Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Thank you Sue for starting this great thread, took a while for me to get to this page says enough. Bought my supplies and will be cobbing in about a week or two can't wait. What a ride It's been and Stage Wow!

WooHoo drift! I just love to see we attracted another member with our excitement. :yahoo:
:welcome: to the cobbing crew. :hug: May I ask what chemovar you'll be cobbing when the time comes?

@Kismet, I didn't miss your arrival to the group, my friend. :hug: We'll keep learning so you can benefit. You're gonna be so glad when you try your first good taste. :battingeyelashes:

Just sealed the cobs back up after leaving them out a couple days.
Left to right, they weigh 22.5, 21.8, 19.2, and the two pieces on the right combined weigh 26.9

132g starting weight is currently at 90.49, having lost 42.01 altogether. I've noticed the reds are coming through in the colouring too, as the darkened green gives way.
And I still have about 4g of the tester to keep me occupied :)

Edit: media navigation is hard

WooHoo drift! I just love to see we attracted another member with our excitement. :yahoo:
:welcome: to the cobbing crew. :hug: May I ask what chemovar you'll be cobbing when the time comes?
At this time two seeds brought back from Nosara, Costa Rica, Grand Daddy Purple, LSD, Gods Green Crack, Next will be Carnival and Panama, Which I come to love from You and Neikodog Posts , Also don't want to forget the rest of You Which make this Thread one of the Best in all the forums I've read. Can't thank the person that made it all happen Tangwena, Thanks you for your time to educate us. We are all Blessed to be given such a plant as Cannabis, Thank you Lord. P.S. Stage, I'll have Tutt in the works as soon as I find room.

Just sealed the cobs back up after leaving them out a couple days.
Left to right, they weigh 22.5, 21.8, 19.2, and the two pieces on the right combined weigh 26.9

132g starting weight is currently at 90.49, having lost 42.01 altogether. I've noticed the reds are coming through in the colouring too, as the darkened green gives way.
And I still have about 4g of the tester to keep me occupied :)

@Precipitous, the link doesn’t work, but the report sounds enticing. You’re making me anxious to get back to my cobs. Lol!

At this time two seeds brought back from Nosara, Costa Rica, Grand Daddy Purple, LSD, Gods Green Crack, Next will be Carnival and Panama, Which I come to love from You and Neikodog Posts , Also don't want to forget the rest of You Which make this Thread one of the Best in all the forums I've read. Can't thank the person that made it all happen Tangwena, Thanks you for your time to educate us. We are all Blessed to be given such a plant as Cannabis, Thank you Lord. P.S. Stage, I'll have Tutt in the works as soon as I find room.

Are the seeds from Costa Rica from a local chemovar? I ask because Neiko and I both grow Jamaicans from seeds we brought back, and the resulting plants are of great medicinal value.

I’ll be interested in your take on the Granddaddy Purple, since I’ll be growing it soon. The LSD and God’s Green Crack should be excellent choices.

I can’t tell you how thrilled I am that you’ll be growing a Carnival. :yahoo: Be honest in your evaluation now. :battingeyelashes: I sometimes wonder if I influence the reports on this delicious chemovar by being so unabashedly passionate about promoting it. Lol!

Guys..... the way you’ve all jumped into this grand experiment in fermenting cannabis moves me. I had no idea it’d take off like this. :circle-of-love:

I had a look in the settings, turns out I'd linked to a private album. I think it should work now, sorry about that!

And they look lovely. :battingeyelashes: Thanks. We love pictures. :love:

Well, it's finally Sunday and I can take them out of the food dehydrator later today. Pictures to come.

Once again Chris Scorpio’s Carnival cob has saved the day. :yahoo:

I’m surrounded by energy that varies drastically from my tone of unconditional loving, and to be honest, it helps to have some reserve troops beefing up the flow.

If this is at two months I can’t wait to taste after the full cure. :slide:

Blissed out.......yep, that’s me. Lol!

OK, here is my update. I found a thermometer among things and inserted it to maintain around 85°F. I crack the lower racks or the top to dial it in just right. It's been 7 long days. I can hear the dehydrator and was like, hurry up Sunday get here already!

Here is what I pulled out of the vacuum seal bag. I used fresh corn husks. They dried nicely. They were spongey and a little damp. I bent them and found them a little pliable. So from here I'm going to let the outside dry for a few days then dry them out to stop the fermentation. My cure starts today. I was thinking maybe next time I'll save some hash before making the cobs and give the cob material a through dusting before rolling them up just to see if I get a cool kick out of them. I'm thinking the 160 - 220 micron stuff would be perfect. Just thinking out loud. The smell when I opened the vacuum bag was tasty smelling. ES.

looking good there my friend your on track for a good cure I am sure.

Thank you for presenting this interesting experiment. Much more user friendly than a black hash experiment I've done before. Can't wait to have a taste it!

Thank you for presenting this interesting experiment. Much more user friendly than a black hash experiment I've done before. Can't wait to have a taste it!

I'm not certain you want to dry them for a couple days though Shaman. The general approach is to let them dry to the touch then get them vacuumed again and curing. You let them dry out to the touch every week, or every time you open the bag. I'm concerned that drying yours for longer will disrupt the process by loosing too much moisture.

@tangwena , any thoughts on this?

Ok, I vacuumed them back up and put them away. No problem.

I'm not feeling well today. I might have misinterpreted the instructions.

Just frigginnn cannot wait to try this in the near future!!!!!! I get excited just thinking about it. :rollit::volcano-smiley:

When you visit you can try some of my cobs. :battingeyelashes:

This is my last full day in Phoenix and I’m starting it in style. I followed four marvelous hits of Dark Devil Auto with half of the Carnival cob I have on hand. I’m saving the last piece for the morning, to chew on the way to the airport. :slide:

Thank You Chris Scorpio! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Can’t wait to get home and smoke some Carnival cob. I have to sneak around to smoke where I’m staying, and I don’t want to do that with cob. It’s hard enough to do with flower. It feels disrespectful to the contributing plant not to honor it with joy every time you consume her produce.

Or is that the cob starting to talk? Lol!

I’m gonna meditate after I get the pool pictures posted in my Spot. You know guys....I’ve enjoyed this vacation but I’m sooo ready to be growing again it’s beginning to drive me a little nuts. Lol!

I knew you’d all understand. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom