SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240 - Lighting Up A 2x2

I'm ridiculously fearless myself. I don't grow to sell and I refuse to live another day in fear. What I've seen cannabis do to improve the lives of people I love emboldened an already bold personality.

Ask yourself, would you want to be the police chief who arrested SweetSue for helping people heal? I know it won't happen, and if it did I'd deal with it calmly. I have a security within you can't threaten.

I don't hold anyone else to my risky personal standards. I live alone and own nothing. It makes me safer in many ways. It makes me free in a way others can't be. In my way, I speak for them.

Keith, it made me smile that your friend is looking Alzheimer's in the eye with a wicked grin and a "Hell No!" :woohoo:

Weekly Update: Carnival 4.4 (Day 139, flip + 61)

Almost to the end. :battingeyelashes: Her pistils are all beginning to fade now, so not much longer.

IMG_74268.JPG

I'm really impressed with the healthy leaves. The little 2x2 tents are easier for me to keep environment under control, although I'm beginning to suspect that the only way to get optimal conditions is to have an environmentally controlled set-up. I've learned to keep the extremes at bay, and it's showing in my harvests.

Her back side.

IMG_73819.JPG

And a front view. This is a stunning specimen.

IMG_73829.JPG

Those are dense buds forming. Carnival doesn't do many fluffy flowers.

IMG_73809.JPG

I see I managed to keep from photographing myself. :laughtwo: We don't need a repeat of that "surprise" do we? Lol!

IMG_73833.JPG

Low-lying fruit. :slide:

IMG_73847.JPG

Yeah.... :thedoubletake:

IMG_73857.JPG

IMG_738611.JPG

IMG_738710.JPG

IMG_73889.JPG

IMG_738910.JPG

IMG_73909.JPG

IMG_739411.JPG

IMG_73974.JPG

IMG_73989.JPG

IMG_74256.JPG

IMG_74288.JPG

IMG_74277.JPG

I am one very happy camper. :cheesygrinsmiley: This girl will be a POTM contender in February, if all goes as planned. I can't say enough how pleased I am with the performance of this panel. I won't be surprised if another tent with another GR240 shows up in my grow spaces in the future.

About another week to ten days before harvest, from the looks of her. Flush began yesterday.

looking good, Sue! :high-five:

I know your Burg is as cold as my "D" is.....isn't it great that we have such a grand indoor diversion.....Lord have mercy, we are so blessed..... :thumb:

I know your Burg is as cold as my "D" is.....isn't it great that we have such a grand indoor diversion.....Lord have mercy, we are so blessed..... :thumb:

Yes we are Shawnee. :laughtwo: I was just thinking how nice and cozy the virtual neighborhood feels in this deep freeze. I'm feeling a little bit of cabin fever, but these guys are a delicious diversion. :battingeyelashes:.

Absolutely beautiful plant Sue!! Will you post a harvest weight & all that at the end of this!? Killer job! That light seems to be workin pretty darn good!!! :thumb::volcano-smiley:

Absolutely beautiful plant Sue!! Will you post a harvest weight & all that at the end of this!? Killer job! That light seems to be workin pretty darn good!!! :thumb::volcano-smiley:

Hello Scottay. :hug: Yes indeed, it's working out really well. Sometime this year I'm gonna try doubling one up for flower, put two of these units in one tent. That's should generate some buds, ya think?

I'll be posting a harvest wrap-up when it's all in the bag.

Scottay.... I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your signature line. Lol! "No sir, it's hi, how are you?" :rofl:

The fashion in LED lighting seems to have swung away from blurble light, with people who seem to be knowledgeable (or who are at least passionate advocates) saying that yellow and green ARE photosynthetically active (something about the "Emerson effect"?--I need to look that up) and that even IR and UV get into the game.

Hi Scientific,
we love your technical discussing. this could be correct in some way.
yellow, green, UV,IR all photo synthetically active, with them good for plants develop right and healthy photomorphogenesis, however over dose of these bands also harm the plants.
About Photomorphogenesis, here is an article to read: Photomorphogenesis - Wikipedia
SO after years researching, we find above light wavelength are essential but need to be controlled in proper ratio, we call our lights enhanced full spectrum instead of advertising them 12 bands like others do in case of misleading growers.

G3HiPAR-Spectrum1600x1100.jpg

From spectrum GROWant presents, we can clearly find full continuous spectrum (yellow, green, uv and IR) besides Blue and Red part.

But I still find the notion promising that hitting the chlorophyll with just the red and blue that it absorbs best is going to be the most effective use of your electrical bill. The fact that this light, which looks like it emits mainly in the blue and red, can do that good a job with just 85 watts would seem to be real-world validation of the theory that blurple is the most efficient way to illuminate.
Yes?

Yes, Blue and Red are most high efficiency part for photosynthesis, that is how our lights work, we believe we do in right way after years research and verify.
GR240 keeps consuming 80 watts after few minutes switch on.
Refer to some other members here, they use over 250 watts for a 2x2' tent, we are trying to save every watts for less heat and money save.

Hello Scottay. :hug: Yes indeed, it's working out really well. Sometime this year I'm gonna try doubling one up for flower, put two of these units in one tent. That's should generate some buds, ya think?

Hi sue,
We at GROWant are so happy to see your nice flowers in your tent using 20 watts per sq inch only, can't wait to see the harvest.
But we do believe more light intensity within saturation, bigger plants are, interesting to see how this happens.

Hi Scientific,
we love your technical discussing. this could be correct in some way.
yellow, green, UV,IR all photo synthetically active, with them good for plants develop right and healthy photomorphogenesis, however over dose of these bands also harm the plants.
About Photomorphogenesis, here is an article to read: Photomorphogenesis - Wikipedia
SO after years researching, we find above light wavelength are essential but need to be controlled in proper ratio, we call our lights enhanced full spectrum instead of advertising them 12 bands like others do in case of misleading growers.

G3HiPAR-Spectrum1600x1100.jpg

From spectrum GROWant presents, we can clearly find full continuous spectrum (yellow, green, uv and IR) besides Blue and Red part.

Yes, Blue and Red are most high efficiency part for photosynthesis, that is how our lights work, we believe we do in right way after years research and verify.
GR240 keeps consuming 80 watts after few minutes switch on.
Refer to some other members here, they use over 250 watts for a 2x2' tent, we are trying to save every watts for less heat and money save.

Hi sue,
We at GROWant are so happy to see your nice flowers in your tent using 20 watts per sq inch only, can't wait to see the harvest.
But we do believe more light intensity within saturation, bigger plants are, interesting to see how this happens.

Thank you Gee. That was insightful. I'm something of a lazy consumer, more concerned about results than understanding the technical aspect, so I rely on more educated members to help me learn. You did well. :hug:

I was thinking this morning that I might double up the lights over the CBD Critical Cure after I harvest the Carnival, but I think I'll wait until the Timber COBs are free when the Jamaican comes down in two months. That way I can simply flip a plant under both GR240s and we can watch the show from the start. So in two months watch for my thread. I'll do another dedicated grow journal.

I can only imagine another Carnival under two lights. This is my girl this morning, about ten days from finish, by my guess, possibly longer.

IMG_76376.JPG

IMG_763810.JPG

IMG_76398.JPG

IMG_76407.JPG

IMG_764110.JPG

IMG_76429.JPG

IMG_76439.JPG

Yep.....smiling real big over here. One of my primary goals this year is to increase yields consistently. Looks like these lights are gonna make that goal easier to achieve.

I struck up an email conversation with George, the owner of GROWant, and he recommended I try doubling up the light during bloom. Now, to be honest, I hadn't considered this. The lights are so bright I just assumed it would overwhelm the plant, and in veg that may be true. The more I think about it the better this plan sounds, and today I worked out an general plan to get to that point.

IMG_76519.JPG

The reasonable cost allows me to realistically plan to purchase two more panels, so that I can set into place a policy of doubling up the panels for bloom.

This is the plant that'll be the first to test this out, Carnival 4.6. She'll be upcanned into 7 gallons, instead of the five I've been using. Those side branches are going to turn into their own plants, from the looks of it, so I'll end up with 3 Carnivals in 1 pot. Doesn't that sound like fun? What's really cool is that this idea came along at just the right time. I'd been considering clipping those tops and rooting them, but with two panels blazing away it should do a fine job of bringing this girl to a stellar harvest, and we get to see how my soil plants take to the lights.

IMG_76527.JPG

I'll be moving her into the tent I'm covering in this journal, after that Carnival comes down, and I'll start a new journal for her. By the time she's ready to flip I'll either have a new light to add to the tent or I'll be able to shift other resources and move my second panel into the tent.

Either way, this is going to be more fun than this grow was. :woohoo:

Can you tell I'm excited? :laughtwo:

I'll be posting a harvest wrap-up when it's all in the bag.

Scottay.... I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your signature line. Lol! "No sir, it's hi, how are you?" :rofl:
I definitely think the two lights (double barrel baby!!!) would help create quite the monster! I'm glad you like the tagline at the end of my signature line. Politeness gets one much farther than bein a jackass. Keep rockin girl!!!! :volcano-smiley:

I have two in my 27”x27” veg tent without issues so far. -♂️

Yes you do. :cheesygrinsmiley: That got me to thinkin'. Lol! I'm seeking a future POTM, and that takes light power. In a tent of this size that seemed an insurmountable roadblock for me until these panels came along. Now it's up to me to get the panels in line, set the schedules, and get busy growing that winning monster darling. :slide:

Thank you Gee. That was insightful. I'm something of a lazy consumer, more concerned about results than understanding the technical aspect, so I rely on more educated members to help me learn. You did well. :hug:

I was thinking this morning that I might double up the lights over the CBD Critical Cure after I harvest the Carnival, but I think I'll wait until the Timber COBs are free when the Jamaican comes down in two months. That way I can simply flip a plant under both GR240s and we can watch the show from the start. So in two months watch for my thread. I'll do another dedicated grow journal.

I can only imagine another Carnival under two lights. This is my girl this morning, about ten days from finish, by my guess, possibly longer.

IMG_76376.JPG

IMG_763810.JPG

IMG_76398.JPG

IMG_76407.JPG

IMG_764110.JPG

IMG_76429.JPG

IMG_76439.JPG

Yep.....smiling real big over here. One of my primary goals this year is to increase yields consistently. Looks like these lights are gonna make that goal easier to achieve.
Man sue in the 4th and 5th pic it looks like u have a chunk/wad of cream cheese sitting on top of that bud lol hmmm that bud looks like a real treat indeed. I can't wait till my new growant light shows up if it give results like this it has me super giddy lol. I'm having a problem picking only 2 plants to go under it tho lol. What size pot is the 1 u have going with the cheese chunk on top sitting in?

Man sue in the 4th and 5th pic it looks like u have a chunk/wad of cream cheese sitting on top of that bud lol hmmm that bud looks like a real treat indeed. I can't wait till my new growant light shows up if it give results like this it has me super giddy lol. I'm having a problem picking only 2 plants to go under it tho lol. What size pot is the 1 u have going with the cheese chunk on top sitting in?

That's holding something in the neighborhood of 2.5-3 gallons of perlite, by my estimate Jones. That hash tip is a beauty. :battingeyelashes: That'll be my special bud, for me and me alone. Lol! I'll be honest Jones, I haven't grown another Carnival that looked like this. My first was a beauty, but even she pales in comparison. You're gonna be so happy with the larger light panel. Wait 'till you see how quickly they respond when you set them under the light. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's holding something in the neighborhood of 2.5-3 gallons of perlite, by my estimate Jones. That hash tip is a beauty. :battingeyelashes: That'll be my special bud, for me and me alone. Lol! I'll be honest Jones, I haven't grown another Carnival that looked like this. My first was a beauty, but even she pales in comparison. You're gonna be so happy with the larger light panel. Wait 'till you see how quickly they respond when you set them under the light. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yea thats what im in hopes of. I was thinking about size of pots for hempy. And we'll i was wondering normally I see ur in 2 to 3 gallon range is that the biggest u normally wana go in hempy? Or is it just a personal thing like u only got room for that size container r sumthn? Jus wondering if i wana start getting massive yields shud i get a bigger bucket or does hempy style not get much more then roughly speaking An ounce or two?

Yea thats what im in hopes of. I was thinking about size of pots for hempy. And we'll i was wondering normally I see ur in 2 to 3 gallon range is that the biggest u normally wana go in hempy? Or is it just a personal thing like u only got room for that size container r sumthn? Jus wondering if i wana start getting massive yields shud i get a bigger bucket or does hempy style not get much more then roughly speaking An ounce or two?

Excellent question Jones. :battingeyelashes: My experience has shown that the 2 - 4 gallon size generates the best consistent harvest, at least in my garden it does. The Carnival in this journal is growing in somewhere between 3-4 gallons of perlite, but it's low and wide, as opposed to tall.

My Thin Mint GSC grew in about 3 gallons, in a taller pot, and she was one of my biggest yielders of the last year. Part of that may be genetics. She was a beast! This Carnival will probably come in close to her weight, in about the same amount of perlite. My recent CBD CC was in about 3 gallons, low and wide, and she was one of the best yielders of the line before her. Her clone looks like she may rival her mother in half the perlite. The DC I took down yesterday was in 2 - 2.5 gallons of perlite, and she feels like the best yield of the three I've harvested, the first in 10 gallons of soil and the second in 3+ gallons of perlite.

As you can see, I'm still working it all out too, but I'm liking the smaller pots. My next Thin Mint I'll try in a smaller pot.

Excellent question Jones. :battingeyelashes: My experience has shown that the 2 - 4 gallon size generates the best consistent harvest, at least in my garden it does. The Carnival in this journal is growing in somewhere between 3-4 gallons of perlite, but it's low and wide, as opposed to tall.

My Thin Mint GSC grew in about 3 gallons, in a taller pot, and she was one of my biggest yielders of the last year. Part of that may be genetics. She was a beast! This Carnival will probably come in close to her weight, in about the same amount of perlite. My recent CBD CC was in about 3 gallons, low and wide, and she was one of the best yielders of the line before her. Her clone looks like she may rival her mother in half the perlite. The DC I took down yesterday was in 2 - 2.5 gallons of perlite, and she feels like the best yield of the three I've harvested, the first in 10 gallons of soil and the second in 3+ gallons of perlite.

As you can see, I'm still working it all out too, but I'm liking the smaller pots. My next Thin Mint I'll try in a smaller pot.
Thanx sue for the detailed report on pot size. I got my D.C. that is in flower right now in a 3 gallon wastebasket lol. And I just got some more 3gal. Buckets to uppot some of my new hempy girls into. So far hempy is looking to be giving me the best yields so far atleast from lookn at it ill know 4 sure once I bring her dwn. I hope the quality is as good as my organic girls in soil or even better that would nice lol. But so far they all have been in 3 gal. Buckets all except one which is in a 5gal. I got the 3 and 5s mixed up on one of them as i was going to put them in the flower tent i noticed one was sitting alil bit higher then the rest lol n so I looked n sure enuf it was a 5 gal. Instead of a 3 haha but it's ok cause the girl thts in there is getting HUGE!! But yea thanx again for the info and u have a super night sue :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom