Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Wow Sue rocks, like everyone here doesn’t already know that. :adore:

I’ve got a big day at work, so figured I’d start it off right with Sue’s Carnival cob rolled in to nice a joint. Thanks so much, for all you do Sue!

Little tip don’t roll cob joints too tightly or they can very quickly resin up and clog. Smaller joints seem to work burn better and more even than fat ones. They burn nice and slow already no need to over pack them.
:passitleft:

Interesting idea. I am saving some 160 filtered hash to add to my next set of cobs. Maybe a bit of 90 filtered too if there is any left. I think in the future several in the group will experiment and expand the process and the experience of cobbing.

I have an idea floating around to flatten the buds first, add oil then hash and roll the whole thing up like a sushi roll cob. Too many possibilities, just need a harvest to try them out. I grow to experience new levels of high and relaxation. I want to see if pain can be reduced by new methods. I'm not a scientist by any means just a guy loving this new method of drying weed.

You sir, are the epitome of what I was hoping would happen when this adventure started. :hug: Please, take pictures of the process when you find it impossible to resist that urge any longer. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Wow Sue rocks, like everyone here doesn’t already know that. :adore:

I’ve got a big day at work, so figured I’d start it off right with Sue’s Carnival cob rolled in to nice a joint. Thanks so much, for all you do Sue!

Little tip don’t roll cob joints too tightly or they can very quickly resin up and clog. Smaller joints seem to work burn better and more even than fat ones. They burn nice and slow already no need to over pack them.
:passitleft:

Aww Doob..... thanks ... :passitleft:

Quite the motivator, isn't she?

I knew you'd like it, and the cob bits in particular. :hug: When you harvest your first plant, grown in DBHBB soil, you're gonna love making your own.

What I'm really waiting for is the cobs made with DDA. :slide: The energy of that chemovar is unlike any other. I get tremors from the buds. Lol!

Now I'm thinking a kief Cob.

Whoa! :eek: Take lots of pictures when you do lol!

I discovered in processing that the plant that came to me as a Lemon Haze, then identified by the original grower as a sativa-leaning Black D.O.G., and I thought might be a Red Diesel is indeed a Black D.O.G. The buds of the chemovar are quite distinctive. They look just like this:

I trimmed the buds from the branches and began preparing them for fermentation.

Speaking of which.... I recently found this herb stripper on a clearance shelf at the local Target.

You insert the end of the branch into a hole and pull....

...depositing the buds in the cup. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It made a nice bunch of buds to ferment. Already somewhat squished together. Here were the buds I put in a jar for the new process.

Perfect humidity levels. :yahoo:

The remaining buds were intended to become a fermented slab, like canna jerky. :battingeyelashes:

I’d intended to do a small jar of buds but the accessory port of my FiidSaver isn’t cooperating, so this may not be an option for me.

If canna Jerky works out it won’t matter. Lol! I sure wanted it to work though. I’m not giving up, but this time I improvised.

This is not something I’d recommend, and when it comes time to open it to switch out the paper towel I’ll make some changes, but for now it looks like it’ll work.

The jar sealers don't remove all the oxygen, they seal the jar. I’ve done essentially the same thing, leaving a chamber in the bottom.

My original intent was to have more surface area exposed by laying the jar on its side. Some buds got a little smashed before I realized what I’d done. Lol!

Into the dehydrator. I’ll check in 6 hours and figure out how I want to do the next stage with the jar. I may simply repeat this. My fear is breaking the jar. As I stated, this isn’t something I’d recommend any of you try.

So it’s not the sativa I was planning on, but it’ll still be top shelf and if nothing else @Jgrowlove will have some kickin’ canna jerky.

I still have one branch hanging for comparison.

It’s been a good day. :slide: Haven’t had time to get high. Let me amend that with some Carnival cob.

Heya Cobsters!!! Just a cruise through our little virtual neighborhood! Hope everyone is happy and high! Keep those cobs comin!!!:passitleft:

Whoa! :eek: Take lots of pictures when you do lol!

I discovered in processing that the plant that came to me as a Lemon Haze, then identified by the original grower as a sativa-leaning Black D.O.G., and I thought might be a Red Diesel is indeed a Black D.O.G. The buds of the chemovar are quite distinctive. They look just like this:

I trimmed the buds from the branches and began preparing them for fermentation.

Speaking of which.... I recently found this herb stripper on a clearance shelf at the local Target.

You insert the end of the branch into a hole and pull....

...depositing the buds in the cup. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It made a nice bunch of buds to ferment. Already somewhat squished together. Here were the buds I put in a jar for the new process.

Perfect humidity levels. :yahoo:

The remaining buds were intended to become a fermented slab, like canna jerky. :battingeyelashes:

I’d intended to do a small jar of buds but the accessory port of my FiidSaver isn’t cooperating, so this may not be an option for me.

If canna Jerky works out it won’t matter. Lol! I sure wanted it to work though. I’m not giving up, but this time I improvised.

This is not something I’d recommend, and when it comes time to open it to switch out the paper towel I’ll make some changes, but for now it looks like it’ll work.

The jar sealers don't remove all the oxygen, they seal the jar. I’ve done essentially the same thing, leaving a chamber in the bottom.

My original intent was to have more surface area exposed by laying the jar on its side. Some buds got a little smashed before I realized what I’d done. Lol!

Into the dehydrator. I’ll check in 6 hours and figure out how I want to do the next stage with the jar. I may simply repeat this. My fear is breaking the jar. As I stated, this isn’t something I’d recommend any of you try.

So it’s not the sativa I was planning on, but it’ll still be top shelf and if nothing else @Jgrowlove will have some kickin’ canna jerky.

I still have one branch hanging for comparison.

It’s been a good day. :slide: Haven’t had time to get high. Let me amend that with some Carnival cob.

Excellent photo tutorial as usual Sue
That Black D.O.G. looks very nice.

It will be very interesting to see how this turns out.
My vac sealer doesn't have a jar option so I will be doing some sort of similar experimenting to see what can be done.
With due care off course. :)

Peace

Build a cobatron.... Seed mat, foam cooler and a STC-1000 off flea bay and you can set it at any temp and walk away. Will hold within 1-2 degrees. Mine is the cats meow.
Care to share any pictures?

I cobbed Ayahuasca Purple. It's been curing for 2 months and I just started drying it out. Along with Gigabud they are doing fantastic. The Ayahuasca Purple is very trippy and has a lasting impact on pain and relaxation. Gigabud will make you soar with the eagles. It's more a hybrid than a sativa. Both are better as cobs than loose flower in my opinion.
ES

Looks and sounds very nice.
How was the flowering time on that AP ? Did it finish as quick as Barney claims?
I must add it to my list, I have mainly been looking at the sativa end for psychedelic effects.

Peace

Care to share any pictures?
I have never used the stc - 1000 and would be curious as to how it hooks to the heat mat.

I will get some pics up later showing it in some detail. It is as easy as my description though. There are a few others here that are building one. I am sure they will chime in as soon as they test them for a little bit.

I myself would like to mount them in project box like my Cool Mist cloner timer. It looks so neat and tiddy. Now I just have it separate so I can move it around easy. Pic blast to come in a couple minutes.

Back
Top Bottom