tylerarie

420 Member
All 8 plants are mystery seeds! I have acquired them through bags. The bud that the seeds have come from is top shelf quality. Any help in distinguishing the strain would be incredibly helpful along this journey! I am thinking that they are Indica by the way they have started growing.

The plants are 35 days are 21 days old. I started 4 seeds December 19, 2018, and planted the sprouted seeds December 22, 2018. I then decided that my grow area and light would allow for more plants, plus the fact that I’m unaware whether they’ll turn out female or not! I started germinating the second crop January 2, 2019, and planted the germinated seeds January 5, 2019.

Plant age = 35 days Crop 1, 21 Days Crop 2. Approximately 2 weeks separate the crops.

I am growing in an unfinished basement that I have converted into grow space. I used an 2 layers of emergency blankets which are very similar to mylar.

I’m growing 4 plants in 4-gallon pots that I drilled holes in myself and 4 plants in 5-gallon Rhizopots. They’re planted in Stepwell Super Soil.

I’m using a mavericksun HID Air-cooled hood running 1000w VivoSun MH bulb for flower and 1000W HPS for flower. I’m running a VivoSun 8” duct fan to cool the light and direct the heat out of the grow space using 8” duct.

The temperature of the grow space has held steadily between 75-82 while the RH was low in the beginning, around 30-35, but have added house plants, humidifier and open buckets of water to increase humidity. Since then RH has held steadily around 40-60.

Watering when the soil is dry and misting plants daily. Its advised to water with RO filtered water but I do not have an in-home RO system. I am watering with Brita filtered water at room temp.
I’m not using any nutrients in the vegetative stage as advised by local grow store expert as the soil contains all that the plants need. He recommended a nutrient similar to CalMag for the flowering stage but am open to any opinions!

I am training my plants by topping them after the 3rd or 4th node and am going to be building a SCROG using ¾” pvc in the coming weeks, photo’s to follow!

Questions I have

Is the Brita filtered water sufficient for watering needs?
Does my tent look good?

Please share your thoughts and let me know how I am doing on my first operation!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_50f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_50f.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2422.JPG
    IMG_2422.JPG
    744.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    590 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    898.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    590 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    639.3 KB · Views: 96
Are you able to really have that room 100% light proof?. Looks like a tough job. I would turn the basement lights on and then go inside the grow area and shut everything down and see if you can see any light at all leaking in if you haven't already. Looks like a really tough job to make that 100% light proof.

Are you able to really have that room 100% light proof?. Looks like a tough job. I would turn the basement lights on and then go inside the grow area and shut everything down and see if you can see any light at all leaking in

Good idea, but I'd reverse it since the OP has a 1,000-watt HPS in there, lol. Fire that puppy up, shut off all the basement lighting, and wait a few minutes for your eyes to get reasonably well adjusted (no need to sit in utter blackness for a half hour, lol, since you're not going on a night raid), and then try to detect any light at all escaping the enclosure. If a 1kW HID cannot shine through, then the average basement light certainly isn't going to get in.

BtW, speaking of the enclosure, I suggest you redo those walls in order to remove all those wrinkles - stuff like that works best if the walls are FLAT.

BtW, speaking of the enclosure, I suggest you redo those walls in order to remove all those wrinkles - stuff like that works best if the walls are FLAT.
This.
Wrinkles and bumps can create hot spots that act like a magnifying glass and can burn yo shit :D

All 8 plants are mystery seeds! I have acquired them through bags. The bud that the seeds have come from is top shelf quality. Any help in distinguishing the strain would be incredibly helpful along this journey! I am thinking that they are Indica by the way they have started growing.

The plants are 35 days are 21 days old. I started 4 seeds December 19, 2018, and planted the sprouted seeds December 22, 2018. I then decided that my grow area and light would allow for more plants, plus the fact that I’m unaware whether they’ll turn out female or not! I started germinating the second crop January 2, 2019, and planted the germinated seeds January 5, 2019.

Plant age = 35 days Crop 1, 21 Days Crop 2. Approximately 2 weeks separate the crops.

I am growing in an unfinished basement that I have converted into grow space. I used an 2 layers of emergency blankets which are very similar to mylar.

I’m growing 4 plants in 4-gallon pots that I drilled holes in myself and 4 plants in 5-gallon Rhizopots. They’re planted in Stepwell Super Soil.

I’m using a mavericksun HID Air-cooled hood running 1000w VivoSun MH bulb for flower and 1000W HPS for flower. I’m running a VivoSun 8” duct fan to cool the light and direct the heat out of the grow space using 8” duct.

The temperature of the grow space has held steadily between 75-82 while the RH was low in the beginning, around 30-35, but have added house plants, humidifier and open buckets of water to increase humidity. Since then RH has held steadily around 40-60.

Watering when the soil is dry and misting plants daily. Its advised to water with RO filtered water but I do not have an in-home RO system. I am watering with Brita filtered water at room temp.
I’m not using any nutrients in the vegetative stage as advised by local grow store expert as the soil contains all that the plants need. He recommended a nutrient similar to CalMag for the flowering stage but am open to any opinions!

I am training my plants by topping them after the 3rd or 4th node and am going to be building a SCROG using ¾” pvc in the coming weeks, photo’s to follow!

Questions I have

Does my tent look good?

Please share your thoughts and let me know how I am doing on my first operation!
Looking good nice and bushy and dark green, good job.

Good idea, but I'd reverse it since the OP has a 1,000-watt HPS in there, lol. Fire that puppy up, shut off all the basement lighting, and wait a few minutes for your eyes to get reasonably well adjusted (no need to sit in utter blackness for a half hour, lol, since you're not going on a night raid), and then try to detect any light at all escaping the enclosure. If a 1kW HID cannot shine through, then the average basement light certainly isn't going to get in.

I am having a bit of issue with light leaks that I am working on. It seems to be going to bad. My basements windows will be covered so no sunlight leaks in and the lights will be off during the flowering periods creating a pitch black space in the entire basement.

Okay thanks for the reply. I have looked into panda wall film but have heard its pretty tough to work with. I figured this was just as good and much cheaper. I will try redoing the walls to get flatter.

Thanks for your help!

Are you able to really have that room 100% light proof?. Looks like a tough job. I would turn the basement lights on and then go inside the grow area and shut everything down and see if you can see any light at all leaking in if you haven't already. Looks like a really tough job to make that 100% light proof.
Thanks for the response. IT doesn't seem to be too much of an issue as the basement is pretty dark itself. Once I block the 2 small windows and keep the lights off it creates a pitch black appearance. Hoping this will be enough.

Also, 90% of the wrinkles and creases are going to be above the canopy level, the falls seem to be flat below the light and in the canopy area, is that sufficient? I just wanted to ensure the area was tight and secure for environmental reasons, keeping temp and humidity in check. Thanks for your help.

The room seems to be completely pitch black with lights off. I don't think light leaks will be an issue. I also turned on the HID light and turned off the lights to check if any light was leaking through, nothing that cant be fixed, a few small holes.

I noticed a few yellow spots on a few leaves on a couple of my plants. I printed off a chart for deficiencies, and according to that, it's a phosphorous problem. I'll add photo's so that we can tackle this problem!

Thanks again for help during this grow! Really appreciate from all who respond! Really helps

Attachments

• IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    899.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    736.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    815.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    636.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 69
I have looked into panda wall film but have heard its pretty tough to work with.

I've read really good things about a product called Orca film. I haven't tried the stuff, though, because it's a little rich for me. As in, buy a roll of the stuff, or just spend the money on a reasonably priced grow tent. Then again, I watched a YouTube video where someone used a (PAR type, IIRC) light meter to measure the light levels in an inexpensive grow tent - and their helper affixed sheets of Orca film to the interior walls of that tent, and I watched the numbers on the meter climb while they did so.

Questions I have

Does my tent look good?

I would get reverse osmosis if I were you then you know the water is clean.

Hey all!

I managed to make my grow space much more efficient in terms of eliminating all creases and light leaks! I added more layers of the mylar and ended up putting some garbage bags on the outside to eliminate all light. Now set for flowering!!

I was looking at my plants today to try and tell if I could determine their sex. Plants are now 40 days are 26 days old, 2 weeks separating the time at which I planted the germinated seedling into the soil.

I discovered that two of my plants looked like they were starting to grow male pollen sacs. Can anyone help me confirm this? I will try posting the highest quality photo as I can but am using an iPhone camera so it won’t be superb.

I’ve named all of my lovely ladies (I was hoping they’d be all females! But know of a 50/50 chance of females when germinating seeds.) Athena and Aritiza are showing signs of male sex glands. Athena is 26 days and Aritiza is 40 days.

I purchased a little handheld vacuum that has been amazing at keeping tent clean! I have a dog that follows me everything ( though she’s not allowed in the tent! Her hair still manages to find a way, so this little handy thing has been amazing.

The temperature and RH have held steadily between 75-82 and 40-60, respectively. Even with the outside temperatures plummeting to -30! Live in Canada.

Aside from that, everything is going fantastic and the plants seem to be growing at a good rate. Hoping to be able to determine the sex of the remaining plants in the next few weeks! Please follow along with me on this journey, I need all the help I can get and am relying on the community to help with determining the sex of my plants as it’s my first time! Thanks to all that take the time out of their day to respond, it truly means a lot!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_527.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_527.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 72
  • fullsizeoutput_522.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_522.jpeg
    795 KB · Views: 86
  • fullsizeoutput_523.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_523.jpeg
    792.5 KB · Views: 75
  • fullsizeoutput_517.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_517.jpeg
    681.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2455.JPG
    IMG_2455.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 78
  • fullsizeoutput_51c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_51c.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 72
  • fullsizeoutput_51f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_51f.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 82
  • fullsizeoutput_520.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_520.jpeg
    504.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    548.7 KB · Views: 72
Can someone help me determine the sex of these two plants? They look like they're male to me! It looks like they are starting to grow pollen sacs at the nodes. PLEASE HELP SO I CAN REMOVE ASAP!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_529.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_529.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 73
  • fullsizeoutput_52a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_52a.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 69
  • fullsizeoutput_52b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_52b.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 72
  • fullsizeoutput_52c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_52c.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 74
great thanks yeah i've been keeping a close eye on them! May remove them from room this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 68
Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom