hizzyB here, sorry for the long absence, tons of life stuff keeps me swamped and away.

Im reaching out because a mother of an 11 year old girl
stage 4 brain cancer thats spreading is desperate. the girl is really scared and they wanna try CCO

is anyone in Southern California that could chime in and help.
Id be forever grateful
What are you looking for help with specifically?

:welcome: Rob. Let me see if I can answer your questions.

First off, I’d agree with you that decarbing in the carrier oil is the optimal way to get an oil you can easily dose with control. You’ll also trap more terpenes decarbing while infusing.

I don’t worry much about complete decarb, understanding the value of a diverse cannabinoid and terpene profile. We really know so little.

The best decarb I get - checking with a hot oil bath for decarb efficiency - is in the pressure cooker (I have an Instant Pot) on high pressure for 1 hour and 50 minutes. It comes out almost completely decarbed.

The infusion rate is an industry standard, and only meant to be a best guess. With an infused oil you’ll never get 100% extraction. Some of the oil will remain in the plant material regardless of your work to release it. So 85% gives us lots of wiggle room.

Testing is the only way to be certain of the components found in your oils. Someday that service’ll be widely available at a reasonable cost. Right now....not so much.

Lastly, dry lecithin has phospholipids, which are an abundant part of every living cell. Liquid sunflower lecithin has additional glycophospholipids. The significance is that glychophospholipids contain both the phosphate found in phospholipids as well as carbohydrate as integral structural components. In simple terms, they build stronger cells.
SweetSue,
Am ready to make another topical and wondering about using the pressure cooker to decarb. Are you using a glass jar with lid for the hour, 50 min. Was thinking after decarb, using crock pot to infuse. Last time I used oven but stopped when started to notice the nice aroma. Maybe the pressure cooker would be more effective. Thanks!

Ok so i made some oil last night and 2 day i had a bunch of sand or plant material or something in the bottom n i wasnt sure if i shud strain it out or mix it up right b4 i make some capsuels any thoughts? Also when i made this oil the i used was from my last batch tht was way WAY 2 weak and i use 2 much lecithin. So this time i didnt use any lecithin figureing it was in there from last time was i right in thinking tht? And what do i do about the sandy stuff i wasnt sure if it contained all the medicinal value in it so havent taken it out any advice would greatly be appreciated here it is :Namaste:

Ok so i made some oil last night and 2 day i had a bunch of sand or plant material or something in the bottom n i wasnt sure if i shud strain it out or mix it up right b4 i make some capsuels any thoughts? Also when i made this oil the i used was from my last batch tht was way WAY 2 weak and i use 2 much lecithin. So this time i didnt use any lecithin figureing it was in there from last time was i right in thinking tht? And what do i do about the sandy stuff i wasnt sure if it contained all the medicinal value in it so havent taken it out any advice would greatly be appreciated here it is :Namaste:

Those are just trichomes and small bits of the decarbed herb that were too small to get trapped by the strainer when you filtered the oil. Ideally, it would have been filtered out, but nothing wrong with ingesting it. When you make RSO, the alcohol basically kills any microorganisms that may be present.

Just plant matter....you can figure out a better tech to filter or drain the oil off the top using a large syringe.
I doubt it would be trichomes as they should/would dissolve in the oil. Whatever was in the material should be infused into the oil now. For better straining, Look into a metal coffee filter. That should get out most of the plant matter.

If you made it too weak, you need to adjust your math. Trying to do it off the cuff, yields too much variance. You need a rough idea of percentage to factor in how much oil you should add to end up with a certain milligram per mililiter amount.

To note, you can always heat the oil back up (gently) and infuse more cannabis, this will raise the percentage. I tend to work with material that is tested, so it is easy to do the math or use online calculator to get the end result I am looking for. Good luck and enjoy.

Good day everyone. I need to ask if I'm getting the dosing right. I made up capsules using 4 grams RSO of Berry White with 71% THC and 2 grams of RSO Charlotte's Web with 68 % of CBD. With a total weight of 6 grams I added 20 ml of olive oil and 20 ml of cocoa butter. 5 caps a day to get I gram of thc per day. Should I have instead of 40 ml used 34 ml. The way I did, seems to me anyway, it looks like she should have 6 a day to get the gram. Lung cancer is nasty and we are going to fight it hard. She's had her plural sack on her right lung drained twice already but since we started 12 days ago she is breathing a little better. It only took 6 days before before being drain the second time and it's been 9 days and it seems better she thinks. Just want to make sure she is getting the right amount of more. This is only administered by suppository. Thanks

Good day everyone. I need to ask if I'm getting the dosing right. I made up capsules using 4 grams RSO of Berry White with 71% THC and 2 grams of RSO Charlotte's Web with 68 % of CBD. With a total weight of 6 grams I added 20 ml of olive oil and 20 ml of cocoa butter. 5 caps a day to get I gram of thc per day. Should I have instead of 40 ml used 34 ml. The way I did, seems to me anyway, it looks like she should have 6 a day to get the gram. Lung cancer is nasty and we are going to fight it hard. She's had her plural sack on her right lung drained twice already but since we started 12 days ago she is breathing a little better. It only took 6 days before before being drain the second time and it's been 9 days and it seems better she thinks. Just want to make sure she is getting the right amount of more. This is only administered by suppository. Thanks

I’m of the opinion that if what you’re using is having a positive effect in any way stick with that dose until you have a damn good reason to change it.

She’ll be getting labs and scans. Watch and make your next move based on those results.

Bill, a great number of patients are responding positively to far less THC doses, and if she’s tolerating it, I wouldn’t mess with it. I work very often on inspiration, and I’d figure you were inspired to make that formulation.

I’m happy to hear she’s breathing easier. :hug:

SweetSue,
Am ready to make another topical and wondering about using the pressure cooker to decarb. Are you using a glass jar with lid for the hour, 50 min. Was thinking after decarb, using crock pot to infuse. Last time I used oven but stopped when started to notice the nice aroma. Maybe the pressure cooker would be more effective. Thanks!

Eek! I missed this @sierrahiker. I use a small stainless bowl for a pot-in-pot setup. I once had a jar break while making a batch of oil and I find I shy away from using jars at all until storage.

I combine the oil and bud and pressure-cook for 110 minutes.

The foil is loose. I’m simply trying to keep condensation out of my oil.

This method both decarbs and infuses. Makes my life so easy it’s almost sinful. Lol!

I tend to work with material that is tested, so it is easy to do the math or use online calculator to get the end result I am looking for. Good luck and enjoy.

Someday...... someday we’ll all be able to say this. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Someday...... someday we’ll all be able to say this. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Hey sue hows things been going i hope ur doing well. Well i have a question for u if im re infusing oil tht i did once but not strong enuf so guna run again with better bud this time. (If i used to much lecithin on the first batch of oil will i need to add any to it again now im infusing it a second time?) I jus wasnt sure if it dilutes its self or sumthn over time idk so figured id ask the pros lol.

Eek! I missed this @sierrahiker. I use a small stainless bowl for a pot-in-pot setup. I once had a jar break while making a batch of oil and I find I shy away from using jars at all until storage.

I combine the oil and bud and pressure-cook for 110 minutes.

The foil is loose. I’m simply trying to keep condensation out of my oil.

This method both decarbs and infuses. Makes my life so easy it’s almost sinful. Lol!
Thank you SweetSue. I used a glass jar and decarbed_in pressure cooker first. Then added oil and back in pressure cooker for second time. Was lucky glass didn't break. Next time will do it the easy, safe way. I assume you add some water before placing the small bowl. Thanks for photos.

Thank you SweetSue. I used a glass jar and decarbed_in pressure cooker first. Then added oil and back in pressure cooker for second time. Was lucky glass didn't break. Next time will do it the easy, safe way. I assume you add some water before placing the small bowl. Thanks for photos.

I put two cups of water in the chamber and the bowl on the trivet.

I put two cups of water in the chamber and the bowl on the trivet.
What size is yer instapot Sue??

I think I MUST have one

Back
Top Bottom