Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Your veg room looks like a little slice of heaven. I'd say they're liking those statuesque planters you fashioned, you creative man. :high-five:

I'm running my second hempy, and for the second time I believe I've chosen a strain that isn't an optimal fit to the technique, haven't I? :laughtwo: I certainly am a handful. One of these days I'll catch on and get it right, although my stumbling around hasn't been too bad so far. I think I'm gonna flip all my clones this Sunday and get this Carnival explosion out of the way. I have some medicine to grow.

Flying low... fast and dirty state of the union kinda update. Doing water heater installations (both gas and electric!) today.

It's great weather in The Big Easy these days. Lows in the mid 60's, highs in the mid 70's. Might get cooler, but not really significantly.
Running some heat at night. Both bloom and veg are running between 70 and 90. Beautiful.

Shit's working great all around and a sharp eye will be needed to distinguish the various waves in Tead's little sea of green.

Veg
IMAG3681.jpg

I don't believe I've seen your veg looking better - looks like the environmentals are dialed right in.
:bravo:
nicely done!

Very nice, seems they all grow perfectly.

Heya friends,, lookin super fly fine Mr tead,, indeed,, it can be done, this hempy thing,, y'all prove it,, great job,,:goodjob:

However,, your success's playfully highlite my utter and complete failure.

Hundreds and hundreds of horrific heartbreaking hempie horrors are happening here. Holy heck Howard Hughes, how hard has his hempie heaved??

Hard, real hard

Every hempy clone has decloned itself,, aargh

Every hempy seed has De sprouted itself,, aargh

Even my rockwool clone has derocked itself,, aargh

So I start over or I abandon the effort,, for now.

On a bright note,, my soil plants are just given er,, so nice

P1160930-1.jpg

My dinafem cheese has colours never before seen in me labooratoory,, so pretty indeed

Soil,, hempy????? Soil,, hempy????? Soil????? Hmmmm

So many unread threads.... so little energy. I need to quit smokin so damn much good pot. It really is getting ridiculous. I mean, I add 2 scoops of keef to my bowl just for a little kicker.... much like raisin bran but greener.

I do a little side job that takes me thru the French Quarter almost daily. This weekend, there's a big college football game in town, the Bayou Classic. Tons of college aged kids in town. During my strolls I've often noticed the unique smells of both MJ and MJ extracts. These kids are keepin the love alive obviously. I hit the various versions almost my entire time thru the Qtr. yesterday.

What do you think about those tall containers for pots? Its sure looking great in your garden brother! :tokin:

I'm diggin 'em. 6" schedule 40 PVC. No light penetrates. The size of plants I grow doesn't tend to need anything wider... I feel. I have various height versions of it... tho I'm not really sure where the sweet spot is.

Looking real good Tead. Whens the next harvest? You look real tight on room, maybe harvest one plant put another in. Veg room could get to looking like a jungle before long. I like that oil heater, I got one in my veg room and I have a little ceramic in my flower room set on a timer to cut on once an hour during lights off. Im curious about the Critical+ for sure. I will be putting mine in flower in another week or so.

I harvest as needed... either by me to feed my need, or the plants pushing themselves out of the veg room.
Often these harvests are partial and I take plant directly from plant to oven to bowl. I usually try to save the larger top buds for the final joy from the plant.
Right now, I've been smokin on my first Critical+ 2.0. Great stuff. It's been kickin my ass nicely.
Next up will be a Deep Cheese. She didn't grow well and her clone was wacky, so she'll not be making a return, but I look forward to sampling a cheese.
Then, another Crit+ followed closely by a Pineapple chunk.
After that, some UltraDogs might be up to bat, but that's looking pretty far out, past the bloom room into veg. There are many other girls in that same horizon as well.

I'm running my second hempy, and for the second time I believe I've chosen a strain that isn't an optimal fit to the technique, haven't I?

Crazy girl. I'll have to go peek.

I don't believe I've seen your veg looking better - looks like the environmentals are dialed right in.
:bravo:
nicely done!

I know. So nice that the temps have broken and I have a good supply of DNA. It's a touch of colliding storms working in my favor.

Very nice, seems they all grow perfectly.

Not all... but most are looking great... and those UD's are just coming off so well in my little world. I can't wait to get tho the sampling phase.

My dinafem cheese has colours never before seen in me labooratoory,, so pretty indeed

Soil,, hempy????? Soil,, hempy????? Soil????? Hmmmm

Side comment.... I love how leaves can toughen up and almost get brittle. Dunno why I like it... probably just because it seems unnatural for a health plant. She's a beauty.

At the risk of getting all philosophical, each grower will naturally settle into a growing method that works best for them. There are so many variables that play into the equation and some more we're unaware of.
Go with what works! Doesn't stop you from dabbling in a 2L hempy... perhaps a nice easy Osmocote+ fed variety... I believe we all have a touch of experimentation in our makeup.

Alright Tead, I'm Subb'd. Unfortantly I have to start reading back at Oct/27/15. I will be back tho lol. Peace!!

It will be a good read lol plenty of hempy talk and food :tokin:

Whatever happened with that OGK? How was the smoke? So glad to hear the Critical+ is kicking your ass, something for me to look forward too.

It's just not fair. Tead sux in the smokin report department.
Didn't someone mention food.... I'll explain it in a gastronomical way.

We New Orleanians have a special kinda love for one specific and very simple dish... and like any other local bit, it comes with history... history I really dig. The French Quarter has seen waves of various ethnic inhabitants over the years... the Spanish, the French, the Italians.... you get the idea... at various points in history the French Quarter was predominantly one ethnic group or another. We'll focus on the Italians and their contributions to our culinary joy. As we roll back the pages of the calendar, we find ladies pounding their family's laundry on rocks at the shore of the Mighty Mississippi. They did it religiously every Monday. It was a big chore to process all the clothes for a large family and often consumed the lion's portion of the day for them. Of course, the little Italian ladies had many other required duties... feeding the family being one of the major ones. When one pounds laundry on the shores of the Miss. all day, one can find themselves very short of time for cooking, especially in the days before McD's. So... the little Italian ladies came up with a beautiful answer to this culinary hurdle.... Beans and Rice baby! Sounds simple... red beans, sausage, cajun trio. The magic is that they would set it simmering on the stove in the morning and come home to a nearly finished meal that could satisfy a small army. Since this was such good magic, the dish became a staple. To this day, you can find Beans and Rice served at almost every single restaurant on Mondays... including the non-national burger joints.

Anyway... as you can imagine, a dish with this much baggage has some serious local fans... and I'm surely one. Luvs me sum Beans and Rice baby! Eat it all up with a baguette of local french bread.... oh yeah. This leads us to the core of the issue really and the point I'm ever so slowly dragging you to... we do have a point here somewhere don't we Tead?

OH SHIT!!! What was my point? Wait... I'll brb... perhaps a bowl will help.

Oh yeah... B&R and how we love it.... back to the beans.
So, any local that enjoys cooking anything will surely make their own little personal version of B&R. They'll tweak it over time and get it exactly they way they enjoy it. Despite the dish's apparent simplicity, there are many nuances that make a world of difference. As such, we often have a problem sharing what we love so much with others. I mean, it seems such a shame that my neighbor has the same strong love for their little version... but my version seems very different and worse... not because mine is bad... rather just because their love for their version is so strong. Side note... never bring B&R to a shared meal (potlock?) setting... you'll not please anyone but yourself.

This is similar to my love for the OGKs I grow. I mean, they're just wonderful in my world. They 'fit' into every category really well. Awesome quick grows. Great output. Incredible smoke. Clone slow but consistently. I just can't spread enough love upon them.
This leads me to my B&R kinda feelings for them. I love them... but everyone has their own version of the love and it can be very different from mine.

Hmmm... it dawns on me that I consume them like I consume my B&R. I do plenty of sampling along the way. I grab a bowl (or 50) of the early stuff before it's fully matured. I savor it slowly over time.

Anyway, it doesn't really lead to an un-partial report. The best I can hope for is some sort of relative comparison.
Yup.... loves me some OGK and loves me some Beans and Rice.
Damn.... now I'm hungry! This post has consumed 2 bowls of MJ covered by 4 scoops of keef... not to mention 2 cups 'o joe. Gotta put some food on top of all that.

Alright Tead, I'm Subb'd. Unfortantly I have to start reading back at Oct/27/15. I will be back tho lol. Peace!!

Welcome along Shaggn. We all look forward to your visits. Feel free to blather on about whatever tickles your soul. Some of us are partial to food related banter, but if you're starting way back in '15, I suspect you'll figure that out. Whatcha growin?

hope you are having a lovely Sunday morning Tead. Im waiting on my wife and granddaughter to get back from That place you call the bayou. They went there Friday and are on the way back now to Bama land. She went with her mama (my wonderful mother-in-law, cough cough) to go see the Swammi G in New Orleans or Baton Rouge, I cant remember which one. Yeah, my moms in law is a meditating Swammi follower, but she still loves herb so I cant be too bias. Too each his own. Don't know if you use Rapid Rooters but if you don't you should give them a try. 50 of them for 15 bucks on Amazon aint bad and man do they work. Now im ready for some football.

Hmm good that dinner is coming and I've just had some fire roasted chestnuts :laughtwo:

hope you are having a lovely Sunday morning Tead. Im waiting on my wife and granddaughter to get back from That place you call the bayou. They went there Friday and are on the way back now to Bama land. She went with her mama (my wonderful mother-in-law, cough cough) to go see the Swammi G in New Orleans or Baton Rouge, I cant remember which one. Yeah, my moms in law is a meditating Swammi follower, but she still loves herb so I cant be too bias. Too each his own. Don't know if you use Rapid Rooters but if you don't you should give them a try. 50 of them for 15 bucks on Amazon aint bad and man do they work. Now im ready for some football.

I second this suggestion. I'm having incredible luck with these. Of course, you seem to have found the right touch in your environment for getting them to sprout or root right in the perlite, so never mind. :laughtwo:

For anyone else reading who doesn't have Tead's special flair with rooting cannabis, think Rapid Rooters. At least one try. :battingeyelashes: :love:

You have this way with language Tead. I don't read what you write so much as live and breathe and feel it. Thank you for that.

My mother was a big fan of beans and rice. I don't believe she was ever in your region, so I have to assume she might have picked it up in the Italian neighborhood we grew up in. There's a strong likelihood she was befriended by someone who relocated from New Orleans. Lately, as I've entered my 60s, I've begun craving it. Lol! You just kicked that craving into high gear. Between you and Rifleman I'm getting awfully hungry today. :laughtwo:

Ok, it's 1 PM and I've been trying to get out the door now for over an hour. You guys are a serious distraction.

Hello Conradino :ciao: My best to the lovely wife. :love:

I'm outta here guys. See you on my Spot. (just kidding Tead, if you showed up there I'd fall over :laughtwo:)

I'm a bit touchy regarding my local swammi. I was around and near ground zero during the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his follower's horrid shenanigans. Then there was Jim Jones, the Baker joke, and others. Plus, many local examples of churches advertising their pastor's face and usually with a 'First Lady' wearing scads of jewelry... and the Escalade with spinny hubcaps in the driveway. Causes a thinking man to cast the lot into a category worthy of scrutiny. Folks certainly have a very different basic understanding of religion than I.

I've tried the rapid rooters before. I dislike the water they retain right at the base of the plant. I can see their application in many places, but not so much in a hempy pot. I'm not a fan of the rockwool cubes for exactly the same reasons. Plus, I just love the pure perlite cloning and rooting, so I tend not to want to rock that floating boat so much.

Back
Top Bottom