Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Another forum I am a member on did exactly the same except they didn't close the original thread so members could choose which thread they got info from.
The new recipes and instructions were posted in the new thread and that was all that was allowed no comments. It was like a mirror of the main thread with the same info in both. Just the bare bones in the new one to make it easier for people who only wanted recipes and results without the banter.
Its still only 3 pages long so easy to reference while the open thread is way too long for research but a lot more entertaining.
Can you PM me the link??

I think the best we will get is a set of general guidelines

Exactly. Hence my sciency testy comments to get those general guidelines, like say a shorter ferment produces more narcotic effects while a longer ferment has euphoric effects, or an earlier harvest has you flying through space but a later harvest has you snoring your head off. These are made up examples and yeah different plants will have different effects but hopefully by narrowing in on what variables do what you can find out those basic guidelines, but if you don't narrow in on what variable does what then you'd have no idea what variable caused what effect (say what caused that awsome space flight, was it the lights, nutrients, harvest window, cold/hot snap, not amber, long/short cure, long/short ferment, etc). Isolate each thing you wanna test for as best as possible to learn what each thing does alone then later you can mix variables, like maybe Indica's go great with a 2 week cure and 4 week ferment but Sativa's work best with a 6 week cure and 2 week ferment (completely made up, this probably isn't the best), but it will be much harder to figure that stuff out unless you figure out what each variable alone does.

Sorry if I get too analytical. I really need to get into cobbing so I can get out of my head and into outer space. I should probably stop derailing the conversation until I start doing this myself, so I'll wait for the updated 'how-to' guide and equipment list so I can get everything I need and get cobbing.

It’s a challenge I’ve been skirting since I arrived here. Every thread I open has the potential to blow up into hundreds of pages of shares joy. :battingeyelashes: I like that idea Tangwena.

Red Diesel May have been drier than the previous cobs. She still has that sweet edge to her perfume that tells me she fermented. :yahoo:

So beautiful, aren’t they?

I smoked four tiny hits of the canary. I am devastated. :rofl:

Off to lunch at the senior center. Then I call BINGO! for the gathered crowd. Lol! This’ll be a great time.

@tangwena, I already oooze love for others, but I get what you mean about looking into their souls. :battingeyelashes: I love this buzz.

Awww.... we like your salty ass. Please don’t leave. We can learn not to be offended by each other. :hug:

I didn't leave last time, I offended someone and got booted out the door for "anger issues, complaining, pestering, trolling" :rofl: I get the anger issues but the rest? Seriously? I snuck back in anyways if you didn't notice. Shhh don't tell anyone. I thought it was a bit rough for requesting an easy and simple to use drag-and-drop image upload system that others have also agreed would be a great addition (especially since we had it on the previous website). But I won't bring that up again or my salty ass might get shown the door again.

It’s a challenge I’ve been skirting since I arrived here. Every thread I open has the potential to blow up into hundreds of pages of shares joy. :battingeyelashes: I like that idea Tangwena.

Red Diesel May have been drier than the previous cobs. She still has that sweet edge to her perfume that tells me she fermented. :yahoo:

So beautiful, aren’t they?

I smoked four tiny hits of the canary. I am devastated. :rofl:

Off to lunch at the senior center. Then I call BINGO! for the gathered crowd. Lol! This’ll be a great time.

@tangwena, I already oooze love for others, but I get what you mean about looking into their souls. :battingeyelashes: I love this buzz.
You showed me yours so heres some of mine I have over a dozen maybe two I never bothered to count.
These are the older cobs I have dried and sealed but not vacuumed any more.
The earliest is from 2013 up to 2016 so all well aged.
The white sugar on the mulanji is bloom just salts and oils ect that have crystalised.
The Chopper Read is better than Paki black hash to smoke and just as sweet. But with a much better high very up beat and trippy chewed it was produced by a good friend Uniborzum from Australia.

The reason we all would like the link is not to join another forum, but maybe to glean just a tidbit of info we had not seen or thought of. I to would like you to PM a link if its another place other then IC as that is where I found the info I shared with @SweetSue .

The reason we all would like the link is not to join another forum, but maybe to glean just a tidbit of info we had not seen or thought of. I to would like you to PM a link if its another place other then IC as that is where I found the info I shared with @SweetSue .
I would post it no problem but its a private forum you have to be invited. It only has about 400 members so its a bit slow compared to here.
I can invite you all if you like its not a big deal just very secure and private. Growing wise you guys have the same skills you wouldn't learn anything but it is the birth place of cobbing as you know it.
Some very cool old hippies formed it to share seeds ect. Unfortunately the dont give out day passes you have to be invited.
Meanwhile back at the range I have taken a tripping dose of Panama x Honduras so Can you feel the love its radiating out of me like a rainbow my friend.
I just love all you guys to death lets party bro.

You showed me yours so heres some of mine I have over a dozen maybe two I never bothered to count.
These are the older cobs I have dried and sealed but not vacuumed any more.
The earliest is from 2013 up to 2016 so all well aged.
The white sugar on the mulanji is bloom just salts and oils ect that have crystalised.
The Chopper Read is better than Paki black hash to smoke and just as sweet. But with a much better high very up beat and trippy chewed it was produced by a good friend Uniborzum from Australia.

One word: Yum :goodjob::drool:

I would post it no problem but its a private forum you have to be invited. It only has about 400 members so its a bit slow compared to here.
I can invite you all if you like its not a big deal just very secure and private. Growing wise you guys have the same skills you wouldn't learn anything but it is the birth place of cobbing as you know it.
Some very cool old hippies formed it to share seeds ect. Unfortunately the dont give out day passes you have to be invited.
Meanwhile back at the range I have taken a tripping dose of Panama x Honduras so Can you feel the love its radiating out of me like a rainbow my friend.
I just love all you guys to death lets party bro.

We aren't permitted to share links to other cannabis sites or blogs, for security purposes mostly, but we share names of sites and other info in the private message system, which this platform so playfully called "conversations." Lol!

The birthplace of this marvelous process I fall more in love with every day you say? Intriguing. I'm the quintessential expression of the aging hippie. They'd feel safe with me. Lol! It'd be an honor to be invited, though to be honest, I am stretched thin these days. Not that it seems to slow me down. :battingeyelashes:

Ok guys...... Red Diesel, fresh out of the fermentation process and so delicious and euphoric at this early stage that I couldn't resist cutting the bag open and pulling off a piece to play with for the next couple days.

I'll be setting up a space for taking cob pictures under the new Timber Vero29. It's like I'm standing in sunlight! :yahoo:

Three teeny hits in the bowl of the bong and I was devastated. By far the most potent of the cobs I've done to date. This is one I may need to grow again. I can only imagine what it'll be like in another three months. Whew! This is stronger than Carnival!

Not as motivating and energetic as Carnival, but hot damn! I'm f'n high! :slide:

Going to see The Incredibles 2 this afternoon. This should be interesting, eh? Lol!

Hey guys! Quick question..what is the typical change in wt through the curing process? So for example..if you put 2 oz in the cob at appropriate moisture level how much do you have 2 months later? Ball park. And how does that compare to the typical dry wt after a couple months of jar curing? Thanks in advance.

Not as motivating and energetic as Carnival, but hot damn! I'm f'n high! :slide:

Going to see The Incredibles 2 this afternoon. This should be interesting, eh? Lol!
I loved the first Incredibles movie! Animation has come a long way! Scooby is still my all time favorite though! And although not animated I'm a huge Three Stooges fan!!!! :cool:

Hey guys! Quick question..what is the typical change in wt through the curing process? So for example..if you put 2 oz in the cob at appropriate moisture level how much do you have 2 months later? Ball park. And how does that compare to the typical dry wt after a couple months of jar curing? Thanks in advance.
I have never bothered comparing but it would be very close to the same all you loose is moisture. Its the size thats different being more compact but weight would be very close to the same.

I happened to check my Stankberry cob tonight when I opened it 3 weeks into the cure. When I started the cob, I used 45 grams of 2 day dried buds. Tonight after the sweat, fermentation, and 3 weeks of cure.....I had 40 grams. So I only lost 5 grams in a month of the process. Very good weight retention.

I think that the same volume of cob is heavier than the dry flower. Forgive me as I am very medicated and can't really find the words to describe what I am trying to say. I am saying that if I ground up regular dry flower and filled up my bowl it would weigh (an example .5 grams). Now if I was to grind up enough to fill that same bowl......you are going to use probably closer to a gram.

I am still struggling with the grinding up part. Can tell I definitely need to let mine dry a bit more. Hopefully that will make it easier to grind and smoke!

I happened to check my Stankberry cob tonight when I opened it 3 weeks into the cure. When I started the cob, I used 45 grams of 2 day dried buds. Tonight after the sweat, fermentation, and 3 weeks of cure.....I had 40 grams. So I only lost 5 grams in a month of the process. Very good weight retention.

I think that the same volume of cob is heavier than the dry flower. Forgive me as I am very medicated and can't really find the words to describe what I am trying to say. I am saying that if I ground up regular dry flower and filled up my bowl it would weigh (an example .5 grams). Now if I was to grind up enough to fill that same bowl......you are going to use probably closer to a gram.

I am still struggling with the grinding up part. Can tell I definitely need to let mine dry a bit more. Hopefully that will make it easier to grind and smoke!
Try chopping it up into rocks then light them like you would a piece of charcoal one cube glowing in the bowl will smoke very nicely as you pull on it if its dry enough to smoke.

Try chopping it up into rocks then light them like you would a piece of charcoal one cube glowing in the bowl will smoke very nicely as you pull on it if its dry enough to smoke.

I haven’t even attempted to grind. Lol! These puppies are dense! I have an old Ginsu knife I use for slicing the more moist ones, but I usually just grab the kitchen shears to clip off an end and tear it apart with my fingers like a savage. :battingeyelashes:

Starting the day with a 0.3 gram chew of the Red Diesel to compare to yesterday’s floating on smoked cob. I don’t often stop with a singular administration of my favorite plant, having access to bud, oil, capsules, cobs, or brownies and appreciating the ride as I do. :battingeyelashes: This can make it challenging for me to test things. Lol!

People request my evaluation of different chemovars they’ve grown all the time. It’s a bigger challenge in my life than I’d realized until I brought it up here. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom