Tales From The Krip!

HARVEST PICS!

I've been up all night trimming (just a rough trim!) and estimating around 4 oz. when dry, although I didn't take wet weights and didn't take a lot of pics.

You'll see the ice did a good job of turning the buds blue.

I've got about 2 oz (once dry!), maybe more, of nice big buds:

DSCN36434.JPG

DSCN36493.JPG

And, at least another 2 oz. of smaller, but still respectable, buds:

DSCN36553.JPG

DSCN36522.JPG

Here are a couple of the bigger buds:

DSCN36472.JPG

DSCN36443.JPG

I also probably have close to 1/2 oz of "popcorn" buds I saved for hash/oil, but I didn't save any of the trim on this round.

I'm glad to get this grow done, although, it's been a while since I've harvested and NOT moved SOMETHING from veg into flower! :)

Tent will come down this weekend once the buds are done drying, then a final trim and in jars.

Happy Harvests!

K

Congrats on the harvest bud!

Stupid question... why the gloves? I've seen others harvest with them as well.

Congrats on the harvest bud!

Stupid question... why the gloves? I've seen others harvest with them as well.
[FONT=&amp]Wear powder-free latex gloves. They keep hands clean and make it easy to collect the very potent resin from broken trichomes. When it is collected it is often referred to as “finger hash”. Trichomes collect when the buds are handled. Once the gloves are sticky use them only for manicuring as they will pick up impurities if you perform other tasks. Powdered gloves leak their powder into the resin too. When you take the gloves off, put them in a plastic bag and place them in the freezer for a few hours. The sticky resin freezes and can easily be peeled off the gloves. Don’t re-use the gloves. Once you take them off start with a a fresh pair. If you're allergic to latex, use Nyplex or something similar. Hope that answers your question. I just googled that up for you real quick, since I wasn't sure either. ;-)[/FONT]

What a sight. I feel my first, second, and possibly many more grows won't look this way. But I can wait because the first one will be just as welcome. Til then I can come through n dream.
Geat lookin harvest. Wow

Great pull my friend. It's nice when the hard work is over and you can enjoy your harvest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Great looking tubs of buds there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Top notch harvest Krip! The buds look great for all the worrying you were doing. Lol

What a sight. I feel my first, second, and possibly many more grows won't look this way. But I can wait because the first one will be just as welcome. Til then I can come through n dream.
Geat lookin harvest. Wow

Awesome Krip! Can't wait for the smoke report! :)

Great pull my friend. It's nice when the hard work is over and you can enjoy your harvest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks, everyone! :thanks:
I'm definitely happy with the harvest and glad to have you all along for the ride! :circle-of-love:

QUICK DRYING UPDATE!

When I say "Quick Drying Update" I really mean "Quick Drying Update"!!!

I think I mentioned that this was the first harvest I wasn't going to be using my DIY dry box and, instead, just hung the dry net in the flower tent.

I removed the circulating fan from the tent altogether, and turned the carbon scrubber to it's lowest setting on the speed control so I'd still have some odor control.

Well, I just checked on the buds and they're drying out WAAAAAAAAAAY too quickly! :thedoubletake:

I just put all the smaller nugs in a jar. I don't think they're below 60% (although, I need to get new batteries for my hygrometers and out of Bovedas!) but would have preferred a longer dry.

The bigger buds still have lots of moisture, although are already getting crispy. I cut off the carbon scrubber entirely to slow down the drying on the large buds and am sure they'll be fine.

I didn't get a weight of the small buds yet, but looking at it in the jar, think it's right around 2 oz or maybe less. I had originally thought more and, if so, it won't be by much!

I'll get some pics up soon! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

hope no damage is done by drying so fast??!! :thedoubletake:

If humidity drops below 55%, it won't cure properly (which only means it gets used for edibles and not smoking!). I put a new battery in the hygrometer and it's been in the bud jar now for about an hour and showing 58%, so definitely was cutting it close but should be OK. Boveda 62's should be here Saturday.

EDIT: It's 45 minutes later and now at 61%. We're fine, but still a VERY quick dry! :thedoubletake:

Nice haul Brother:high-five:

I have a box of black gloves like those, grease monk3y if I'm not mistaken?
Just a heads up, the box mine came in stated that the gloves contain chemicals known to the state of CA to cause cancer....I was bummed, because they fit so dang well. But I no longer use them for consumables, like our garden veggies or working soil, or harvesting my herbs....

Nice haul Brother:high-five:

I have a box of black gloves like those, grease monk3y if I'm not mistaken?
Just a heads up, the box mine came in stated that the gloves contain chemicals known to the state of CA to cause cancer....I was bummed, because they fit so dang well. But I no longer use them for consumables, like our garden veggies or working soil, or harvesting my herbs....

Thanks, Brother! :high-five:

Actually, the ones I use are by Versapro. They're nitrile exam gloves used by doctors, etc. I purchased a box of 100 (50 pairs) for $6 on the jungle site and keep some in a few medical/emergency kits I have in home & cars, and the rest of the box are trimming accessories! :)

Thanks, Brother! :high-five:

Actually, the ones I use are by Versapro. They're nitrile exam gloves used by doctors, etc. I purchased a box of 100 (50 pairs) for $6 on the jungle site and keep some in a few medical/emergency kits I have in home & cars, and the rest of the box are trimming accessories! :)

Very good, very good indeed!
How's the schedule on the mitigation coming along?
Sorry if I missed it...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom