Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Beautiful Nick. :thumb: I’ve been smoking Amnesia Haze lately, and I think you’re in for a sweet ride.

One time at least, try grinding some cob and mixing it with a bit of coconut oil and liquid sunflower lecithin. Let it sit for a few hours, taking it in and out of liquid/solid form a few times if you’re in an area cold enough to make the coconut oil go solid.

This’ll enhance your bioavailability, and may increase your sense of euphoria.

I suggest coconut oil because it gets to the liver faster and it should give you a faster onset than olive oil would.

Thank you, Sue. My Amnesia is mainly sativa, and I'm looking forward to try the cobs. I'll put another sativa in the cobatron within the week - Gorilla Glue. I screwed up badly on my previous attempt with the gorilla cobs, both with the plant and by over cobbing. Now everything is different, the plant is beautiful and I've learnt my lesson about cobbing too hard.

I'll try it the way you suggest. I could only find soy lecithin here, but if you say sunflower lecithin would work better, I'll try to find some. I'll make the oil go hard in the fridge and runny at room temp.

The latest addition to my cobs family. These are Amnesia cobs that have been sweated at 37-38C for 24 hrs.

You nailed it brother give them a month to age and they will start to get magic in them lovely job.

You nailed it brother give them a month to age and they will start to get magic in them lovely job.

Thank you, cob master tangwena :Namaste:

@tangwena when sampling at intervals I do both taste and smoke flavor. You got any pointers on either in what you look for and why?
Hi my friend I should be asking you that question because I am sure you already have a very good idea of what flavors you are after.
Any of the myriad of flavors the raw fresh buds have with a fermented deep sweet aroma are good flavor wise and usually the high follows.
But personally all the classic sativa smells, pine, menthol, lemons ect . Just try to get the cobs at their fruitiest during your inspections.
The best way to loose them is to not inspect regularly and over ferment them.
The smoke should be aromatic like hashish smoke.

Check out this bud of Panama x Purple Haze its been 2 weeks since harvest it smells crazy of fermented fruit with a skunky pine smell.
I have dried the cobs for aging as I want to hold this level of cure it should be real trippy like a moist hash in 2 or 3 months in a vacuum bag ha ha.
Check out the golden colors I remember breaking open cobs and finding like a golden resin running like a gold vein through some cobs in Malawi once.
user409906_pic1956645_1561522605.jpg
user409906_pic1956643_1561522605.jpg

Ya, I have played around a bit with different times and here is what I have found. From chart on page 1.

If you sweat them longer they get way darker. Loose flavors a lot, effects are still there. Smoke is like a hot air. Flavor is just bland.

If you ferment them for a longer time you get the same effects as long sweat.

Hitting the sweat time on the head is the key. Then ferment and cure are the play ground.

Ya, I have played around a bit with different times and here is what I have found. From chart on page 1.

If you sweat them longer they get way darker. Loose flavors a lot, effects are still there. Smoke is like a hot air. Flavor is just bland.

If you ferment them for a longer time you get the same effects as long sweat.

Hitting the sweat time on the head is the key. Then ferment and cure are the play ground.
Yes the sweat time is the most crucial that and the moisture content.
Lately I have been sweating only 6 to 12 hours and fermenting around 3 to 5 days then drying every 4 or 5 days depending on the storage temps.

But that is only with these Panama hybrid buds different buds will need different treatment.
Thats the beauty of curing its very personalized 6 people could be given the same buds and you will end up with 6 different cures.

There is plenty of scope for great cures that would be impossible to copy unless you had the exact same recipe even then its the small personal touches that create the top notch cures.
Small boutique producers will always have the edge over large scale commercial producers.

This round I done a 24 hour sweat and I am at 6 days and they are on table drying down some. Had to wipe juice out of bag. Will leave them out for a few hours then back to Cob-A-Tron for a few days before next check.

At 5 AM the alarm pulls me from sleep. Bouncing out of bed I head for the cob stash as soon as I finish the morning tinkle. I weigh out 0.2 grams and chew while dressing. Out the door by 5:30, in time to watch the sunrise and those glorious lavender waves that follow.

Somewhere around 7 AM, lifting my head to admire one more natural wonder, I’ll notice the cob really starting to take effect. It feels like a morning kiss from the cosmos. :meditate:

At 5 AM the alarm pulls me from sleep. Bouncing out of bed I head for the cob stash as soon as I finish the morning tinkle. I weigh out 0.2 grams and chew while dressing. Out the door by 5:30, in time to watch the sunrise and those glorious lavender waves that follow.

Somewhere around 7 AM, lifting my head to admire one more natural wonder, I’ll notice the cob really starting to take effect. It feels like a morning kiss from the cosmos. :meditate:
We are on the same path sister I cant function without cob and espresso the two things that make my day.
Demolishing a part of a house today and can't wait to start chewing some M x E cob.
Stand back give me room to swing the sledge hammer haha

Tangwena and Sweet Sue. Thank you so much for your info and techniques. They've really meant a lot while perfecting my own method. Although my finished cobs look nothing like yours, more like a stiff brown turd, lol. But the results are amazing. Perhaps we could bounce ideas off one another. Any insight to your knowledge world be greatly appreciated.

I see you did leave a message here. :laughtwo:

Welcome to the game Noodles. :hug:

Panama x Purple Haze

Here are some pics after harvest, after sweating and 2 weeks later in jar aging.

user409906_pic1950770_1559431300.jpg
user409906_pic1950536_1559348296.jpg
user409906_pic1953503_1560300961.jpg
user409906_pic1953502_1560300961.jpg

Did you do sweating and fermenting of these buds without using vacuum and compression?

Back
Top Bottom