Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I finally got around to checking on my cobs. It seems that my inattention to this might have ruined 2 of the cobs. We shall see. I hope to be able to salvage something of this.

As you will recall I used a handheld device for vacuum sealing of zipper bags made for this process. Three of the cobs are ok and just for the heck of it, I'll start a drying process which will stop fermentation.

The first 3 appear ok and I'll look at them more closely with the microscope later just to be sure.

The second set of cobs were from a different harvest and apparently the bag failed in some way and I have a couple of nice mold casulties. What I'll probably do is spray these 2 with vinegar and see if I can remove the offensive white stuff at some point. Oh well.

Silly FAIL

Just kinda think of it as dry aged steak. Just have to remove the outside cover to get to the good stuff!

I finally got around to checking on my cobs. It seems that my inattention to this might have ruined 2 of the cobs. We shall see. I hope to be able to salvage something of this.

As you will recall I used a handheld device for vacuum sealing of zipper bags made for this process. Three of the cobs are ok and just for the heck of it, I'll start a drying process which will stop fermentation.

The first 3 appear ok and I'll look at them more closely with the microscope later just to be sure.

The second set of cobs were from a different harvest and apparently the bag failed in some way and I have a couple of nice mold casulties. What I'll probably do is spray these 2 with vinegar and see if I can remove the offensive white stuff at some point. Oh well.

Silly FAIL

Hi my friend just dry them and the mold will dry up then make oil out of them I wouldn't chuck them myself.

Hi my friend just dry them and the mold will dry up then make oil out of them I wouldn't chuck them myself.
I don't plan on chucking them. Don't really have a plan but they won't be wasted. I have started the drying.

I really like the way these things smoke. The taste is quite nice and very smooth....something that has my interest.

My last ingestion was .4 grams and had almost the same effect as my infused oil capsules. I'll continue to do some chewing and will increase the amount to find the right dose.

I have another harvest that's been in the barn for a couple of days. I'll make a few more. Cheers tangwena.

High folks.
It's been a while between posts so I thought I would contribute.

This selection of cobs below are at 30 days cure.

Same cobs a few weeks later.

I tried the Tut cob aged at 60 days and the stone has been replaced by a euphoric high.
The stuff burns so slow and little half gram pieces seem to last forever in the bowl.

I cant wait to try full sativas. ;)

High folks.

I tried the Tut cob aged at 60 days and the stone has been replaced by a euphoric high.
The stuff burns so slow and little half gram pieces seem to last forever in the bowl.

1st- Hey @Stage glad to see your still around. :welcome:

2nd - Those COBs look good, some are leaning towards COB'ing most of their harvest. Do you feel it is better than regular flowers?

2nd - Those COBs look good, some are leaning towards COB'ing most of their harvest. Do you feel it is better than regular flowers?

High OL and thank you.
They're different. I'll always enjoy jar cured.

Stage!...Sup Brotha!?...good to see Ya back on the boards...:thumb::high-five:...Yeah these cobs eh!...interesting stuff...I just recently smoked some rehydrated Purple Mexican cobs...It's smoother than the same stuff out of the jar, and the aroma has changed as well...will be fun to try with fresh produce...but, that wont be for a while...anyways...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:...

High folks.

Wow, they look amazing, I will have to try these some day.
Did I mention my other love is cured Jamon Iberica, these cobs remind me of top quality air dried meats, a real artisan product, I bet they are just as tasty :)

Whoa! It's been busy around here today.

High OL and thank you.
They're different. I'll always enjoy jar cured.

You're only one month in Stage. I'd hold off on that proclaimation of preference until you've cured them all the way. :battingeyelashes: They sure are pretty, and points for the creative presentation. :high-five: This stuff is bringing out the best in all of you.

The Blue Albinos are taking on that leathery quality one of my cobs has. I'm too far from home to check my notes, but I was curious as to how moist they were going into the vacuumed bags?

@MagicJim, ouch! You'll find a way to salvage it, you creative man. Every time this comes up I remember the moldy Mexican brick weed we smoked in the 80s. It had a distinctive taste and got us higher than shit. Lol! No, I'm not suggesting. Lol! Sure would be a bonus to have a testing facility available to us, wouldn't it? Someday it'll be relatively inexpensive to have your cannabis product tested. Whomever comes up with the business model will make a ton of money.

And Van.... :yahoo: You've finally joined in the grand experiment! :yahoo: Is the wife as excited? Lol!

I turned around and ran into that lovely picture from Hook, which reminded me that tomorrow I'll be able to have some Dark Devil Auto. *contented sigh* Chris has a cob of the DDA too. And a Carnival cob. Lol! I'm overwhelmed by cob possibilities. :slide: I'll spread samples out over the final four days I'm here in Phoenix. It's been mostly Carnival flower up to this point.

Sure was a shame that I never got to taste Doob's cobs. Another time my friend. :hug: I'll be back in San Diego again.

Last, but not least, @Pyr0, I've been distracted by vacation, but I don't recall you posting here before, so a hearty :welcome: to our latest playground. We make this look very tempting, don't we? Lol! How soon 'till you're in a position to give a cob a try?

Last, but not least, @Pyr0, I've been distracted by vacation, but I don't recall you posting here before, so a hearty :welcome: to our latest playground. We make this look very tempting, don't we? Lol! How soon 'till you're in a position to give a cob a try?

I've been lurking for a while. I never thought I would have the patience to make a cob and I never have enough to spare. I have a White Widow and a Blueberry that should be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks so I will have to try.
I've also got a Dark Devil AutoAuto like you but that's just popped 2 weeks ago.
And I have a Jack Herer and Amnesia Haze just flipped to 12/12 a couple of weeks ago. All growing in small cabinets so will only get an Oz or 2 per plant.
I've more reading to catch up on but soaking it all in.

Oh also I'm just starting to experiment with hempy so I'll have to post in your other thread.

Cheers

It's 3am and I'm legitimately peaceful. This is uncharacteristic on a number of levels and could be attributed to a number of things of course, but it's hard to feel as if the cob isn't partially responsible.
I've been upbeat all day, working in the garden and puffing merrily on my tester cob as I please. A little overindulgence, but my goodness aren't these things a delight?
It's still too early, I know, but that's what the tester was for haha.

Speaking of too early, I'm up waaaaay past my bedtime.
Argh. Thank you. I'm blissed out.

High and good afternoon Sue.
The cobs in last set of pics with the white background are more than two months old.

The Blue Albinos were drier than I usually cob. They were dry for 3 days instead of the usual 24 hour dry.

Whoa! It's been busy around here today.

You're only one month in Stage. I'd hold off on that proclaimation of preference until you've cured them all the way. :battingeyelashes: They sure are pretty, and points for the creative presentation. :high-five: This stuff is bringing out the best in all of you.

The Blue Albinos are taking on that leathery quality one of my cobs has. I'm too far from home to check my notes, but I was curious as to how moist they were going into the vacuumed bags?

High and good afternoon Sue.
The cobs in last set of pics with the white background are more than two months old.

The Blue Albinos were drier than I usually cob. They were dry for 3 days instead of the usual 24 hour dry.

OK....my cob was the rehydrated Devil’s Carnival. Either the moisture layer or some combination of things we don't understand creates this leathery quality.

I was visiting Chris Scorpio today, making oil and pain cream and exploring his collection of buds......and cobs! :yahoo:

I took enough to get me through the next four days, until I'm home again. I smoked a couple small bowls of DDA and WHOA! What a rush, and I mean a flow of energy connecting me to the ground and coursing through my body. For a good couple minutes I couldn't move. Lol! One of the most amazing experiences I've had, and then I repeated it with the second bowl.

And that's only after a month in cure. I'm chewing a small piece of the DDA cob as I type. :yahoo: I have to see what they offer through the gut. I'll be planting two DDAs as soon as I get home - that may be the very first thing I do after putting down the suitcase as a matter of fact. Lol!

I'll be starting my mornings with a chew of Carnival, following up in the early afternoon with a chew of DDA, and finishing out my days with capsules of ATF, all courtesy of Chris. :circle-of-love:

It's 3am and I'm legitimately peaceful. This is uncharacteristic on a number of levels and could be attributed to a number of things of course, but it's hard to feel as if the cob isn't partially responsible.
I've been upbeat all day, working in the garden and puffing merrily on my tester cob as I please. A little overindulgence, but my goodness aren't these things a delight?
It's still too early, I know, but that's what the tester was for haha.

Speaking of too early, I'm up waaaaay past my bedtime.
Argh. Thank you. I'm blissed out.

This was sweet to read as the effects of the cob I chose to chew at 2:45 PM starts to kick in. Lol! I think I’ll be sharing the “Argh” before I’m through. Haha.

Blissed out. That’s an excellent way to describe this unique euphoric experience.

I have a birthday party to go to later, and I suspect I’ll be in the best mood of anyone attending. :slide:

High SweetSue and all,

I decided to try my cobs today. I made 4 over a month ago and have been smoking that today. (Cob was made from reconstituted Purple Haze). So, I smoked a couple small joints and chewed some as well. It has been a glorious day. The high was very smooth, energetic when necessary, relaxing otherwise. The smoke was very smooth as others have stated. I will be cobbing some more to get a smoother smoke, and a different high. At harvest, I'll cob up some live buds to try. Many thanks to @tangwena, @SweetSue, and everyone who has contributed info to make this happen!!

High SweetSue and all,

I decided to try my cobs today. I made 4 over a month ago and have been smoking that today. (Cob was made from reconstituted Purple Haze). So, I smoked a couple small joints and chewed some as well. It has been a glorious day. The high was very smooth, energetic when necessary, relaxing otherwise. The smoke was very smooth as others have stated. I will be cobbing some more to get a smoother smoke, and a different high. At harvest, I'll cob up some live buds to try. Many thanks to @tangwena, @SweetSue, and everyone who has contributed info to make this happen!!

Excellent! :high-five: This has been the most glorious day, hasn't it? :battingeyelashes:

Looking forward to giving this a whirl in a couple of months with my Sour Jack (haven't flipped yet} . Happen to have a nesco dehydrator and vac seal laying around . You guys keep the cobs and ideas swirling around here. Sweet Sue enjoy your vacation out west and have some fun for us worker drones. Be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

Back
Top Bottom