Tales From The Krip!

Very good, very good indeed!
How's the schedule on the mitigation coming along?
Sorry if I missed it...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's a major headache! Still trying to coordinate between the insurance company and mold remediator and I should not have to be doing that. The remediation bill will be something like $15k-$20k and insurance only covers $10k in mold remediation. Plus, that bill is just for the removal & remediation, it doesn't include putting the house back together once he rips it apart to remove mold, so I need to bring in another contractor for that.

In the mean time, I've been living with no kitchen for over a month now! :thedoubletake:

I am hoping to get it all started next week.

It's a major headache! Still trying to coordinate between the insurance company and mold remediator and I should not have to be doing that. The remediation bill will be something like $15k-$20k and insurance only covers $10k in mold remediation. Plus, that bill is just for the removal & remediation, it doesn't include putting the house back together once he rips it apart to remove mold, so I need to bring in another contractor for that.

In the mean time, I've been living with no kitchen for over a month now! :thedoubletake:

Good luck! And too bad about your house. Hope it all will be covered by insurance :circle-of-love:

I feel ur pain. Been without my kitchen since my fire in February. I have all the pieces but don't have the money to put it back together. My only saving grace is the small kitchen in the mother in law suite. I hate cooking in there. Actually refused to cook in there so until I recently kicked my son out and cleaned it up I cooked in a toaster oven.

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice

I feel ur pain. Been without my kitchen since my fire in February. I have all the pieces but don't have the money to put it back together. My only saving grace is the small kitchen in the mother in law suite. I hate cooking in there. Actually refused to cook in there so until I recently kicked my son out and cleaned it up I cooked in a toaster oven.

Been there too.. camping gas ( small size) for over a year and then a microwave oven only for another 6 months..
It made me use my imagination a lot...

Good luck! And too bad about your house. Hope it all will be covered by insurance :circle-of-love:

Krip sorry to hear of ur housr troubles.hope it all gets sorted soon for ya mate;)

Been there too.. camping gas ( small size) for over a year and then a microwave oven only for another 6 months..
It made me use my imagination a lot...

That blows regarding the house. Congrats on the harvest Mr Krip and hope the bud cures for some decent smoke, keep it airie

Sent from my ALE-L02 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, everyone! :thanks:

Doing all the cooking in a toaster oven in the family room has definitely been a PITA, but it's the doing the dishes in the bathtub that really sucks! :rofl:

ALL JARRED UP!

OK, we did it! We got her harvested and jarred up so I can have the walk-through done on Monday! :yahoo:

I didn't get actual weights but should be within a couple grams of 4 oz.

The two larger jars each hold about two oz. They're not quite packed to leave room for air, but what's missing from the four should be made up for by what's in the smaller jar:

DSCN36681.JPG

Right at 66% RH now:

DSCN36692.JPG

And here are a few of the larger buds:

DSCN36722.JPG

I also disassembled and packed up the flower tent.

I can't tell you all how strange it feels to NOT have any place to grow or any real plants going right now, except for what's in an 18 gallon tote outside. It's really like a part of me is missing right now!

It also appears it will be at least a month or two before I can really start putting things back together. Hopefully, I can keep the vegging plants going until something more permanent is in place. If not, I have plenty of seeds, but that just extends the time until the next harvest.

I THINK, on this next grow, I MAY give Doc Bud's kit a try!

I've always joked that hydro is science and soil is farming (and I like the science!), but I really love the way Doc has turned soil into a science. I have other challenges with being indoors, having carpeted rooms & limited space, etc. Also, the soil may have to cook in some pretty high temps in my climate, so will need to check with Doc on that.

But, with the break in growing now, it may be a good time to order his kit and start cooking the soil soon so it's ready when I am, again.

Happy Harvests!

K

That's interesting. Oh, great harvest Krip. I feed hydro style in soil. I find soil feeding schedules to cause an overload of nutes then def throughout the week cycle. However, feeding hydro style is causing the plants to dry out a #5 in two days. That bud looks dense and colorful.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

[h=1]Grow Your Own Weed In This Super Smart Mini Fridge

It's a little pricey, but pretty cool![/h]

[h=1]Leaf: Grow your own weed in this super smart mini fridge[/h] By Kitty Knowles 19 August 2016

Summary
Cannabis, marijuana, dope. Whatever you call it, Leaf's got you covered.

In today’s world we like like to be in control: we want to distill our own booze, and 3D-print our own cookies.
We even want to grow our own weed (in countries where it’s legal, of course) – and there’s a smart machine for all of these things.
Today, ahead of Seattle Hempfest (the world’s largest marijuana legalisation rally), we meet Yoni Ofir, the founder of Leaf.
He’s the dopest ‘Ganjapreneur’ around.

'Ganjapreneur' Yoni Ofir. Pic: Leaf.[h=2]What is Leaf?[/h] Leaf is a ‘plug-n-plant’ system that automatically grows cannabis and is controlled by your smartphone.
“Think of it like a beautiful mini fridge that stocks itself,” Ofir told The Memo.
A medical marijuana user himself, Ofir created Leaf to solve the many problems faced by users.
“It’s baffling how much knowledge is required to grow high-quality cannabis,” he explains. “Like what type of lighting, nutrients, and grow medium you need.”
While users can look to the internet to find information, it’s often scattered across unreliable forum posts, making it hard to know what’s right.
What’s more the current ways to grow cannabis are ugly and impractical, and involve either putting up vast tents or closing off entire rooms in your house. Neither is great.

[h=2]Making growing easy[/h] Using Leaf solves all this, says Ofir.
It alters nutrient dosing, temperature, humidity, and light intensity automatically, and any additional instructions can be followed on a simple companion app.
You can even benefit from other people in the Leaf community; see videos of different marijuana strains growing, and pick up helpful tips from their ‘plant profiles’.
“You can see time-lapses of their grow, what parameters they used in their grow, and you can sync these custom recipes to your own Leaf,” says Ofir.

The Leaf cannabis grower. Pic: Leaf.

[h=2]Bringing Leaf to the masses[/h] The final price of Leaf will be set later this year, but it’s expected to cost somewhere around $1,499 (£1,142).
This might sound like a lot, but Ofir says that Leaf will pay for itself after just two medicinal grows (which take a few months).
You can already register for pre-orders now, with Leaf set to fully launch in early 2016.
[h=2]Rising to the challenge[/h] Being a self-professed ‘Ganjapreneur’ hasn’t been easy, but it will all be worth it says Ofir.
“Things like open marketing channels, banking, credit card processing, are not a given within the cannabis industry,” he says of his controversial business.
“You need to be creative … I love the challenge.”
And the founder says he’ll continues to be driven by the community he’s helping.

“When people email us telling their stories and how much Leaf would benefit them – that never gets old, ever.”

Now that's what I refer to as "cyberweed" and takes all the real fun out of growing.:laughtwo: To each their own!

Now that's what I refer to as "cyberweed" and takes all the real fun out of growing.:laughtwo: To each their own!

Dude, it's only about 3' wide so you couldn't even squeeze one of your plants stalks in that thing! In fact, I'm not even sure a seed from one of your plants would fit in there! :morenutes:
:rofl:

Dude, it's only about 3' wide so you couldn't even squeeze one of your plants stalks in that thing! In fact, I'm not even sure a seed from one of your plants would fit in there! :morenutes:

The least they could do is put a glass front on it so you could watch the plants grow & not have to open a fridge door to see what's going on inside. The more technology creates the lazier people get in my humble opinion and why I stick to my old school ways of doing things. Just my two cents!;)

Oh, nice harvest Mr. Krip, keep up to good work mate!:thumb:

Congrats on the harvest Mr. Krip! Just curious... do you dry for a while first and then use the Boveda's right away when they are ready for jars? I'm thinking of picking some up for the dry/cure. And good luck with getting your house sorted.. doesn't sound like fun! :/

:passitleft:

Congrats on the harvest Mr. Krip! Just curious... do you dry for a while first and then use the Boveda's right away when they are ready for jars? I'm thinking of picking some up for the dry/cure. And good luck with getting your house sorted.. doesn't sound like fun! :/

:passitleft:

Typically, I'll let them dry for 4-5 days (the small buds on this run dried too quick!) and, by then, the outsides will feel crispy. Many noobs will think they're over-dried at this point, but once you put them in the jars, which is what I do next, the moisture from the inside of the buds works its way to the outside and they moisten right up. When I jar them, I put a hygrometer in the jar (in the pic above) and usually, I'm in jars right around 68%-70% RH. Anything over 70%, I get nervous and will leave in the open jar overnight to dry out further or move to a paper bag.

As long as I'm below 70%, I'll seal the jars and burp them 3-4 time's per day and jostle the jars to make sure there's air between the buds.

Once it hit's 65%, you're in the "Cure Zone" and, when RH stays at 62% or below for about 48 hours, that's when I'll add the Boveda's to the jars if I'm storing long-term.

Thanks for the good wishes! :thanks:

NEW STEALTH VEG CABINET COMPONENTS!

I topped the Cherry Bomb today and am going to try to clone the top. There was a dead caterpillar in the bottom of the veg tote and it looks like before it died it chewed up one of the clones a little, but not too bad. The pitfalls of being outdoors!

I ordered the new veg cabinet today. I've got some woodworking skills but have NEVER worked with metal, so hoping I can customize it without butchering it too bad! :)

Here's the cabinet:

cabinet10.JPG

It's 2' squared by 5' high and all shelves are adjustable, which means I should be able to easily remove the two lower shelves. I may adjust the upper one and will drill a couple holes in it to be able to hang the light. I have an extra 240w LED that should work great if I can keep temps under control. If not, I'll just put in a small T5.

It also has a locking door for extra security when I have visitors. :thumb:

Between the top of the cabinet and the upper shelf, I'll run the power. I'm going to use one of these which should also keep it light-proof:

Power2.jpg

As an added benefit, in addition to the three outlets (I'll likely add a power strip for more!), there are two USB ports, so I will be able to charge my cell phone in the veg cab! :rofl:

For the ventilation, I'm going to use this fan:

fan38.jpg

It's NOT a "PC Fan". It's an AC Infinity Airplate which is made to cool home theater cabinets. It's 26 CFM and runs incredibly quiet at only 22dBA.

I was considering a dual or tri fan configuration which they also sell, but since the cabinet is only 20 square feet, the 26 CFM fan alone should be able to replace all of the air in the cabinet approximately every minute. There's a high-speed version, too, but it runs a little louder and I opted to try to keep it as "stealthy" as possible. ;)

I scheduled delivery for the beginning of September, which is probably a little early, but hopefully I can at least start the build before the house is finished.

I'll document it all when I do it! :winkyface:

Happy Harvests!

K

Good plan, but I'd look at air movement throughout your setup. Heat and CO2 starvation will be your two biggest issues. I'd have 2 fans moving at least 200 CFM out window. You only have 20 cubic feet of air in there which means very low heat capacity. Intake low and exhaust High out window.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Back
Top Bottom