Nine Leafer's Hydro Jack Herer/Pineapple Romulan/God's Gift Grow Journal - 2010

4 would be cool..

not going to lie i am lazy right now and was wondering how long did ur Jacks take to flower? what was your whole feeding in bloom? GH was in the mix right? which stuff though?

All my plants flowered for 70 days exactly and 21 days of veg so a total of 91 days from small clone to harvest. I used the 3-part Flora series and their Diamond Black and their Sub-Culture-M. I used the Liquid Kool Bloom and their dry Kool Bloom products during the flowering stage. I always used under the recommended dosage, until I hit 2 weeks of flower then I went full dosage. I followed the direction on the back of each bottle to the 'T'. I didn't even take in account for the CRF's I have in my coco. I just followed the dosing directions for each product, being certain to never go over. I have a pdf file of GH's feeding schedule that I followed, except for a few of the additives. They have a Expert Feeding Chart and a Novice Feeding Chart for feeding schedules, I used half and half sort of. I didn't use everything from the expert schedule and I used a few more things then just the Novice feeding schedule. Their schedules are very very very good. If you follow their schedules, you can not over feed or burn your plants for the most part. I really think GH is one of the best nute brands out there right now.

During Veg (since I had CRF's):
2.5ml Flora Grow
2.5ml Flora Micro

2 weeks into flower until harvest(Every watering/Per gallon):
10ml of CaMg+
10ml of Flora Micro
15ml of Flora Bloom
10ml Liquid Kool Bloom (Changed to 1/4tsp of dry Kool Bloom starting week 7)
10ml Diamond Black

I didn't even have "pure" water days, I always hit them with nutes every watering which was about every 3 days.

All my plants flowered for 70 days exactly and 21 days of veg so a total of 91 days from small clone to harvest. I used the 3-part Flora series and their Diamond Black and their Sub-Culture-M. I used the Liquid Kool Bloom and their dry Kool Bloom products during the flowering stage. I always used under the recommended dosage, until I hit 2 weeks of flower then I went full dosage. I followed the direction on the back of each bottle to the 'T'. I didn't even take in account for the CRF's I have in my coco. I just followed the dosing directions for each product, being certain to never go over. I have a pdf file of GH's feeding schedule that I followed, except for a few of the additives. They have a Expert Feeding Chart and a Novice Feeding Chart for feeding schedules, I used half and half sort of. I didn't use everything from the expert schedule and I used a few more things then just the Novice feeding schedule. Their schedules are very very very good. If you follow their schedules, you can not over feed or burn your plants for the most part. I really think GH is one of the best nute brands out there right now.

During Veg (since I had CRF's):
2.5ml Flora Grow
2.5ml Flora Micro

2 weeks into flower until harvest(Every watering/Per gallon):
10ml of CaMg+
10ml of Flora Micro
15ml of Flora Bloom
10ml Liquid Kool Bloom (Changed to 1/4tsp of dry Kool Bloom starting week 7)
10ml Diamond Black

I didn't even have "pure" water days, I always hit them with nutes every watering which was about every 3 days.

i agree Gh has always treated me right. about to mess around with their organic stuff and see what happens? even thought not 100% organic, their stuff helps support micro life and dont need to PH. all just use it as a base nute and make my own additives.

i agree Gh has always treated me right. about to mess around with their organic stuff and see what happens? even thought not 100% organic, their stuff helps support micro life and dont need to PH. all just use it as a base nute and make my own additives.

That's sort of what I did in a way. I just used what made sense with all the things I had been reading and some of what the hydro guy suggested, which also made sense. The micro life is ultimately what will help with pH and other issues such as molds that might inhibit natural growth rates. I believe the Humic acid in the Diamond Black and the micro life in the Subculture-M really made a difference in my grow. Making it more user friendly, so I don't have to worry about major fluctuations in pH, salts and other growth restrictive elements. I will continue to use GH through-out my next cycle, love the stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their products and that's hard to say about almost any brand out there.

Great job NL, they all look really good. :roorrip:

You gonna make some butter with all that trim?

Thanks Marley!

I'm not sure yet if I am going to see how much hash I get out of it or just make butter. Still haven't ordered the bubble bags yet, so it might end up butter. There are plenty of coated leaves in the trim mix to get a nice chunk of hash though. We'll see, I did however get a few more clones to add to the family.

:slide:

Day 1 - New Clones

I went out today and grabbed a few new clones. I wanted to get a jump start on a few just in case these girls I am re-vegging don't end up pulling through. If they do pull through, all the better. I end up grabbing Grape Ape, Cherry Pez and Pineapple Thai. All of which have killer genetics. I'm already salivating having tasted both the Grape Ape and Cherry Pez today. Both are very great smoke. The Thai was super tall already so she got the LST bondage immediately. The Grape Ape had amazing root system, as well as the Cherry Pez. The Thai had a very weak root system but I think that will change with the Subculture-M I put in the soil. Same setup as before, hempys with perlite at the bottom and CRF's in the coco. Will be applying hydroton soon, but I want the top soil to dry from the HID light and encourage moisture wicking. It will help draw up water from the bottom for the clones. Also, I have some rearranging to do, but I want to get a tray in there before this grow gets to far, so I can use my wet/dry Vac for the run off this cycle. Anyway, here they are.

Cherry Pez
DSCF01771.JPG

DSCF01831.JPG

Grape Ape
DSCF0178.JPG

DSCF0184.JPG

Pineapple Thai
DSCF01801.JPG

DSCF01852.JPG

Group
DSCF0181.JPG

DSCF01821.JPG

you got 500g from 400w hps? or was their more light added latter on? thats 1.25gpw

I vegged with 1x400w MH and started the flowering with 2x400w HPS, switching out one HPS for a CMH about half way through flowering until harvest. You don't really get improved penetration from having two bulbs as much as you get more coverage area of that same intensity, at least the way I have it setup. So it was like each set of plants had their own 400w bulb above them. I have plenty of room for improvement though and should be able to achieve much better numbers on the second go around.

Nice job on your harvest nineleafer! :thumb: new strains sound yummy :yummy:

Thanks Hydrogrown!

I am happy with how the flowering turned out and can't wait to get a few days of a cure on these meds to get the full flavor. Only been in jars for 2 days now. :grinjoint:

I am excited to see how this Thai girl turns out. She is very interesting looking so far. She took the LST very well. I tied her down within 5 minutes of placing her in the Coco. She didn't even hesitate to pull her way back up. Within an hour she had turn her top upright again.

:thanks:

Random Update

Today I got my second 400w CMH, so it's in. I picked up some Liquid Karma and some Silica Blast. These are things I wanted to use last grow, so now I have a chance to see how these work.

Before I got the additional CMH bulb, I got a wild hair and crammed two extra 400w bulb so at that time it was 3x400w(1200w). I was checking temps and everything seemed fine, but after about 40 hours one of the three new clones I have, started showing signs of stress. So, I turn off one of the bulbs and that brought down the temps somewhat, thinking it was heat stress on the one clone. While the two other clones are feeling just fine reaching towards the 2x400w I had just added. I was amazed to see this reaction, mostly in the Thai clone. She turned away from the 400w CMH bulb which is directly above her, and started to reach back toward the 2x400w MH bulbs I had added just a few hours before. The Grape Ape loved the extra 800w, and didn't care about the extra heat, she started putting on new leaves almost hourly. Anyways, needless to say, I took out the extra 2x400w and tried to let the stressed plant repair herself. But she only got worse and is looking raggedy. However I think she may turn around, so I have left her in there and not done much of anything to aid her. I think I am seeing new growth from each node section. If she doesn't produce more leaves from these "new" areas soon, she's toast.

I went 2 days ago and got two new clones. In the event I have to fore-go this Cherry Pez due to stress, I'll have some back-ups. I grabbed a Green Crack and a Pink Lemonade. The Green Crack clone is already cracking big time, twice the nodes of the Pink Lemonade, it should be a nice plant. The Pink Lemonade, however, is very spindle-ly and only has about 5 leafs. She is tall enough to LST, so I went ahead and LST'ed her about 5 mins after potting her. I intended on a Scrog grow method this cycle with my 2x400w CMH lighting.

I will be posting some pictures of the stressed out clone(nearly toast) and the new clones soon.

Photo Update

Thai (Day 11 Veg)
DSCF02763.JPG

Grape Ape (Day 11 Veg)
DSCF02751.JPG

Green Crack (Day 2 Veg)
DSCF02723.JPG

Pink Lemonade (Day 2 Veg)
DSCF02733.JPG

Cherry Pez (Bad signs on 2/21/11)
DSCF02491.JPG

Cherry Pez (Getting so bad, who am I kidding? lol 2/23/11)
DSCF0258.JPG

Cherry Pez (Some growth? 2/25/11)
DSCF02621.JPG

Leaving the Cherry Pez in there is just sort of a test, seeing if she will indeed come back or not. If not, no biggie, out she goes to make room for the rest.

Cherry Pez Update

LOL! These plants are crazy. This girl took an awful beating from heat. I hit her once on 2.22.11 with half of a gallon of water with 5ml of Liquid Karma and 5ml of Silica Blast. Since then I have not giving her anything, not even plain water. Today, when I went to check on her, I saw the tiniest of growth occurring so I grabbed some shots. I'm very surprised and very happy to see her trying to pull through this beating. A few of the leaves fell off to the touch so you can see the few missing that I 'knocked' off. I decided to untie her LST bondage on 2/26/11 just in case it added to the stress too much.

Here she is 5 days ago (2/23/11)
DSCF0258.JPG

Cherry Pez Today! (Growth! 2/28/11)
DSCF02952.JPG

growth-_flash_.JPG

growth4.JPG

:morenutes:

Weekly Update - Week 2 (15 Days Veg)

Things are going good. The Thai is an animal. Look at all those shoots coming from her, growing with no regard. The Grape Ape is looking beautiful as well. The Cherry Pez is an absolute beast for surviving what she went through.

Pineapple Thai
DSCF0308.JPG

Grape Ape
DSCF03101.JPG

Beaten and battered Cherry Pez
DSCF03001.JPG

:Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom