Tales From The Krip!

Looking dank bro. These buds would definately be a pleasure to smoke. It would be great if you can share the amount of yield in the end. Both dried and wet would be perfect. I hope I am not asking for too much :passitleft:

As much as I like to help, Brother, there's almost NO chance of me getting wet weights. I just don't take them because they really don't matter and am usually too busy on harvest day. That being said, you can figure you're gonna lose about 75-80% of the weight during the drying process.

I will try to post the dry weights! ;)

As much as I like to help, Brother, there's almost NO chance of me getting wet weights. I just don't take them because they really don't matter. That being said, you can figure you're gonna lose about 75-80% of the weight during the drying process.

I will try to post the dry weights! ;)

Thanks and that would be fair enough.

The thing is I have been reading some stuff mentioning the same thing. Most people agree that wet weight would lose around %70-%80 after drying. When I grow indica strains like White Widow or Exodus Cheese, weight lose was around %45-50. I always manage to control humidity and achieve a slow drying. Maybe these were 2 exceptions for me. Or maybe the branches lose less weight than buds because I don't prefer removing the buds from branches and therefore I weigh some thick ones that buds form around.

Or maybe I should just stop weighing wet material :smokin:

Thanks and that would be fair enough.

The thing is I have been reading some stuff mentioning the same thing. Most people agree that wet weight would lose around %70-%80 after drying. When I grow indica strains like White Widow or Exodus Cheese, weight lose was around %45-50. I always manage to control humidity and achieve a slow drying. Maybe these were 2 exceptions for me. Or maybe the branches lose less weight than buds because I don't prefer removing the buds from branches and therefore I weigh some thick ones that buds form around.

Or maybe I should just stop weighing wet material :smokin:

Not sure Brother! Could have been anything from not taring the scale correctly to the buds getting "dry on the vine" before you actually harvested them (especially if you let them go a long time or they got too close to the lights, for example), to... you name it!

I do need to ask, though... After all the measuring of wet weights, what info is learned that helps in the next grow? :hmmmm:

As best I can tell, assuming you're not using the product wet, it's only a way to estimate dry weight for those that can't wait to get the actual number! :rofl:

Not sure Brother! Could have been anything from not taring the scale correctly to the buds getting "dry on the vine" before you actually harvested them (especially if you let them go a long time or they got too close to the lights, for example), to... you name it!

I do need to ask, though... After all the measuring of wet weights, what info is learned that helps in the next grow? :hmmmm:

As best I can tell, assuming you're not using the product wet, it's only a way to estimate dry weight for those that can't wait to get the actual number! :rofl:

I was thinking the same thing Krip. Why would anyone need to know wet weight. Some folks don't even weigh once dry. I HAVE to know for my own personal satisfaction.

Congrats on the MOTM nomination brother! :high-five:

I was thinking the same thing Krip. Why would anyone need to know wet weight. Some folks don't even weigh once dry. I HAVE to know for my own personal satisfaction.

Congrats on the MOTM nomination brother! :high-five:

I agree. Wet weight doesn’t help improve anything from grow to grow.

But the dry weight is always a personal thing I must document lol

Your garden is coming along very nicely Krip! It didn't take much for you to adjust to the kit.
When all I had was blurple lights I could get some really cool pics by turning the white balance all the way down in the picture settings before snapping the pics. It brings out the plant colors and leaves a haunting blurple shade in the background. Some of them really turn out cool.

There is nothing to help for my next grow actually. I was just wondering in what range the weight gets lost in drying period.

I let them sit in dark for 48 hours before harvest. Maybe the soil gets completely dry and therefore buds get more dry on the vine. I don't burn the buds with light and I don't think that affects the weight loss but I also think that buds can't go dry on the vine in 48 hours. I keep them cured in jars with B62 packs btw.

I agree that there is no point knowing the wet weight since we smoke buds dried and cured. I just want to estimate dry weight roughly by weighing the wet material. I believe we can say %20-25 will remain when dried then.

Your garden is coming along very nicely Krip! It didn't take much for you to adjust to the kit.
When all I had was blurple lights I could get some really cool pics by turning the white balance all the way down in the picture settings before snapping the pics. It brings out the plant colors and leaves a haunting blurple shade in the background. Some of them really turn out cool.

Thanks, Brother! Yeah, the kit is pretty easy. The biggest adjustment has been that I purchased the kit over a year ago and am just getting the first chance to use it. It appears that, since that time, some of the instructions/recommendations have changed a little, so it's just been a matter of getting a handle on those changes (like adding first run amendment to 2nd run soil! I'm almost positive there was no amendment for this in the original instructions! ;) ). Beyond that, it's incredibly simple compared to most other methods.

It also turns out that I've been feeding light the entire time while I thought I was feeding heavy (I was using dosages printed on the bottles - I guess that changed, too!), so I'm looking forward to pushing it some more on the next round.

I'll try messing with the white balance and see what happens. The only time I've done this I actually balanced the white to "true" under the LED's and the resulting pictures all looked "tinny", like this:

Well, that bud picture looks like a promising Christmas tree!!!!!!!!

Actually, that was from my 2L soda bottle SOG grow, so that plant was only a couple of feet tall and would have yielded between 1/4-1/2 oz. only, but, I had 24 of those in flower at any given time and would harvest 4-8 plants every two weeks, or so.

Here's a couple pics of that SOG grow:

HUGE Pineapple Express (for a 2L container!):

A few of my old Bonsai Moms:

Back
Top Bottom