Tales From The Krip!

Hey krip!

That setup looks great and I may have a solution to your problem. You can buy mini intake filters for many applications which would attach to the duct blocking the light. These are not carbon filters more just a basic 4” or 6” duct filter that you can pickup for about 30$ from the local depot store.

You could also take a normal furnace filter place it across the top bars in your tent blocking that light penetration but allowing air flow through still. Couple ideas hopefully you can get it figured out!!

That's a great idea! In fact, when I built my Dry Box, I had purchased an A/C filter that was "Odor Eliminating" and could be cut to size. That MIGHT work perfectly to block the light while only minimally restricting airflow:

IMAGE_537.jpg

IMAGE_540.jpg

Thanks for reminding me!!! :thumb:

That's a great idea! In fact, when I built my Dry Box, I had purchased an A/C filter that was "Odor Eliminating" and could be cut to size. That MIGHT work perfectly to block the light while only minimally restricting airflow:

IMAGE_537.jpg

IMAGE_540.jpg

Thanks for reminding me!!! :thumb:

Hey man what are buds for! Not just smoking :rofl: although... haha :passitleft:

BLACKWATER IS FRUITY, FUELY, AND READY!

I decided to trim up some of those larger "crispy" fan leaves from the Blackwater today. She's really a beautiful plant with her four huge, thick colas from the UBT and a dozen, or so, smaller, but still dense sub-colas. I was thinking of cutting off a sample bud and there wasn't any popcorn buds on her, at all; and her main colas are as long as my arms!

One of the leaves I took was still green towards the inside, so I decided to scope it. It was just dripping with resin and probably had about 20% amber trich's. While the buds still smell fruity, I got a real diesel smell from my fingers after handling the buds.

I'll probably take her down this weekend, too. Although, she has been fox-tailing like crazy, she's definitely ready! It should be a quick trim job on her, even hand trimming, cuz' she's nothing but dense frosty buds with only a few fan leaves mixed in that need to be removed. I'm actually betting on the Blackwater to be the best of the four strains this round, so not that disappointed she didn't turn purple! :laugh:

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey there MrK - looking like a good day to harvest brother. Your plants look ready and sounds like you're ready. Lets do this. Fans have done their job flowers are fat, no void of course moon until 4:53PM.

I'm moving plants around right now, loppers in hand getting ready to do the baddie. I'm going in.

Congrats on the trimmer. Man I have 1 in my shopping cart. Looks like there are several all made the same put out by different companies. Found 1 for $99 (I'm a cheap bastid, errr thrifty shopper). Thinking to get the 1 you have. Tried and tested = $20 easy. Thank you very much for the tip. You should put that in your sig with the u-tube vid. Beautiful.

I trim off all my fans and hang the plant from a hook until dry. This time of year (winter east coast with RH=40-50% in the house) drying takes about 3-4 days on the hook. Then massive trim job for me. Usually 1 plant = 4-6 hrs at the table.

I want to smoke nuggets personally ;) But i know the sugars are packed with goodness!

That's a good observation. :passitleft:

Vape and the sugars actually have good flavor. Its the burning of them that makes the smoke harsh. I've pretty much but not completely given up smoking. If friends roll up a fatty, who am I to turn it down?

Kripp your plants look spectacular. I actually love the look of crispy fans. Because I know its about time to harvest! Woohoo.

Loppers FTW

Hey there MrK - looking like a good day to harvest brother. Your plants look ready and sounds like you're ready. Lets do this. Fans have done their job flowers are fat, no void of course moon until 4:53PM.

I'm moving plants around right now, loppers in hand getting ready to do the baddie. I'm going in.

Congrats on the trimmer. Man I have 1 in my shopping cart. Looks like there are several all made the same put out by different companies. Found 1 for $99 (I'm a cheap bastid, errr thrifty shopper). Thinking to get the 1 you have. Tried and tested = $20 easy. Thank you very much for the tip. You should put that in your sig with the u-tube vid. Beautiful.

I trim off all my fans and hang the plant from a hook until dry. This time of year (winter east coast with RH=40-50% in the house) drying takes about 3-4 days on the hook. Then massive trim job for me. Usually 1 plant = 4-6 hrs at the table.

That's a good observation. :passitleft:

Vape and the sugars actually have good flavor. Its the burning of them that makes the smoke harsh. I've pretty much but not completely given up smoking. If friends roll up a fatty, who am I to turn it down?

Kripp your plants look spectacular. I actually love the look of crispy fans. Because I know its about time to harvest! Woohoo.

Loppers FTW

You got me read correctly, Brother! :welldone:

Everything is ready and I'm literally "chomping at the bit" to start harvesting, so your offer to have me join you in a "Communal Cannabis Cut-down" is pretty tempting, right now! :drool:

It's tough for me to get that much uninterrupted time during the week, so I usually try to schedule the harvests over the weekend or I find I'm pulling all-nighters just to finish the trimming. However, my new tool should "trim" the time down so, if I can find some time later this afternoon, maybe I'll try a plant or two? :rofl:

You got me read correctly, Brother! :welldone:

Everything is ready and I'm literally "chomping at the bit" to start harvesting, so your offer to have me join you in a "Communal Cannabis Cut-down" is pretty tempting, right now! :drool:

It's tough for me to get that much uninterrupted time during the week, so I usually try to schedule the harvests over the weekend or I find I'm pulling all-nighters just to finish the trimming. However, my new tool should "trim" the time down so, if I can find some time later this afternoon, maybe I'll try a plant or two? :rofl:

Yes!! Chop chop chop chop chop chop
CHOP HER BABY YEAA!

IN SOLIDARITY - TUT #1 HARVESTED!

In a show of solidarity with Brother Bob, I decided to chop Tut #1 tonight. :yahoo:

She was the biggest (not the tallest, though!) and good to get her out of the way first.

Here's the pile of freshly harvested colas:

After removing the large fan leaves:

After washing & hanging in the tent to dry:

The top colas will go in the fridge for a slow dry and the bottom colas will get a shave with the new trimmer and dried on the rack.

Not sure I'm gonna get to the Blackwater tonight, but I think that's the next one to get harvested. Once that's done, I'll be able to lower the lights for the White Widow and Fruit Punch for their last week, or so.

Happy Harvests!

K

Congrats on the mighty fine harvest! That's a lot of awesome looking produce! Looks like a 1/2 lb or so!

:high-five:

Thanks, Bro! Yeah, I'm guessing (or maybe hoping? :hmmmm:) something like 8-10 oz. off that plant!

BLACKWATER CHOPPED & TUT #1 BAGGED & FRIDGED!

I put all the "primo" buds from Tut #1 in paper lunch bags and into the fridge this morning and used the new machine to trim up all the smaller buds. The stuff I put in the trimmer was all the buds I normally would have just thrown in the trim bag for oil and after some turns of the crank, it returned probably close to 1.5 oz. (estimated after drying) of decent (although small!) buds that will go in the bud jars, and another ounce, or so, of chopped trim that will be used exclusively for oil.

As for the Blackwater, here are her four main colas. For size reference, that foil pan is 22" long!

Here is the total haul, after trimming:

And, here are a couple of close-ups of her four main colas:

I'm estimating about 3 oz. once dried and I'm sure gonna be growing her again! :yummy:

Happy Harvests!

K

IN SOLIDARITY - TUT #1 HARVESTED!

In a show of solidarity with Brother Bob, I decided to chop Tut #1 tonight. :yahoo:

She was the biggest (not the tallest, though!) and good to get her out of the way first.

Here's the pile of freshly harvested colas:

After removing the large fan leaves:

After washing & hanging in the tent to dry:

The top colas will go in the fridge for a slow dry and the bottom colas will get a shave with the new trimmer and dried on the rack.

Not sure I'm gonna get to the Blackwater tonight, but I think that's the next one to get harvested. Once that's done, I'll be able to lower the lights for the White Widow and Fruit Punch for their last week, or so.

Happy Harvests!

K
BLACKWATER CHOPPED & TUT #1 BAGGED & FRIDGED!

I put all the "primo" buds from Tut #1 in paper lunch bags and into the fridge this morning and used the new machine to trim up all the smaller buds. The stuff I put in the trimmer was all the buds I normally would have just thrown in the trim bag for oil and after some turns of the crank, it returned probably close to 1.5 oz. (estimated after drying) of decent (although small!) buds that will go in the bud jars, and another ounce, or so, of chopped trim that will be used exclusively for oil.

As for the Blackwater, here are her four main colas. For size reference, that foil pan is 22" long!

Here is the total haul, after trimming:

And, here are a couple of close-ups of her four main colas:

I'm estimating about 3 oz. once dried and I'm sure gonna be growing her again! :yummy:

Happy Harvests!

K

Well done :welldone: those buds look fantastic and awesome

TUT #2 HARVESTED & HANGING!

I harvested Tut #2 today. Her main colas were bigger than Tut #1's mains, but she also had a lot of side branching with smaller, including a LOT of popcorn, nugs. The undersides of her sugar leaves are absolutely coated in trichomes and they look white.

I'm estimating about 4-5 oz. total, once dried.

Here's the harvested cola pile:

Trimmed up colas:

And, a bowl of smaller buds that will go in the trimmer:

Hanging in the tent to dry after bud washing:

Small buds taking 3 tiers in the dry net:

Some immediate satisfaction :yummy::

Happy Harvests!

K

Quite the harvest bud! If you get close to your estimates then you will blow this round away! For such a small space your yields will be very respectable! I struggle to get 4+ zips per plant with a lot of strains.

Thanks, Brother! Yeah, it looks great, so far, but the last couple of plants (which I'll harvest next week) will bring the average down, somewhat. I think I'll get about 3 oz. from the Fruit Punch (maybe closer to 4? :hmmmm:) but only about an oz., or maybe just a little more, from the White Widow. I'm estimating a total of about 18-20 oz.

I was really hoping for 24+ but I just didn't have the stretch/vertical growth. Not too bad considering it was the first time growing all of those strains, though. It wouldn't have taken much more to get there, but I just didn't want to wait any longer in veg since it's my first harvest in something like 2 years and I was pretty anxious to get things back on track! :yahoo:

This next round, I'm gonna do a little less training and see if I can fill up the vertical space a little better.

Thanks, Brother! Yeah, it looks great, so far, but the last couple of plants (which I'll harvest next week) will bring the average down, somewhat. I think I'll get about 3 oz. from the Fruit Punch (maybe closer to 4? :hmmmm:) but only about an oz., or maybe just a little more, from the White Widow. I'm estimating a total of about 18-20 oz.

I was really hoping for 24+ but I just didn't have the stretch/vertical growth. Not too bad considering it was the first time growing all of those strains, though. It wouldn't have taken much more to get there, but I just didn't want to wait any longer in veg since it's my first harvest in something like 2 years and I was pretty anxious to get things back on track! :yahoo:

This next round, I'm gonna do a little less training and see if I can fill up the vertical space a little better.
How big is your flowering area? 18-20 zips is a pretty hefty haul bud. I typically pull between 12 and 18 zips per 4x4. Some times when I have heavier producing strains I will do better than that an others worse. I would like to stay around 16 plus per 4x4 but trying to get the perpetual timing right doesnt always work.

Beautiful harvest Mr. Krip :high-five:
Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Did I miss the trimmer?

Thanks, Birdie! I don't believe I posted any pics of the trimmer, yet, but will post some later today when I trim up the Tut #2 small stuff!

How big is your flowering area? 18-20 zips is a pretty hefty haul bud. I typically pull between 12 and 18 zips per 4x4. Some times when I have heavier producing strains I will do better than that an others worse. I would like to stay around 16 plus per 4x4 but trying to get the perpetual timing right doesnt always work.

It's a 4'x4' and I'm really not complaining, at all! ;)
I think, though, with the right strain (notice, I didn't say "strains"!), the right training, right veg time, and enough light, I'm pretty sure I can get 4 plants each at 6-8 oz. per plant. The 24 oz. is more of a "target" and 32 oz. is more of a "goal". I'm not unhappy with 16+ zips - I just want MORE!!! :rofl::roorrip:

TUT #2 HARVESTED & HANGING!

I harvested Tut #2 today. Her main colas were bigger than Tut #1's mains, but she also had a lot of side branching with smaller, including a LOT of popcorn, nugs. The undersides of her sugar leaves are absolutely coated in trichomes and they look white.

I'm estimating about 4-5 oz. total, once dried.

Here's the harvested cola pile:

Trimmed up colas:

And, a bowl of smaller buds that will go in the trimmer:

Hanging in the tent to dry after bud washing:

Small buds taking 3 tiers in the dry net:

Some immediate satisfaction :yummy::

Happy Harvests!

K

Nice harvest Krip! Looks great so far! Hope that bud trimmer does it’s job well for you!

Back
Top Bottom