Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I'm not certain you want to dry them for a couple days though Shaman. The general approach is to let them dry to the touch then get them vacuumed again and curing. You let them dry out to the touch every week, or every time you open the bag. I'm concerned that drying yours for longer will disrupt the process by loosing too much moisture.

@tangwena , any thoughts on this?
Hi Sue your spot on of course I dont comment too much because you guys have it down pat as far as I can see.
Under your guidance its as if you have all been doing it for years ha ha.
I tested some Malawi x Ethiopia cob yesterday I was drying the skin of the cobs at the 3 week mark and they smelt so darn good I had to try them even though they have another week to go before I dry them for aging.
I had a small rock from the hard hash like cob I had to drive home so I didn't take too much.
By keeping the sweat down to 12 hours I managed to preserve all the wonderful aromas these buds have. I was so pleased but not as pleased as I was with the high.
Its early days yet of course but I was loosing my grip on reality very fast, it was like I could see the inner workings of things even the cars on the freeway I could feel all the mechanics and how they all worked together.
Once aged this is going to be very trippy a bit too strong if you take to much. Just the kind of cob I like handle with caution its hot ha ha

Hi Sue your spot on of course I dont comment too much because you guys have it down pat as far as I can see.
Under your guidance its as if you have all been doing it for years ha ha.
I tested some Malawi x Ethiopia cob yesterday I was drying the skin of the cobs at the 3 week mark and they smelt so darn good I had to try them even though they have another week to go before I dry them for aging.
I had a small rock from the hard hash like cob I had to drive home so I didn't take too much.
By keeping the sweat down to 12 hours I managed to preserve all the wonderful aromas these buds have. I was so pleased but not as pleased as I was with the high.
Its early days yet of course but I was loosing my grip on reality very fast, it was like I could see the inner workings of things even the cars on the freeway I could feel all the mechanics and how they all worked together.
Once aged this is going to be very trippy a bit too strong if you take to much. Just the kind of cob I like handle with caution its hot ha ha

That sounds a lot like the Double Black strain just regular. I'm getting some beans to cob that one!

So Tangwena, all I have to do now is take them out once a week, dry the outside and vacuum seal them up. And repeat for 3 months? ES.

That’s about right ES, with the understanding that at some point in that three months you may decide that it’s just where you want it, and if that happens you let it dry out to stop the process.

That sounds a lot like the Double Black strain just regular. I'm getting some beans to cob that one!

So Tangwena, all I have to do now is take them out once a week, dry the outside and vacuum seal them up. And repeat for 3 months? ES.
No you only dry them and reseal them weekly for the first 4 weeks after the initial sweating.
After the 4 weeks cure is finished, dry them to smokeable state and then seal them up to age for as long as you want 1 to 3 months being optimol.

During the 4 week cure if at any time you think the look, smell and effect are what your after skip straight to the dry and age stage.
Nothing is set in stone its all about the finished product some will cure faster than others.
Thats why if you have several cobs of the same plant take them at different stages of the cure and dry and age them to get a selection of different age cures. That way you can find out the best cure for that particular strain or plant type.
They all cure differently.

No you only dry them and reseal them weekly for the first 4 weeks after the initial sweating.
After the 4 weeks cure is finished, dry them to smokeable state and then seal them up to age for as long as you want 1 to 3 months being optimol.

During the 4 week cure if at any time you think the look, smell and effect are what your after skip straight to the dry and age stage.
Nothing is set in stone its all about the finished product some will cure faster than others.
Thats why if you have several cobs of the same plant take them at different stages of the cure and dry and age them to get a selection of different age cures. That way you can find out the best cure for that particular strain or plant type.
They all cure differently.

OK, my mind slips a lot lately. I'm getting there. OK, Sweat, Ferment is done. I'm on Cure, So do I have to keep it at 86°F this whole cure time or is that part done after fermenting? I'm documenting this with pictures so I can do it again later. My memory only retains for about 2 weeks, give or take.

OK, my mind slips a lot lately. I'm getting there. OK, Sweat, Ferment is done. I'm on Cure, So do I have to keep it at 86°F this whole cure time or is that part done after fermenting? I'm documenting this with pictures so I can do it again later. My memory only retains for about 2 weeks, give or take.

The heat of the cure is room temperature, or slightly above. The 86 degrees is for the fermentation stage.

And thank you @tangwena for that clarification.

Don't know how to make it three months, Ha,Ha, not to say I'll try like the rest of you.:p

Lol! I have the same challenge.

As its winter were I am my cobs are aging at an average temp of about 15c at night and 20c in the day once you dry them they stop needing warmth to cure.
It would be interesting to do an experiment and see if the temps in aging effect the outcomes I am sure they do but how much I dont know.
I'm struggling to stay sane most of the time as it is, if it gets any more potent I could vacate the premises haha.

The heat of the cure is room temperature, or slightly above. The 86 degrees is for the fermentation stage.

And thank you @tangwena for that clarification.

Thank you Miss Sue for the clarification. I just want to do it right. Documentation is important for me now.

As its winter were I am my cobs are aging at an average temp of about 15c at night and 20c in the day once you dry them they stop needing warmth to cure.
It would be interesting to do an experiment and see if the temps in aging effect the outcomes I am sure they do but how much I dont know.
I'm struggling to stay sane most of the time as it is, if it gets any more potent I could vacate the premises haha.

I hear ya! Temps sound pleasant. Here it's 90-95*F this week. Unbearable humid. I'll keep them at room temperature and open them every Sunday to check them and vacuum them up. My fear is losing them in the move. My luck I'd lose them now and find them in a few years. That would probably blow my mind.

Hmmm, maybe I'll take a piece of each after drying and make a cob time capsule. Open in one year or a few years like a fine aged whiskey. I haven’t decided. Got to find the sweet spot for these cobs! ES

At 4:45 AM I chewed the rest of the Carnival cob Chris gifted me. I’m sitting in the airport, where I have 2.5 hrs before my flight, but to be honest, I’m flying already. Lol!

I have the last of the DDA cob for lunch and three ATF capsules left to get me home. :slide:

Sometimes being SweetSue has unexpected benefits. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

On the last leg of my trip, fueled by the last bite of the DDA cob. :yahoo:

Think I’m happy? You bet! Lol!

Hahaha! Aww guys! :rofl:

That DDA cob was incredibly energizing. Lol! I traded my seat for an aisle two rows forward so a family could sit together on the way to Pittsburgh, and it worked out really nice that I had an aisle seat. Lol! Had the earbuds in, listening to some favorite tunes and nearly dancing as I sat. Haha!

Tapping out the tune with the fingers, tapping toes to the beat, lip syncing like I was on stage.... good grief, I believe that was the best flight I’ve ever had. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Tomorrow I’ll start the day opening the cobs. They’ve been sealed up for two weeks, and the last was in the upper eighties in outdoor temps, which suggests a little higher in this third-floor urban cannabis sanctuary I call home.

I’ll post pretty pictures.

I won’t be testing any for another day. I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed my Carnival brownies and there’re two bags in the freezer. That’ll be my ticket to the stratosphere on my first day back from vacation.

*contented sigh* I had the most wonderful adventure this time out. I could get addicted to traveling to meet members.

It’s so good to be back home where I can concentrate on all things cannabis again. My class notes are brimming with possibilities and I’ve a new grow ahead. I can smoke freely again. :yahoo:

Cobs are curing. :slide: Does it get any better than this?

I certainly hope so. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom