Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

Great grow and great pics as always SS!

:goodluck: with the trimming. Can't wait to see all the upgrades you've been noodling lately. Sounds like it'll be a great set-up.

:woohoo: scissor hash!!!

Re: Surfinstoned’s 720Watt LED - God’s Gift - Hydro Grow

My goodness those are some sexy ladies!! Real thick colas and it looks like not much empty stem at all! Im likin it. Definitely lookin forward to the wrap up of this one and the smoke report. Great inspiring grow!

It must be dank,
to have all that stank -
For it is truly rank!
420 to thank

Sorry Propa, you make me want to rhyme things. Alas, I am not as good at it as you are. :)

Flawless victory. Finish her! CA is lucky to add another great grower to their collection. You'll be providing quality meds for those in need. From seeing your grow you make it easy. Can't wait to see your 2nd room up and running, expanding your operation. Was wondering if you'll be doing any kind of comparison grow with the new room? Or will you just replicate what you got going on here? Would love to hear more about your experience from this grow, what you learn, how you over came the challenges (if any), and what you want to do differently for future grow. Have fun harvesting. My fav part of the grow!

Dude WTF........Ok so trimming is cool....and it's not cool, Steve you were so right buddy I see a trim box in my near future for sure like in the next three months!

I would first like to say thank you all that followed and supported me through this grow. It truly makes all the time invested in posting/uploading pics/responding to post well worth the time when I get back from 2 days of nothing but washing and cleaning all the new res/pots/hydroten/trimming and I see all your post wondering about how me and the grow are doing and that makes it all worth it!

Grow update!!!!

So trimming started on Monday and after about 7 hours we (me and my guy) decided to finish the rest up the next day. So Tuesday we finished up trimming the girls and that was another 7 hours or so. I used a 24 inch diameter dry rack and the girls pretty much filled it up all the way. The dry rack will stay in the room and I have adjusted the temp for the room to be between 69-71 degrees, and RH to be at 48-51%.I will be checking the girls periodically to make sure the during goes well I don't think it should take much longer than 3-4 days then they will go to jars for curing and that's when the fun starts.
I was so happy trimming for like the first 3 hours and then I found myself looking over at the plants thinking dam we still have all that left to do still, I will be purchasing a trim box for the next grow for sure.

There were a few requests for pictures and I'm sorry I did not really take any during the trim. My camera is very nice and most of the lens cost more than the body I was worried about getting resin all over it. I will take as many pics as I can on the next run I promise will be much better than this. Here are a couple shots I took after I will get more before going into jars plus I will have a wet weight for you. That is when you weigh it for the wet weight is when you cut into buds to cure into jars?

DSC048231.JPG

DSC048241.JPG

DSC04827.JPG

DSC04828.JPG

DSC048301.JPG

DSC04831.JPG

So very excited for you. Take some pictures of the actual harvest and trimming process - nobody ever does. Do you have your drying and curing process figured out?

Sorry about the lack of pics Dutch i got you on the next run, promise!

Great grow and great pics as always SS!

:goodluck: with the trimming. Can't wait to see all the upgrades you've been noodling lately. Sounds like it'll be a great set-up.

:woohoo: scissor hash!!!

Thanks Xlr8, I always wonder what does the term "autogrow" mean?

My goodness those are some sexy ladies!! Real thick colas and it looks like not much empty stem at all! Im likin it. Definitely lookin forward to the wrap up of this one and the smoke report. Great inspiring grow!

Thanks Beans I am looking forward to seeing your ladies get to the chop!

or, how good does that smell?

Some odors are too personal to share, like from arm-pits or dank buds.
Unless you're with close friends :yummy:
TMI?

It must be dank,
to have all that stank -
For it is truly rank!
420 to thank

Sorry Propa, you make me want to rhyme things. Alas, I am not as good at it as you are. :)

LoL you guys are funny! The smell after I touch it almost has a grape smell to it.

Flawless victory. Finish her! CA is lucky to add another great grower to their collection. You'll be providing quality meds for those in need. From seeing your grow you make it easy. Can't wait to see your 2nd room up and running, expanding your operation. Was wondering if you'll be doing any kind of comparison grow with the new room? Or will you just replicate what you got going on here? Would love to hear more about your experience from this grow, what you learn, how you over came the challenges (if any), and what you want to do differently for future grow. Have fun harvesting. My fav part of the grow!

Thanks for props 12,
I am very impressed with the system and how it performed. It pretty much runs on its own once you have the flood times down, which I think I do. Very easy to break down and clean up. As far as what I learned from this grow would be these points:
1. Make sure you bury the plant deep enough in your medium so that water gets to it if you flood from the bottom.
2. Make sure you know exactly how to mix your nutes so that you don't create nute lock out.
3. Put your net in place before your girls get to big and bushy!

Now for the expansion of the room there have been some changes, instead of having two rooms I'm going to have 1 large room and have a "production run" so I can pay off the inventory. I might start doing comparisons once I move into a bigger place. So I will be adding 8 feet to the room so the final room will be 5' x 21' x 7' and I will be adding fans and new ventilation and 2 new LED lights for a total of 4 360w LED's on 2 different light movers with 2 55 gal res. As you can see there will be plenty of changes/upgrades to come in the next week or two. It will be a multi strain grow with Fire OG, Lemon Haze, and blue dream.
:yahoo:

How big is the room? I for the last couple years hadnt even worried about the smell, but now I have a son, two actually and I need to do something about the stank now so I bought a can 33, and a max can fan , I believe 300cfm, .....is this gonna work for a 5by five room?.....i plan on hanging it right above my lights , cuz the smell goes strait up to my living room...when I had 65 bitches a couple growsago you could smell it forty feet from my front door....id walk into a store and heads would start turning.....i didnt care cuz my kids were little..but now they are venturing out of the house and the wifey is addamant they DONT smell like me......any advise is appreciated

How big is the room? I for the last couple years hadnt even worried about the smell, but now I have a son, two actually and I need to do something about the stank now so I bought a can 33, and a max can fan , I believe 300cfm, .....is this gonna work for a 5by five room?.....i plan on hanging it right above my lights , cuz the smell goes strait up to my living room...when I had 65 bitches a couple growsago you could smell it forty feet from my front door....id walk into a store and heads would start turning.....i didnt care cuz my kids were little..but now they are venturing out of the house and the wifey is addamant they DONT smell like me......any advise is appreciated

This room is currently 5' wide by 13' long by 7' tall, but that will change as soon as these ladies dry! To see if 300 CFM will be enough you have to find how many cubic feet your room is. You said your room is a 5' by 5' but we also need the height of the room to figure cubic feet. then just do widthxlenghtxheight to get the cubic feet. I'm sure that 300 CFM will do just fine for your room even if you had 9' of height it will still be enough! just make sure to use a good carbon filter, they are pricey but worth every penny.

:bong:

I have like eight or nine feet of height but my lights litteraly four feet up...since the tops are the ones that are the choicest I try to keep the lights within ten inches of the canopy...i put all my effort into the tops..i guess popcorns are good too ...but yeah I grabbed a thirty pound filter, can filters the name and the max can fan with three speeds ...ran me about 312.00.....how hard are they to set up..i ordered the can filter the fan and a six inch flange , I think thats what attaches em right?

Back
Top Bottom