SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240 - Lighting Up A 2x2

I flipped my second tent with a GROWant GR240 panel in it. :woohoo: :slide: :yahoo:

She's not part of the sponsored grow, just a celebration in how wonderfully these lights function for the obsessive cannabis cultivator. Within two days of sitting under this panel I saw a dramatic uptick in vigor. She's only been in this tent, under this panel, since Friday. My plan was to veg her for another week or two, until I felt she was ready to go.

This morning, following her final drench of veg nutrients, she insisted that time was NOW! :laughtwo:

IMG_70944.JPG

IMG_70919.JPG

I am one happy Christmas kid. :slide:

ok so i was guna get a quantum board or some type of cob white light which would be around 600 bucks roughly this coming check but since growant has sponsored me with this same light ur using here i was wondering if it would just be better to get one of there bigger lights or even one of there smart lights since it would be cheaper in price? So for over all quality in plant growth do u notice a major difference between the qb and the growant light because u have a qb dont you?? Im just trying to get the best lights i can for my dollar lol and so far im seeing cob lights are doing the trick but idk if its completly worth that price if other lights are getting almost as good or just as good of results ya no?? But yea hope ur having a great holiday sue. And the garden girls are looking to be taking to the light very well great job as always.

ok so i was guna get a quantum board or some type of cob white light which would be around 600 bucks roughly this coming check but since growant has sponsored me with this same light ur using here i was wondering if it would just be better to get one of there bigger lights or even one of there smart lights since it would be cheaper in price? So for over all quality in plant growth do u notice a major difference between the qb and the growant light because u have a qb dont you?? Im just trying to get the best lights i can for my dollar lol and so far im seeing cob lights are doing the trick but idk if its completly worth that price if other lights are getting almost as good or just as good of results ya no?? But yea hope ur having a great holiday sue. And the garden girls are looking to be taking to the light very well great job as always.

I'm using the smallest panel they make, and it's doing a damned good job in my 2x2, which is the coverage it's rated for. I can't say enough about how happy I am with this panel Jones, and I'd have to assume their larger panels will give comparable results. Have you checked out some of the other sponsored grows with larger lights? That'd give you a good look at expectations.

I have COBs and I have quantum boards. My plants are happy under both. None of those plants are as happy as this Carnival. :laughtwo: Since I've grown other specimens under the same conditions I have to give the credit for the dramatic improvement with this one to the light. The price is right and the results speak for themselves. I'll be doing my weekly update on the main journal tomorrow and the change in the last few days is impressive.

If you do get quantum boards look around for rebuilt ones. Might be able to save money.

I'm using the smallest panel they make, and it's doing a damned good job in my 2x2, which is the coverage it's rated for. I can't say enough about how happy I am with this panel Jones, and I'd have to assume their larger panels will give comparable results. Have you checked out some of the other sponsored grows with larger lights? That'd give you a good look at expectations.

I have COBs and I have quantum boards. My plants are happy under both. None of those plants are as happy as this Carnival. :laughtwo: Since I've grown other specimens under the same conditions I have to give the credit for the dramatic improvement with this one to the light. The price is right and the results speak for themselves. I'll be doing my weekly update on the main journal tomorrow and the change in the last few days is impressive.

If you do get quantum boards look around for rebuilt ones. Might be able to save money.
Sweet thanx i appreciate the info as 2 other sponsored grows with bigger lights not sure how to find them urs i kinda stumbled on 2 cuz ur like every where lol and it was in ur sig. But yea how do I find them?

I am also doing a GROWant Grow I have 3 of there 400s and I use that in a 4 by 4 and LOVE my results, just watch the amount of UV and IR your giving them, Bc you can burn your plants very easy i make sure I keep them at a good distance, but I get the coverage needed for a great grow, check out my thread it's a good thread for the Growant LED, dang sweetsue yiur doing amazing with those Led Lights, you are gonna win POTM, again!! Very good job and I hope you get a great harvest from them

I am also doing a GROWant Grow I have 3 of there 400s and I use that in a 4 by 4 and LOVE my results, just watch the amount of UV and IR your giving them, Bc you can burn your plants very easy i make sure I keep them at a good distance, but I get the coverage needed for a great grow, check out my thread it’s a good thread for the Growant LED, dang sweetsue yiur doing amazing with those Led Lights, you are gonna win POTM, again!! Very good job and I hope you get a great harvest from them

I haven't won POTM yet. :laughtwo: I'm probably gonna enter this Carnival though, from the looks of her. I won't enter any contests until the agony of NOTY is over next month. Lol!

I'll have to check yours out bignugz. I get awfully busy keeping up with all my own threads. :laughtwo:

Got a link to your journal? Jones would like to see it too.

Jones, somewhere around here Gee has the thread that started all the excitement. I believe there are links to all the journals in that journal, but I can't find it.....Wait! Found it. :laughtwo: I have over 300 subscribed threads. Might be time to cut the list down to a workable size. Lol!

Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

Happy New Year my fine 420 Friends!

I'm helping a friend setup a new tent, medical grow for her and her husband.
Everything has been ordered but the sun.

Any thoughts on (2) two G3-HiPAR-GR480-SLV GrowAnt panels in a 2x4x7 tent? Shooting for about 50 wall watts per square foot.

Thanks
Keith

Any thoughts on (2) two G3-HiPAR-GR480-SLV GrowAnt panels in a 2x4x7 tent? Shooting for about 50 wall watts per square foot.

Thanks
Keith

Oooo.... sounds sweet! Be careful about distance from the panels.

Anyone have experience they can share with Keith?

And Happy New Year Keith. :hug::hug::hug:

And Happy New Year Keith. :hug::hug::hug:

Indeed, I will be helping her through the first cycle or two, and will keep an eye on the panel/leaf distance. I have a high end light meter and will watch out for leaf burn. My little way of giving back to the cosmos, helping a couple make their own meds. I'm trying to get her to sign up here on 420Magazine, but she is a bit paranoid, the 60's did that to more than a few survivors. She's an old "reformed" hippie ... hehehe. Good people.

Peace
Keith

Happy New Year to you too Sue!!!

Indeed, I will be helping her through the first cycle or two, and will keep an eye on the panel/leaf distance. I have a high end light meter and will watch out for leaf burn. My little way of giving back to the cosmos, helping a couple make their own meds. I'm trying to get her to sign up here on 420Magazine, but she is a bit paranoid, the 60's did that to more than a few survivors. She's an old "reformed" hippie ... hehehe. Good people.

Peace
Keith

I am the poster child for aging hippie Keith. :laughtwo: I'm 64 years playing in this sandbox, and I've been here at :420: for over three years, with no plans to go anywhere. Tell her to look me up. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Peace
Keith

Haha - great work KK! That'd be so fun helping someone else set up and get growing. I'm a junior ageing hippy myself - just shy of 50, so a bit behind you Sue, but I have aspirations! .

It's interesting that paranoia/caution thing. There are folks who think I'm totally insane to engage on this board at all, let alone do a journal. People honestly think we're being watched all the time. Now, it's true that the 'authorities' can watch you if they want and track your internet traffic back to a name. But there's no way they be watching everyone all the time, the costs would be astronomical. I sometimes restrict my weed research to the Tor browser, but more n more I'm not on computer, and there's no Tor for iPad! I'm pretty casual about it these days after some initial trepidation. The 420mag set up is awesome when it comes to our privacy and protection. And, I've always been pretty blasé about Cannabis tbh, never baulked at lighting up a j in a club or dance party back in the day!

Seriously, Sue's right, encourage your friend to check out Sue's scene around here - she'll find a few other likely ladies as well along the way .

it’s true that the ‘authorities’ can watch you if they want and track your internet traffic back to a name. But there’s no way they be watching everyone all the time, the costs would be astronomical.

That's "security by obscurity." The problem with that strategy is that if "they" ever do decide you are a person of interest, they can easily go back through your service provider's logs (which live forever) and recover everywhere you ever went on the Internet. A little caution is a good thing, methinks...

Thanks
Keith
I think that sounds like a great start! The panels are pretty neat if you ask me. Have you considered a mars light? The seem to have some good models too.

That's "security by obscurity." The problem with that strategy is that if "they" ever do decide you are a person of interest, they can easily go back through your service provider's logs (which live forever) and recover everywhere you ever went on the Internet. A little caution is a good thing, methinks...
I agree with you on this sci. But I'm tired of hiding and conforming it's almost 2018. Time to stand firm behind what I believe. The science and potential healing from cannabis is to great to ignore any longer. Or at least that's how I feel. Granted I'm also 100% within the state legislation for my grow. So I feel I have nothing to hide. About time Washington catches up....

Granted I'm also 100% within the state legislation for my grow.

Yeah, me too--legal state and a doctor's prescription. US citizens living in red states are probably a lot less sanguine, especially with AG little Jeff Sessions making squeaking noises about going after us... As for the folks living in countries with more draconian enforcement, a lot of caution is a good thing, methinks....

I know what you mean. And it's true. And you're right that it's important for people in certain circumstances (which include people's own comfort zone). I'm another person who feels like this tho...

I agree with you on this sci. But I'm tired of hiding and conforming it's almost 2018. Time to stand firm behind what I believe. The science and potential healing from cannabis is to great to ignore any longer. Or at least that's how I feel. Granted I'm also 100% within the state legislation for my grow. So I feel I have nothing to hide. About time Washington catches up....

...and I do live in a 'restricted zone', shall we say. If they decide I'm a person of interest, a person pretty much forced into some kind of retirement before my time because of chronic pain and chronic illness who is making herself some medicine (which is working btw, of course), they'll find that a public conversation will follow... .

Security is the major issue for her husband, he has a past conviction from the mid 70's for pot. They are both retired from traditional employment, so no worries for them from that perspective. He did serve time for it, and carries a real fear of being penalized with his freedom for growing a plant for his own use. He is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and wants a steady supply of high CBD low THC Cannabis. He has been buying CBD tinctures but their SS check and small pension only goes so far. I also am very cautious, even though times are changing, the "Man" still has the power to really screw a persons life over. All over a freakin plant, don't get me started! Grrrr ... OK, back to my happy place now.

I walked and lurked these 420Magazine pages for several years before ever joining and posting, I'm a product of the Nixon years too. I would like to do a 420Magazine journal, post pictures and help people learn, but I can't get past what I grew up living, many good folks jailed and then marginalized for life over a plant. I do have a thorough knowledge of plants, and 50+ years experience growing cannabis, but I'm mentally hindered to share and help with cannabis in a public forum. A dichotomy of emotions at minimum, change requires advocates and risk takers willing to be legally penalized for the cause. Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. Remember that candy bar jingle anyone? I cherish my freedom, but also desire to change things. It makes me proud to have known CajunCelt, he was a model warrior and an all around good man for the cause. Anyways, I'm glad to help a few folks with hands on learning, and hope to convince her to at least lurk and learn from these 420Magazine pages, they are an invaluable resource for people new to growing Cannabis. For me, 420Magazine rocks because of the Mission and the rules to desire responsible adult behavior among the members. Thus far, he won't let her visit any MM websites on their computer, and I understand his reluctance and mindset, he is a real true life victim of the system.

Digital realm protections you can employ? I strongly suggest VPN services for any and all things Internet. NET neutrality laws are being slashed, it just gives ISPs more power and knowledge of and over our personal digital doings. VPNs are not a 100% solution (nothing is), but the best available cover in our current Internet of Things sandbox. TOR is fairly good and capable concerning user anonymity, but to me it has become a dark, nasty supply hole for humanity's worst desires. I believe many resources are being devoted toward monitoring TOR by the "authorities" seeking to stem truly criminal behavior (human trafficking, etc).

She ordered the 2 Growant 480 panels last night, it was a toss up with the Mars Pro. I've owned and/or used several of the MarsHydro panels, and they are decent quality and effective at a low cost. Just spreading the wealth a little since both companies are sponsors here, and this grow journal has proved the Growant to be both effective and of decent quality.

Peace
Keith

Keith

I am a fan of them. They seemed to have a nice high par level compared with comparably priced mars units. And that's at 24 inches versus 18 inches respectively.

he has a past conviction from the mid 70's for pot.

Funny you should mention it, I do too, back when I was still in my teens and living at the other end of the country. I thought that was all long behind me until my aged father's new wife decided to look around on the internet for criminal records of her new family and up popped my 40-plus-year-old conviction for smoking a doobie in Tennessee. Not only is there no security in obscurity, your record lives in perpetuity and is available to all. Oh brave new world!

Back
Top Bottom