Sweede1's Indoor Stealth Hydro First Time Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2012

dots_568.jpg

when i see this, i assume this is when i need to give it some nutrients.

please can someone confirm this please?

also growth update

dots_569.jpg

PHOTO TAKEN 18TH MAY 2013

i would go pick up a pH test kit and some pH down and a syringe to meter out the pH down. i would suspect a pH lockout/deficiency. for soil you want to adjust your pH to 6.5

Thank you for the advice KingJohnC, I have not actually done anything regarding the PH of the soil of water, and have simply been adding some water and nutrients to the plant.

The reason being that i have limited funds and this was planned as a first experiment for me to get a grasp on how well a plant would grow with just sun light.

I will add some photos to show the update on growth progress.

Also If possible to get some advice....

I have decided this plant has reached its maximum size for being on a window sill.

Any advice would be helpful regarding cutting the top growth areas off so the plant is kept at a manageable size. i will add some marking to the photos to show where i pant to cut the stems.

HI Everyone,

Here is the most recent set of photos of the plant.

Plant_2_may_592.jpg
Plant_2_may_591.jpg

The images above show the height and growth of the plant.

Plant_2_may_593.jpg
Plant_2_may_594.jpg

The images above i have included to see if anyone can help me sex the plant?
I believe/ Am hoping this is a female.... I will upload some edited ones with pointers and stuff to show more detail.

And finally, the image below will show where i plant to give my plant it dark time.

Any advice regarding what sort of cycles to use would be help ful or links to blogs who have been using only sunlight to grow.

Plant_2_may_590.jpg

More cropped and edited images to follow.........

IMAGES TAKEN 2ND MAY 2013

Plant_2_may_596_Sexing_edit.jpg

So this is the image for sexing..... I hope this is helpful...

I remind you that is image was taken 2ny May 2013, and the plant has had nothing but a small amount of nutrients with tap water and all natural sunlight.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. This is a poor mans grow, less than £15 spent so far.

Plant_2_may_cut_and_image_place.jpg

The Image above shows where i plan to cut the plant to stop it from becoming too tall and not being able to hold its own weight.

The stage thing i want to do with my plant is make it flower.

I have read around and the thing to do seems to be to put it on a 12 light 12 dark cycle..

I hope this is correct.

in order to flower your plant you will need an area that will give the plant 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. pinholes of light can cause a plant to develop male pollen sacks so it must be completely dark. usually within 2 weeks a plant will begin to develop and show its sex.

in order to flower your plant you will need an area that will give the plant 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. pinholes of light can cause a plant to develop male pollen sacks so it must be completely dark. usually within 2 weeks a plant will begin to develop and show its sex.

Hi KingJohnC,

Thank you for the advice, and yes I will most probably be lacing the plant in the cupboard for the dark periods and putting it in sun light for the rest of the cycle.

Plant has been topped again, on both upper stems and is now begging still in the sun, more photos to follow.

Ok then so this is the latest update.

Photo on day 77 of veg growth.

Plant_5_may_598.jpg

and a Close up of the topped area....

Plant_5_may_599.jpg

I am still undecided about putting the plant into flowering stage, due to my living situation i will have to move house within the next two or three months.

I will probably keep the plant growing in veg and keep trimming it to limit growth, then possibly flower it at the new location.

Any thought would be brilliant.

Thank you to all who have helped so far this has been a valuable learning experience!

So here is another update of growth.

Image_6001.jpg

This photo was taken 14th june which is day 86 of veg. (ONLY SUNLIGHT)

The bits you can see in the soil are crushed up egg shells.

So i was told it would be good to cut the fan leaves off the plant.

Below shows an image of the stalks which i presume are connected to the fan leaves. (shown in colour)

Image_598_copy.jpg

Below is just another detail, some bad growth which sort of turned white.... picture is not brilliant but sort of shows, its just one part of new growth that has been affected.

Image_599_copy.jpg

Photos taken 14th june

i would not cut the fan leaves from your plant. fan leaves are the engines that drive plant growth through photosynthesis. defoliation usually has lower fan leaves and leaves that shade bud sites removed from the plant. your plant is not bushy enough yet to require you to remove healthy leaves.

i would not cut the fan leaves from your plant. fan leaves are the engines that drive plant growth through photosynthesis. defoliation usually has lower fan leaves and leaves that shade bud sites removed from the plant. your plant is not bushy enough yet to require you to remove healthy leaves.

Thank you KngJohnC!

As always i would be having a hard time with the plant if i did not have someone like you to give me advice.

Many thanks and i will keep the plant growing as is for now.

photos taken 3rd july

leave damage,

could any one please tell me the cause of this? it may have been due to too little water

aaaaa_2_2.JPG

it is hard to say what is at cause for the leaf damage in your photographs. if your plant wilted due too lack of watering then that may be the cause. if this is not the case then i believe it is due to over fertilization, your leaf tips are showing signs of nutrient burn.

Sweede1, hey mate. This is why got to love google:thumb:! Anyway According to Jorge Cervantes literature those leaves show"Zinc Deficiency". I am a newby at growing too but, I can recommend you to read some books on Growing, it helps on the long run, hope it helps bro. GL

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom