switch lights to flower?

Is it possible to grow quality buds using T5's and cfl through the entire grow or is it necessary to switch to hps when flowering?
you can grow great weed with CFL's and T5s. I have never done CFL but alot of people start with them. I grew on a T5HO start to finish on veg bulbs...
that being said...you will get more weight from an HID lamp. simply because you will have bigger plants. MH and HPS are the best choice..LED's are effective also but they have their drawbacks as well

pitviper is right. MH/HPS are the way to go. I have a hermie under two 100 watt full spectrum bulbs now and a newbie under 1. I'd say to definitely switch over to the HPS after your plant gets big enough, mostly when it's formed its 4'th leaf set so it can start growing vigorously. The cfl's do work but it seems to take a lot longer. Also they don't give off hardly any heat so that doesn't help give the plant the humidity and heat that it'll need to help it grow but it's waaaaaay cheaper (7.99 p/bulb at home depot) Just go with what you feel dude.

Is it possible to grow quality buds using T5's and cfl through the entire grow or is it necessary to switch to hps when flowering?

If you already are using the fluoro's I'd stick with them all the way through. I've seen amazing grows with T5's in pictures and person, they work well. HID still has the upper-hand on all other lighting systems, however T5 is right under HID, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom