TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage 1

Re: TassieDevil's Indoor DIY Bagseed WhatTheFluxing Learning Curve-Stage1

Week3/Day15 or is it 16

Now, I'm gunna apologise again, but I've been in bed for 3 days and up at all the wrong hours...so I've confused myself.

I'm gunna say a day from sowing difference, doesn't matter, and the stages of development in the plants indicate which popped first, which last, and the order, ...so day's above ground is different for each plant...

Anywho...

Conditions in the box. Ok the lid isn't finished. I'm using blocks to space the lid up to allow heat out...inspecting and burping the box so to speak every 4-5 hours at max....box has stayed @ 30 derees 86F all day around 40%...so hotter...plants love it....pots drying out faster...fair enough :)
Again, the lid fits in the metal cabinet, so I'm not going to waste any more effort on the box.

DSCF33691.JPG

LL1 - 2nd set on it's way....I was giving them a little rub to move em about and just damaged LL1's 2nd set, just a little...it'll be interesting to see what happens.

DSCF33701.JPG

Pots need watering....not at 1am...they'll be right a few more hours....
Oh that's right...I did notice a few edges of leaves just starting to curl, so...I can't leave it too long!

EDIT: Catman...you can see it on LL1 here...didn't see it until I posted...the left hand big leaf, very edges starting to curl a little, can be an indication of drying out....

Jaga you cleaver bastard! again...I picked up a pot...the difference in weight was noticeable...I'd never felt that before, can you believe it! So I have an additional measure of moisture...weight...so obvious...dumbass :)

Ok, so in an effort to put my mouth where my money was, I may have inadvertantly put my foot in it instead...

Catman, I've just gone and watered, with 25% worm wee and rain water which is my tank water for the house, we live in the country and there's no town water, it doesn't get PH'd or anything.

Conditions in the box after watering:

LL1 before watering 25.8Deg c 78F 32% tri-finger leaves all up...edges just curling at tips...

DSCF33701.JPG

LL1 directly after...I didnt get the right angle to make a good comparison, but
Also, the leaves have dropped...water temp again?...the worm wee/water solution sits in a spray bottle in the box...has been there the whole time....I would expect it to be pretty close to ok temp...but, the pictures tell a different story. (3374)

DSCF33721.JPG

Tri-finger leaves drooped.

DSCF33741.JPG

Condtions in the box after watering

DSCF33761.JPG

I'l take a shot in 2 hours to see what happens

I'm sorry If im a little fascinated with all the 'micro-changes' these guy's go through....i've sorta seen it but not really paid attention, and it's cool how quick everything changes. :)

Oh Catman, these little pots have had 24hours at 30 degrees 30-40% humidity since the new lid, which has pulled the water outta them. I'm just trying to help, not pointing the finger...I'd reakon the weight of the pot is the easiest if you have no self control with the watering can ;) just saying... whistles a little tune...kicks floor....nothing to see here folks... :)

LOL self control!

I will tell you the very thing it is - I am trying to be a care giver and I get to anxious. I've never been able to keep a house plant alive because of my hovering - what to they need? If I don't water them they will DIE!! Then, some plants need to stay "moist"

Moist is ambiguous Damn it!

Now, I have learned to go by the weight of the pot, and cannabis likes to dry out, well, demands to dry out. I used to have trouble because most of what I knew was from resources who use HID or some such lighting, and My LED does not dry out the soil.

So, there you have it. A toxic combination. I NEED to anxiously hover and the soil does not dry out!!! Now, I have motivation to learn because this plant is to be my medicine. I had better straighten myself out or I shall be sorry!

Your plants look happy and your methods fascinate me! Glad to be along for this ride Tassie! :Namaste:

Just after watering

DSCF33741.JPG

3hours later, tri-finger leaves not curles...leaf edges..margins are flat again.

DSCF33771.JPG

Might be all sh*t but in real life, that's how it looks to me :)

madness...methods.....madness :0

That's me! LOL! :peace:

Just after watering

3hours later, tri-finger leaves not curles...leaf edges..margins are flat again.

Might be all sh*t but in real life, that's how it looks to me :)

Ahhhh...The beautiful ebb and flow of life

:green_heart:

Just for the moment I'm enjoying watching all the little changes...the novelty will wear off soon :)

Good 613am from tassie Catman, hope you have a good day, I've got little ones stirring... :)

Week3/Day16

Conditions in the box a little dry skunny, and you know how we don't like a dry box :)

When I watered yesterday Catman, I still used the sprayer of the worm wee/water 50/50. I've been thinking that I needed to give them just plain water for a while...haven't done that yet, it's been worm wee all the way, so after my emergency water I pulled them all out later and warmed some rain water up and gave them a proper drink.

Well I think the soil was a bit loaded. I'm not sure there is nutrient lockout per se. There's no evidence of deficiencies except maybe these are a little lighter green than I remember(?), but overall look good. But the straglers were really straggling by comparison to the one's that were doing well. So first is yesterdays shot:

DSCF33761.JPG

The full water was at 5am our time, so maybe 18-19 hours after a plain water drench, and everything has almost doubled in size :)

DSCF33811.JPG

LL1

DSCF33831.JPG

What's wrong with this picture....definately Tasmanian genetics.... :O

I've never...documented a grow before, so never paid so much attention...I guess you do, you know as a grower, you learn or have an instinct for things like any gardening..but never really paid attention...so it is fun to see the little stuff that goes unnoticed! :)

I've never...documented a grow before, so never paid so much attention...I guess you do, you know as a grower, you learn or have an instinct for things like any gardening..but never really paid attention...so it is fun to see the little stuff that goes unnoticed! :)

Absolutely - It is truly fascinating - and I would imagine never the same twice, like having children really! :peace:

Week3/Day17

I cooked 'em - in more way's than one..........!

Box temps and humidity yesterday were...like a nun in hell...hot and dry all at the same time.... :)

....oh poo....now for the ladies that visit I apologise for ozzie tradesman male humour....I'll only apologise once, and do so honestly, and humbly... :oops: :Namaste:

29's-31 all day in the box with dropping humidity 35 down to a low of 24%...It was unusually warm and dry all day outside...

and they cooked a little.... so I 'rescued' them :)

The first little water was with the spray bottle outta the box...it was warm enough, the plants drooped a little it was ok.

The second spray with the spray bottle to bring the humidity up, I had an idea....(....taxi!)

I got out my baby bottle warmer....oh it's for heating animal hide glue...and the trusty DICK'S SAUCE bottle :)

and heated the water up this time...how clever....

Now...my hands are a little insensitive, and I've only been dealing with the symptoms of this say 9 months, so I hadn't considered that the numbness to sensation...I didn't think I wouldn't feel the water temperature I was pouring all over the plants.

...maybe 45-50 deg C...113-122F!

...so when the base of the stem of the little one got hit with the water it went limp and lurched sideways..

Everything is ok...overnight temp 30C/86F and 25%...ok I think it's time to change course here...everyone is a bit hot and dry...stalled growth I reakon too, nutrient has been sucked up into the propagating sand and stained it when I cooked em, so.....its 455am, and I'm not moving them yet, they'll have to go to a halfway house today...pics later...current conditions after cooling the box and watering this time with more appropriately temped water...

DSCF33862.JPG

So Here's Dicks' Sauce....with the little burnt offering...I'm thinking of flipping this one for fun...in a garbage tin :)

DSCF3385r.jpg

O3....sorry...burning around margins of one leaf too....

PS..wanna know what the trick is with bottle warmers....well....if you read the instructions it tells you that if you set the dial on 1 you get bottle fluid temp 35-45C in 7 mins for 250ml....might have to read the instructions first next time........

Which response would you like?

Highly unlikely or naaa.... :)

Subbed. You're doing a great job my friend.

Week 3 Day 18 and 1/2

Hello Sphnx, thanks for joining in, and the support mate :)

So I'm a little late...been doing stuff :)

Temp new cab prep, old lid slightly modified with a hammer.... and voila!

The bottom of the cab has a 7x7" hole in it...cabling and airflow run in and out from under, and the 50mm SuperHard foam there on the bottom is spaced up on blocks so that convection for the moment will pull air in. Seal around the door, some foam....oh the foam

...now people always say to me...why do you keep all this packaging.....I don't tell em, but I've alway's got an idea in mind :)

Awaiting their new home

DSCF33872.JPG

DSCF33902.JPG

Test Run

DSCF3391r.jpg

Warming the Box!

DSCF33931.JPG

All in, but needing water desparately!

DSCF3398.JPG

LL1

DSCF33951.JPG

LL3

DSCF3397.JPG

Final Conditions in the box after watering, adjusting light height etc, etc... :)

DSCF34031.JPG

Girls are looking great man :)

Hey Grizz, nice to see you...hear y...read from ya!

How ya doin?

I just checked the new cab, only 22.1Deg and 86% humidity, so we don't have heat or humidity issues in one direction...it's going in the other now... :)

Works smashing me. Had three weeks off, had no work, now booked out till Christmas. Everybody wants everything done yesterday. Wish they organised it all earlier. My lawns getting neglected because of it. Longest grass in the street, maybe town, lol.
My ourdoor grow is way behind. None of my seeds popped. I'll have to buy some for the first time. I have got some more autos on the go, in 13lt hempys, under Cfls at the moment, that'll be all of 2ounces, lol. They go under my LEDs soon, maybe next week. Hope all is well in your life :peace: brother.

Back
Top Bottom