Talk About A Stubborn Clone - 3 Pics

Curly Beaver

This is a duplicate post, I had put it under pics of plants and it did not get many views and I could use some advice. If you want to see the thread (very short) it is here: Talk about a stubborn clone
I have 2 more flowering clones that are in better shape, but I'm not to sure how to go about trimming them. I am starting to wonder if all that thick undergrowth is sapping up the energy on the PK-XL in particular. Are you supposed to trim them, or let them go? I will include all 3 this time, and comments about what should be done are welcome. I know one is starting to look thirsty..they get fed tomorrow :)
First is the PK-XL. I need to figure out how to jump start it.
PKXL4.jpg

Next is a Grand Daddy Purple
GDP67.jpg

And a Durga Mata ll CBD.
DM14.jpg

What do you think, should I trim them or let them go?
Thanks

I am learning right along with you, but IMO, plants that size don't need to be cleaned up.
I'd wait to do that until you get some growth going. Flowering clones can take quite a while to revert. How long have they been "vegging"?

I am learning right along with you, but IMO, plants that size don't need to be cleaned up.
I'd wait to do that until you get some growth going. Flowering clones can take quite a while to revert. How long have they been "vegging"?

The GDP and Durga Mata were taken 11/17... from a flowering plant.
The PK-XL was taken on 12/7 from a plant only 1 week away from harvest. This one I knew would be tough but I wanted to try it.
The GPD and PK-XL are bushy rascals while the Durga Mata looks more like a normal clone.

Another week of slow but steady growth:
PainKiller XL
pkxla1.jpg
PKXLb1.jpg

And the Grand Daddy Purple:
6f17d5cc-2e3b-45e9-b182-acd7e79183e8_1_.jpg
79dc9bf6-32f6-44a1-869c-d54ec8deca0b.jpg

And Durga Mata ll CBD:
9cc0b9c8-d76e-42d5-84f4-403569317f1f.jpg
601f41d7-ee33-4e7f-8e90-b441dfa1c83e.jpg

We are going on vacation in 8 days. I was hoping everything would be in flower at that time but I am not happy with where they are growth wise. Not sure if I should just put them in flower and take what I can get or rig up a temporary veg space to keep them in 18/6 longer. I wanted to make it simple for the person that will be checking and watering them when needed. Decisions, decisions....

I am happy to report that my ugly duckling is looking better every day. (IMHO)

She was up-potted to 5 gallon 4 weeks ago, and then went into 12/12 ten days ago.

This is the end of PK-XL for me. I honed my cloning skills on this one and had a lot of fun with that one seed, but it's time to move on and get ready for my first summer grow.

So here she is before being trimmed up.
PK112.jpg
PK29.jpg

And while this flowering clone wasn't nearly as hard to bring around, I don't have a thread going for it but I wanted to show it off anyway :)
It was taken at the same time the above PK-XL was.
It is a clone off of the Durga Mata ll, put into 12/12 ten days ago too....(trimmed after pic was taken.)
DM16.jpg
DM25.jpg

If you are going on extended leave, you might consider putting each plant in a clear plastic bag to keep them from drying out. You COULD lower the lights a tad to slow their growth while away, but that is up to you.

Back
Top Bottom