At freepatentsonline.com I found a reprint of the work I believe was done by GWPharmaceuticals on decarb. This appears to be the closest thing to authority out there. Everything's years old. It'll be nice when we have current testing results.

Therefore laboratory studies demonstrate the optimum conditions for the decarboxylation of:

Chemovar producing primarily CBD is 1 hour at 120° C. or 0.5 hour at 140° C.

Chemovar producing primarily THC to minimise CBN formation, is 1 to 2 hours at 105° C. or 1 hour at 120° C.

Thin layer chromatography reveals that virtually all of the THCA has disappeared after 4 hours at 105° C. and after 1 hour at 120° C. No THCA is visible at any time point when the herb is heated at 140° C. A small amount of residual staining at this retention value on TLC and the presence at low levels of a peak coincident with THCA on HPLC analysis may indicate the presence of a minor cannabinoid rather than residual THCA.

Hi Sue im new to this place and just want to say Wow! What great work and dedication you have in here!

I'm here because my brother got diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma to the brainstem 3/4 years ago. We researched and came across cannabis oil, anti cancer supplements, diet change, raw veg juicing. He went through radiotherapy to no success and started all of the listed above. Things were going great and the Tumor was shrunk down next to nothing. He cut way down on his oil to the point where he wasnt taking it at all sometimes. Sadly it has reappeared again ,only this time we can't shift it. He has been taking 3/4ml of oil daily for the past 6 months but just keeps going downhill.

After coming across this site i have seen that it's likely he could have a tolerance for it now after taking so much, so long. And we havnt been taking a carrier with it tho he has been taking coconut oil on the side (not directly mixed with the oil tho) if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions from me?

What is the best way to take the oil given his Tumor type and location and at what dosage?

Best carrier to use to break the brain barrier?

And will we need to start the 6 day Day Sensitization protocol?

Many thanks Mark

Hi Sue im new to this place and just want to say Wow! What great work and dedication you have in here!

I'm here because my brother got diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma to the brainstem 3/4 years ago. We researched and came across cannabis oil, anti cancer supplements, diet change, raw veg juicing. He went through radiotherapy to no success and started all of the listed above. Things were going great and the Tumor was shrunk down next to nothing. He cut way down on his oil to the point where he wasnt taking it at all sometimes. Sadly it has reappeared again ,only this time we can't shift it. He has been taking 3/4ml of oil daily for the past 6 months but just keeps going downhill.

After coming across this site i have seen that it's likely he could have a tolerance for it now after taking so much, so long. And we havnt been taking a carrier with it tho he has been taking coconut oil on the side (not directly mixed with the oil tho) if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions from me?

What is the best way to take the oil given his Tumor type and location and at what dosage?

Best carrier to use to break the brain barrier?

And will we need to start the 6 day Day Sensitization protocol?

Many thanks Mark

Hello Mark :hug::hug::hug:

The work exists to help members like you, so it's a good feeling to know it's useful. :battingeyelashes: Now, down to the business at hand. Sorry, I tend to go straight to work and ignore many of the social niceties.

So...... my first recommendation is to avoid the sensitization protocol. It's not recommended for patients treating life-threatening disease.

Glioblastoma, this is one that strikes a little fear, doesn't it? Ok.... nothing to be fearful of. Think of it as a signalling problem you're bound to figure out. From the sound of it you'd be best to explore a couple different administration methods. I'll share that I do know of a case where the patient had an inoperable glioblastoma and she shrunk it to nothing using an extra-strength topical that she rubbed into her neck and shoulders daily. I strongly recommend the most potent topical you can find, as high in THC as possible.

Other than that I'd probably go with biobomb capsules, a little modification we've developed that incorporates a carrier oil and liquid sunflower lecithin, both of which help dramatically increase absorbtion and bioavailability. Less oil does more healing. Kinda like its own little entourage effect. :laughtwo: We don't normally recommend the biobombs as suppositories for brain tumors, but the mix can also be used sublingually, and that's what I'd recommend. Olive oil. Definately, olive oil. It's a cancer-fighter in its own right, and because it's a long-chained fatty acid it gets absorbed into the lymphatic system if it gets swallowed and ends up in the gut.

Cannabinoids themselves are evolved to slip through the BBB. The purpose of the carrier oil is to slip them into the system more efficiently.

Between the BioBomb oil and the topical you might be able to get his system to switch back to a positive healing balance. I can't see any harm in trying. We can walk you through making topicals and preparing biobombs, if you're so inclined.

Your brother's been fed all the stories about how sick he is and how this is going to kill him. His endocannabinoid system would appreciate it if he rewrote the story to something like "They told me it would kill me, but my ECS had other ideas." His belief that his system can successfully signal an end to this madness within will be instrumental in the effectiveness of the protocol. The ECS is so closely aligned to the limbic system that emotions drive the signalling.

This is my instinctive understanding of how this marvelous healing force operates, and it's my belief that the ability to infuse as much joy as possible into your life results in the celebration of spontaneous healing at a cellular level. The more you can laugh the less internal tension to block the vibrations the ECS is feeling for.

There are methods of competitive inhibition you can incorporate that will greatly enhance the bioavaibility of the cannabinoids you'll be administrating. They can be found outlined at Cajun's cancer regimen thread, which is where we typically handle these types of cases. It would be most beneficial to you and to the community at large if we continue this discussion over there, where a dedicated cadre of members man the room. I'd appreciate it if our next posts on this matter were over there. Will that be acceptable?

The thread is here: A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer. and the pertinent information I mentioned is on the first couple pages. We recommend new patients and caregivers read the first 4-5 pages. Feel free to join us on the current page.

Hey... I know this can feel frustrating, but there's much to be hopeful for. This plant has marvelous healing potential and his ECS is evolved to destroy cancer cells. I say evolution and timing are definately on your side. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I am seeking an alternate way of taking the Rick Simpson cure (equivalent of the 60 grams in 90 days) without ingesting or risking ingestion. This is because I had the reaction of diarrhea when I reached about 3 rice sized pieces per day. I tried a few times with the same results. Perhaps there is another accurate dosing method. I did previously post on the Canna Cream forum because I thought I could use a cream. On the recommendation of In The Shed, I'm posting my list of ailments here.
open angle glaucoma, bipolar, memory loss, confusion, stage 3 chronic kidney disease, arthritis, restless legs, sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes, cervical stenosis, some chronic itchiness. I'm 56 and have about 35-40% kidney function remaining.
Thanks in advance. keshazel

Glad you made it here, you're in good hands! I've got restless leg syndrome as well (inherited from my dad) so I'm looking forward to any info on that.

Thanks Sue I'll get onto that and repost this in said thread thanks. Just on the topic of the topicals, is there a place to buy or even a thread on how to make up your own?

Thanks Sue I'll get onto that and repost this in said thread thanks. Just on the topic of the topicals, is there a place to buy or even a thread on how to make up your own?

There's an entire thread on topicals here:
Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall
which is pretty long. I made a simple THC massage oil with just decarbed buds and fractionated coconut oil (grapeseed is easier to find and works just as well) in a crock pot.

Glad you made it here, you're in good hands! I've got restless leg syndrome as well (inherited from my dad) so I'm looking forward to any info on that.

It's believed that restless leg syndrome is caused by too much dopamine being released' and it's not surprising therefore that smoking cannabis before bed would relieve these symptoms. I'd think something in a balanced ratio would be the best starting point. Get a chemovar with the highest level of CBD in balance with THC and give it a go.

I find it interesting that the study I glanced over determined that edibles were ineffective. Well, of course they were if you were treating for immediate relief, but I'm finding that the cumulative effects of a steady capsule regimen are surprising, so I'd certainly be looking at a regular cannabinoid dosing schedule. For that I might go with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio.

What do you think InTheShed?

On a different train of thought, I recently learned that women, for the most part, respond more favorably to the higher CBD ratios of 2:1 or 3:1. I find that very interesting. I'm not one of those women, preferring higher THC levels. :laughtwo:

Sue, thanks for your comprehensive reply. I'm sorry it toook me so long to get back to you. I was out all day.

Let me be clear, I don't have diarrhea. The diarrhea was caused by the RSO. In fact I had chronic constipation prior. I got a referral from a friend because I was sick of being sick. On the first batch I titrated up to 8 rice sized pieces over a few weeks and was doing very well. I stopped craving chocolate and lost 15 pounds. When I got the second batch I got the diarrhea. I was taking the rice-sized pieces on a prune or dried apricot at night. At first I didn't realize what was causing it. I stopped and restarted a couple of times to confirm. Then I bought from a different source and the same thing happened. We all thought I was sensitive to the solvent (isopropyll) because I'm a redhead and we tend to be sensitive to everything. Then someone said I could be sensitive to all the chlorophyll. Either way, no matter what, I couldn't get above a couple of rice-sized pieces again without getting horrible cramping and liquid diarrhea. I don't know anything other than it was a predominantly indica strain. I don't know about chemovars. And my brain cloudiness doesn't help. Sometimes I forget what I did yesterday or last week. I have huge gaps in my memory from my life.

Here is my list of medication: insulin (on a pump), atorvistatin (cholesterol), omeprazole (reflux), gabapentin (restless leg), seroquel (sleep apnea), fluoxetine (bipolar), vitamin d (very deficient according to blood test), 2 different glaucoma drops, propranolol (ptsd), melatonin (sleep apnea),lamotrigine (bipolar, levothyroxine (thyroid removed 2012).

My goal is to get off all my pharmaceuticals and reclaim my brain. I was hoping I could do the cure and then do a maintenance dose. I'm not able to make my own oil because I live in public housing and because of my brain cloudiness. I might be risking my housing if I made it here. I do have my cannabis card and I live in Massachusetts. I could use something like the magical butter machine to make a tincture from bud. Do you think tacking would make me sick? I'm afraid I might swallow some of it and that would be bad.

Anyway, I look forward to continued discussions. Thanks so much for all the brain power.

Sue, thanks for your comprehensive reply. I'm sorry it toook me so long to get back to you. I was out all day.

Let me be clear, I don't have diarrhea. The diarrhea was caused by the RSO. In fact I had chronic constipation prior. I got a referral from a friend because I was sick of being sick. On the first batch I titrated up to 8 rice sized pieces over a few weeks and was doing very well. I stopped craving chocolate and lost 15 pounds. When I got the second batch I got the diarrhea. I was taking the rice-sized pieces on a prune or dried apricot at night. At first I didn't realize what was causing it. I stopped and restarted a couple of times to confirm. Then I bought from a different source and the same thing happened. We all thought I was sensitive to the solvent (isopropyll) because I'm a redhead and we tend to be sensitive to everything. Then someone said I could be sensitive to all the chlorophyll. Either way, no matter what, I couldn't get above a couple of rice-sized pieces again without getting horrible cramping and liquid diarrhea. I don't know anything other than it was a predominantly indica strain. I don't know about chemovars. And my brain cloudiness doesn't help. Sometimes I forget what I did yesterday or last week. I have huge gaps in my memory from my life.

Here is my list of medication: insulin (on a pump), atorvistatin (cholesterol), omeprazole (reflux), gabapentin (restless leg), seroquel (sleep apnea), fluoxetine (bipolar), vitamin d (very deficient according to blood test), 2 different glaucoma drops, propranolol (ptsd), melatonin (sleep apnea),lamotrigine (bipolar, levothyroxine (thyroid removed 2012).

My goal is to get off all my pharmaceuticals and reclaim my brain. I was hoping I could do the cure and then do a maintenance dose. I'm not able to make my own oil because I live in public housing and because of my brain cloudiness. I might be risking my housing if I made it here. I do have my cannabis card and I live in Massachusetts. I could use something like the magical butter machine to make a tincture from bud. Do you think tacking would make me sick? I'm afraid I might swallow some of it and that would be bad.

Anyway, I look forward to continued discussions. Thanks so much for all the brain power.

Hello keshazel. :hug: I wasn't concerned about your late response. We work pretty fluidly around here. :battingeyelashes:

I understood the diarrhea problem was apparently provoked by the oil you were taking. Have you considered using suppositories? You could increase the cannabinoid load to your desired level and not suffer the psychoactivity you'd be dealing with if you took them orally. I'm thinking the psychoactivity hasn't been playing as well as you'd like if you have some fogginess already going on. Suppositories will counter the constipation most likely brought on by the extensive list of medications you take, a sweet, added bonus.

You could use the MB2 to make a potent infused oil instead of attempting to make your own CCO (RSO) or a tincture. I can see how making CCO in your housing would be problematic. If you decarb the buds in a roasting bag it contains the smell for the most part, and then the MB2 makes the rest of the process of making infused oil easier to deal with. You'll still have straining to overcome, but Grow2HealMe may have worked something like that out already. She uses her oil to treat early onset Alzheimer's, so her passion is simplifying the process to make it safer for brain patients and those with disabilities.

A potent infused oil will give you a powerful healing tool. You're looking for an accelerated healing with CCO, and the daughter and I were discussing this just today. She's been on her capsule regimen for over a year now, and because healing with cannabinoids is on a cellular level, things move more slowly. But the cumulative healing we're witnessing in her case convinces us that it's this long-term, deliberate dosing that allows the ECS the greatest chance for systemic healing.

So some things will respond immediately, and most others will take time to slow, halt, and reverse cellular damage. The system is definately capable of it, given the tools and time to get the job done. You're coming at a lot of different things simultaneously. I'd hope you can apprecrate the time it may take to get your system turned around.

I don't see any immediate red flags in the med list. Do any of the prescriptions come with a warning to avoid grapefruit juice? If so this is a medication you'll need to have your healthcare team watch more closely if you get higher CBD levels, which I'd recommend. Much, if not all that you're treating involves inflammation. If it'd be possible I'd encourage you to begin juicing daily. The acid cannabinoids would be most beneficial in your case, IMHO.

What access do you have to cannabinoid medicines? Do you have a source for oil, or plant material? If you can get CCO/RSO and you're up to making biobombs for suppositories this would be the best way to get the most cannabinoids in. Biobombs are our name for an oil mix we've developed that uses a carrier oil and liquid sunflower lecithin to improve the bioavailability of the cannabinoids. They're like little cannabinoid bombs for the ECS to make use of. It's a great way to stretch the oil. You'll get much more benefit from a gram of oil made into biobombs than you will from just taking the oil alone. https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/biobombs-cannabis-oil-kick.356122/

It's believed that restless leg syndrome is caused by too much dopamine being released' and it's not surprising therefore that smoking cannabis before bed would relieve these symptoms. I'd think something in a balanced ratio would be the best starting point. Get a chemovar with the highest level of CBD in balance with THC and give it a go.
I find it interesting that the study I glanced over determined that edibles were ineffective. Well, of course they were if you were treating for immediate relief, but I'm finding that the cumulative effects of a steady capsule regimen are surprising, so I'd certainly be looking at a regular cannabinoid dosing schedule. For that I might go with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio.
What do you think InTheShed?
On a different train of thought, I recently learned that women, for the most part, respond more favorably to the higher CBD ratios of 2:1 or 3:1. I find that very interesting. I'm not one of those women, preferring higher THC levels. :laughtwo:

My wife prefers high THC but she's medicating for anxiety-type conditions. That and she enjoys being high :).

I'll be adding a high CBD strain to my list to germinate later this year as I'm currently maxed out plant-wise! I've been reading through the list on Grow2HealMe's Strains for Brains threads as well as your CBD Joy thread. When I harvest I'll probably end up going the suppository route as I'd like to avoid the euphoria. I've been using a heating pad between my knees to help alleviate the RLS in the meanwhile. It's been bothering me less since my insomnia has improved...

I know we've discussed insomnia and CBD being the alerting cannabinoid. I've moved the CBD to the morning and added regular OTC hemp-seed oil to my evening vitamin routine. It really knocks me out and helps make it easier to fall back to sleep if I do wake up, similar to the way xanax worked but without risking addiction or feeding big pharma! Something about the tryptophan in the oil that's hitting me way more than a turkey ever has :). I don't know if that effect is going to last but it's working well for now. This plant has so much to offer!

My wife prefers high THC but she's medicating for anxiety-type conditions. That and she enjoys being high :).

I'll be adding a high CBD strain to my list to germinate later this year as I'm currently maxed out plant-wise! I've been reading through the list on Grow2HealMe's Strains for Brains threads as well as your CBD Joy thread. When I harvest I'll probably end up going the suppository route as I'd like to avoid the euphoria. I've been using a heating pad between my knees to help alleviate the RLS in the meanwhile. It's been bothering me less since my insomnia has improved...

I know we've discussed insomnia and CBD being the alerting cannabinoid. I've moved the CBD to the morning and added regular OTC hemp-seed oil to my evening vitamin routine. It really knocks me out and helps make it easier to fall back to sleep if I do wake up, similar to the way xanax worked but without risking addiction or feeding big pharma! Something about the tryptophan in the oil that's hitting me way more than a turkey ever has :). I don't know if that effect is going to last but it's working well for now. This plant has so much to offer!

How interesting. I have some hempseed oil on hand. Maybe the daughter'll give it a try, although she's got a pretty good system for sleep meds going. She tells me she sleeps like a babe and always wakes up feeling cozy and safe. Now that is what drives her mother. :battingeyelashes:

We were discussing her regimen and the improvements she's seeing. The inhaler that she used to push the refill date on now goes 3-4 months because she only uses it as a precaution at bedtime, and today she was talking about stopping that to see if her lungs are strong enough.

Since she started vaping the Jamaican I grew she's noted an appreciable increase in lung stamina. She's had asthma all her life, from the age of two, and spent much of her childhood hospitalized with breathing difficulty. Today she went shopping with me in temps that dipped to -10 with the wind blasting off the river, and when she got home we realized she never reached for her inhaler, and then it took her lungs a mere ten minutes to recover from the cold air.

This is unprecedented in her experience. She's still a little stunned. Today she took a nice draw from her inhaler and then looked at it with deep affection and said "I love you." :laughtwo: Thirty-four years that woman lived in constant anxiety and pain. This is transformative. And grossly illegal.

She rarely takes pain meds. That used to be a regular $20 - $30 a week investment in OTCs. When we reviewed the pharmaceuticals she no longer takes it's easy to see why the big Pharmas are investing so many millions into buying off our congressmen so they'll continue to spew lies and deceive their constituents about the truth of cannabis. We're only one little family, doing significantly better using the plant most of the world benefitted from until some wealthy and powerful men decided to change that.

There's a bill making its way through the House that wants cannabis off the schedules. We may be closer than we think. If so, it's gonna probably be messy. We'll survive. We made it this far. Can't stop us now.

InTheShed, my daughter medicates primarily for anxiety. We use the CBD Critical Cure because it's 2:1 CBD:THC. It forms the base meds for her regimen. It immediately reduced her anxiety levels, but we learned over time that the use of edible THC products was the linchpin in her successful lineup.

At the moment she takes capsules in four doses, has a high THC edible at bedtime, and medicates with THC at her whim. The THC is as much recreational as medical. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, Sue.....look at how prolific you are, I have been out of the loop for awhile.....Canjun would certainly be proud of you in no uncertain terms...he is looking down at you with an awe that you never knew you had in you....thank you for continuing in his name and in his memory.....I am so proud of you.....seems like you have found your calling.....it makes life worth living and provides a very powerful purpose....Happy New Year, girl.... :Namaste:

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, Sue.....look at how prolific you are, I have been out of the loop for awhile.....Canjun would certainly be proud of you in no uncertain terms...he is looking down at you with an awe that you never knew you had in you....thank you for continuing in his name and in his memory.....I am so proud of you.....seems like you have found your calling.....it makes life worth living and provides a very powerful purpose....Happy New Year, girl.... :Namaste:

You, of all people, know how much it meant to hear that. :hug::hug::hug:

He lit the fire, and before he passed he saw my evolution to someone capable and willing to keep his dream alive. He knew I'd stay. :love:

InTheShed, my daughter medicates primarily for anxiety. We use the CBD Critical Cure because it's 2:1 CBD:THC. It forms the base meds for her regimen. It immediately reduced her anxiety levels, but we learned over time that the use of edible THC products was the linchpin in her successful lineup.
At the moment she takes capsules in four doses, has a high THC edible at bedtime, and medicates with THC at her whim. The THC is as much recreational as medical. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's a regimen that has to be tough if you live in a city where you need to drive everywhere you go. Come to think of it, a lot of the THC-based ECS treatments would preclude driving, which makes them more difficult to incorporate into life here in Los Angeles. How do people deal with not driving high while feeding their ECS?

That's a regimen that has to be tough if you live in a city where you need to drive everywhere you go. Come to think of it, a lot of the THC-based ECS treatments would preclude driving, which makes them more difficult to incorporate into life here in Los Angeles. How do people deal with not driving high while feeding their ECS?

They take high CBD with minimal THC during the day. Don't ask me how that translates to someone with chronic pain.

My daughter doesn't get any real euphoric effect from the CBD Critical capsules, although I do, and in a grand way. :laughtwo:

They take high CBD with minimal THC during the day. Don't ask me how that translates to someone with chronic pain.
My daughter doesn't get any real euphoric effect from the CBD Critical capsules, although I do, and in a grand way. :laughtwo:

I wouldn't think that 2:1 CBD:THC would be sufficient to tamp down the euphoria, and you're the proof! Your daughter might be the exception :).

I wouldn't think that 2:1 CBD:THC would be sufficient to tamp down the euphoria, and you're the proof! Your daughter might be the exception :).

It's her weight. She's over 300 lbs. I'm down to 170, and we're certain that's it, although.... she takes twice what I do, because of her weight, so she may be more exceptional than I thought. Lol! She'll love hearing that. :laughtwo:

Here is my reply to your latest note.
The only reason I wouldn't consider the suppositories now is that I'd have to make them and I'm not sure I could. I'd be very happy not to have the high.

Making the oil with MB2: The MB2 comes with a straining bag. There are a couple of videos about it on you tube. After you strain it through the bag you leave it to air evaporate overnight in a shallow dish with a small fan running. Then you scrape the oil together.

Do any of the prescriptions come with a warning to avoid grapefruit juice? -No

You made the suggestion that I begin juicing daily; but I'm hesitant to ingest the raw cannabis because of my problems with the oil. If the problem is due to the chlorophyll, won't I get sick?

I have a cannabis card (massachusetts). I can buy plant material, oil, kief, rosin, etc. In fact I have 2g of rosin in my freezer. I decarboxylated rosin and haven't had any reaction to it but have not increased the dose much because I couldn't figure out how to make it into a large enough dose. As far as I know though I don't react to it like I did the RSO. I guess we'd have to see.

I'm interested in these biobombs. Are these suppositories? If not, what exactly are they?

And I have 100 pounds to lose.

Gnite for now.

Back
Top Bottom