Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Well.... some plants are just red. Some plants are red because their diet is too light... I believe it can be a phosphorus deficiency... but generally is just the sign of an under-feed with the red showing first.

Is this a strain you're familiar with? Was it previously red?

If it is a strain you're familiar with and it hasn't shown red in the past, I'd guess under-feed first.

Is it a new strain to you? Have you seen other examples of it growing? Are the other examples red? Any type of hydro examples of it growing would be a good reference.... no need to look specifically for a hempy grown one.

Have your garden temps dipped recently? Not a situation I'm familiar with, but I hear tell that cold weather can bring on red in plants as well.

Nivek: You are doing hempys in SOLO cups???????? The smaller the container, the harder to maintain the correct levels of everything. You trying to grow bonsai? ;-) I didn't get as good a yield from my 3 gallon hempys and I did my 3 gallon soil bins, but at least the plants were healthy. They had plenty of room to grow roots, and allowed a healthy flow of water and nutes at each soaking.

Just my opinion, and not worth much the in the grand scheme of things. :Namaste:

Cannaruss: Red is nothing to be afraid of, even in normally all-green strains. Like Tead said, cold will reduce the amount of chlorophyll and thus allow the natural color of the plants to show up. So will changes in feed.

Cannibus is a weed. it adapts to its environment. ;)

Thanks Tead and Gramma, im not gonna sweat it since my leaves are still nice and healthy. I have had about an 8 degree drop in temps in the veg room, so I have stuck a small heater in there to level off temps. I guess as long as they look healthy I wont worry too much. thanks for your advice and thoughts.

I recently read about the benefits of spraying under the leaves as well as the top

Very true. There are stomas on the underside that suck the liquid in. Seems a shame you missed that one over the years. I wonder if spraying the underside will increase nutrient levels and possibly cause an overages in some nutrient bits.

then I ph it, every time, to just over six

Generally, your ph target for hydro is 5.8. Ph tends to drift up over time. I ph my mix down to 5.5 (well... been playing with 5.3 lately) to allow for the upwards ph drift that occurs during my 4 days between feedings. The drift also brings the ph range thru the absorption range for several important nutrient bits.

A little weekend tour...

Betty's been wearing way too much
IMAG3571.jpg

Seeing some big swings. This time of year can be challenging. This one comes from the veg tent and shows a 24hr running H/L.
IMAG35641.jpg

Very busy veg tent
IMAG35681.jpg

and a very busy bloom room as well
IMAG35692.jpg

Temps are always the challenge for me. The last couple of days have been quite chilly for us. My world is built for dealing with warm weather rather than the chill. When you add to that the constant need for air extraction to deal with the humidity, keeping any warm air in can be hard.
Turned up the heat. Removed the exhaust from my cooltube so it vents into the room. Tempted to set up some more options but the weather will be returning to the 70s tomorrow, so I'm not gonna get carried away yet. If the weather settles into the cooler regions, I'll start jumping thru some more hoops.

Damn Tead, that's a huge swing in day and night temps. Looks like your girls are happy though so I wouldn't sweat it. On a lighter note, not to rub it in or nothing, I am a Florida Gator fan (woot woot). Don't know if you follow college ball but I just figured you were a LSU fan. I seriously thought we had no chance against yall but hey, a trip to Atlanta suits me fine (except knowing the fact that Alabama will slaughter us lol). I will be posting an update today on my veg and flower tent if you wanna stop by later.

[/QUOTE]Generally, your ph target for hydro is 5.8. Ph tends to drift up over time. I ph my mix down to 5.5 (well... been playing with 5.3 lately) to allow for the upwards ph drift that occurs during my 4 days between feedings. The drift also brings the ph range thru the absorption range for several important nutrient bits.[/QUOTE]

thanks for this,, a most useful piece if information indeed,, i even understand it all,, even the drift,, great stuff,, cheers tead

curious,, your temps and humidity,, any chance you might reveal your general location, or maybe a location with similar conditions,, i am simply curious about where in the world the weather might be like yours right now,,

cheers friend,,

fine article,, getting me all excited here,, good quote from the article,,

The new study found that plants fertilized with urine produced four times more tomatoes than nonfertilized plants and as much as plants given synthetic fertilizer. Urine plus wood ash produced almost as great a yield, with the added benefit of reducing the acidity of acid soils. "The results suggest that urine with or without wood ash can be used as a substitute for mineral fertilizer to increase the yields of tomato without posing any microbial or chemical risks," the report says.

great stuff conrad,, cheers, and thank you:thanks:

Nivek: You are doing hempys in SOLO cups???????? The smaller the container, the harder to maintain the correct levels of everything. You trying to grow bonsai? ;-) I didn't get as good a yield from my 3 gallon hempys and I did my 3 gallon soil bins, but at least the plants were healthy. They had plenty of room to grow roots, and allowed a healthy flow of water and nutes at each soaking.

Just my opinion, and not worth much the in the grand scheme of things. :Namaste:

AK,, i am rooting clones in a solo cup with another solo cup as the dome. I have always done my cloning etc in solo cups,, has worked,,

I currently have one brand new clone in a perlite solo cup, will not spray the stalk of this one,, gonna let it wick up its own moisture, lazy thing

The seed I popped in water, then planted in perlite is in a half gallon, maybe smaller, peanut butter jar,, dark coloured plastic jar,, i am keeping this experiment small so I can fit the pot in amongst my others in the flower room, it has a cozy place under the other plants, surrounded by a few cfls,, not going for huge yield here,, simply going for to keep er alive, and learn tons along the way.

I have way too much beautiful dark soil mixed up and smelling just wonderful to simply abandon the soil completely,, besides, soil works for me

Time will tell how perlite works,, for me,,the cloning and starting is tricky, and as I thot itmight be,, sharp learning curve is all,, i got all four tires on the road, i can take perty sharp curves,, haha,, cheers AK,, cheers fer yer interest and input,,

Btw,, i do bud wash, however, I will be using only plain water for washing from now on,, no more lemon or baking soda,, a simple rinse is all I will be doing from now on.

I simply feel that the amount of resins washed off if not acceptable,,check the containers one washes in,, after the wash,, check the side of the container,, one can 'feel' the resins coating the container, I dunno, my opinion,, i like the washing, not the resin dissolvations thay occur,, i just love making up new words,, ha

Cheers,, think I took over this thread today,, ha,, wait tilltomorrow,,

Will that be enough??

I certainly understand that the use of urine in this game is not for everyone,, there are those that might be repulsed even by the thought,, perfectly understandable, indeed

This is the reason that urine, even tho it is about as perfect a fertilizer as there is, this is why there is no mass collection and use of the stuff in the real world

This is changing tho, and will, over time, collection systems are being invented and implemented accross the globe,, mostly Europe and Scandinavia climbing on board

Funny,, we can put up with and even immerse ourselves in crap like trump, television, or the stock market,, but a bitto urine on ones pinky,, ewwwww

But I get it,, using urine has its drawbacks, for sure,, some odour, absolutely, and the obvious ick factor,, all good,, cheers

AK,, i am rooting clones in a solo cup with another solo cup as the dome. I have always done my cloning etc in solo cups,, has worked,,

I currently have one brand new clone in a perlite solo cup, will not spray the stalk of this one,, gonna let it wick up its own moisture, lazy thing

I have way too much beautiful dark soil mixed up and smelling just wonderful to simply abandon the soil completely,, besides, soil works for me

Time will tell how perlite works,, for me,,the cloning and starting is tricky, and as I thot itmight be,, sharp learning curve is all,, i got all four tires on the road, i can take perty sharp curves,, haha,, cheers AK,, cheers fer yer interest and input,,

That makes sense. A solo cup is just the right size for rooting clones, and gives them some room to form a healthy root system before their first transplant.

I, too am a soil grower of 40+ years. I did try the hempys and went back to soil+perlite after harvesting the hempys. I just didn't get the hang of PH, nutes in non-soil mediums, water maintenance, etc. Too complicated for this old brain! I also have about 10 gallons of soil mix, waiting for the next batch of juveniles!

Damn Tead, that's a huge swing in day and night temps. Looks like your girls are happy though so I wouldn't sweat it. On a lighter note, not to rub it in or nothing, I am a Florida Gator fan (woot woot). Don't know if you follow college ball but I just figured you were a LSU fan. I seriously thought we had no chance against yall but hey, a trip to Atlanta suits me fine (except knowing the fact that Alabama will slaughter us lol). I will be posting an update today on my veg and flower tent if you wanna stop by later.

It's been a tough year for the football fan. It seems to be a never-ending list of stupid/crazy errors on both fronts. LSU has been such a powerhouse for so long. To see it fall as it has is a touch surprising. Then, of course, there are the Saints.... yet another tragedy on wheels.
There is a bright spot tho. These games bring so many interesting fun fans to town. The French Quarter was full of little sorority hotties this weekend. Sun was out... Tead had on his dark shades and was eyeing them all like a perverted old man as I cruised thru my daily run.

It's been a tough year for the football fan this year. It seems to be a never-ending list of stupid/crazy errors on both fronts. LSU has been such a powerhouse for so long. To see it fall as it has is a touch surprising. Then, of course, there are the Saints.... yet another tragedy on wheels.
There is a bright spot tho. These games bring so many interesting fun fans to town. The French Quarter was full of little sorority hotties this weekend. Sun was out... Tead had on his dark shades and was eyeing them all like a perverted old man as I cruised thru my daily run.

:rofl: At least you have the class to hide behind the dark glasses, you old pervert. Lol!

:rofl: At least you have the class to hide behind the dark glasses, you old pervert. Lol!

The French Quarter is commonly packed with lewd, leering college aged boys with plenty of liquor in them and not a lick of sense. It's not hard to appear very innocent and even gentlemanly among the drunken snakes.
I'm reminded of the Dazed and Confused line. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age".

Sorry to interrupt whatever you perverts are talking about but I've finished as many urine tests as I feel necessary and have come to shower you with golden information. Avert your eyes, delicate viewer if you haven't already.

----- Diluted to 1/15th strength ----

'Morning pee'- very yellow- 650 ppm
Light yellow- - 450 ppm
Very light yellow- - 300 ppm
Almost clear- -100 ppm

Ph of undiluted pee- 5.6

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming; 'illegal drugs, grow ops, voyeurism, lust, lewd leering drunk college boys'.

Back
Top Bottom