen some impressive grows on this site using just LED’s I wish I had them in for the veg stage. Has anyone on this site ever started a grow journal with one of your LED’s? Keep stopping by to see new updates !!!!!!!!!!!

Surfin.
It took me a while to get used to the lights, but now I don't notice the color shift so much when I look at the lights (not sure if that's a good or bad thing). I am sure you will love the results of the new lights.

I'll be starting my new journal this week, just need to put everything together first.

Hey Steve,
You were not kidding about those lights being bright! So far the girls are loving the new lights! What do you think of the new formation of the plants? Please keep me posted on your new grow!!!!!!!!!!

420 is organizing a Journal grow with our lights featuring 2 GS-600 Pro-Blooms and a 4x8 hydro setup. Should be pretty cool, it will we in the "420 Grow reports" section!

I will stop back, good show!

Here are the girls at 16 days into their flower stage with the LED's on.

DSC044362.JPG

DSC044372.JPG

DSC04442.JPG

DSC044402.JPG

DSC04443.JPG

Here are the girls at 16 days into their flower stage with the LED's turned off and a string of 4 CFL 75w that I made so I could see the girls under normal light if I needed and also for pictures!!!!

DSC04449.JPG

DSC04451.JPG

DSC04452.JPG

DSC04453.JPG

DSC04458.JPG

DSC04461.JPG

I like the idea of a mover on the LEDs. I had one on my 1st grow until I had another LED to make up the coverage. You don't really need to move them to much, just a few inches to spread out the spectrum a bit.

The girls are looking very nice, and another great job on fabricating and carpentry.

Back
Top Bottom