Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Oh Damn.... it's Twelfth Night.... I totally missed it today.
Today marks the official start of the Mardi Gras season. There were actually a few minor parades tonight.

Snap out of it! I lost an entire day this week. Spent all day Tuesday convinced it was Wednesday. :rofl: I claim being lost in writing, a new experience to me. What's your excuse?

Man... 37f and on the way down to 30f tonight and tomorrow night. Still... 91% humidity tho. Shed is buttoned up and sweating a bit. Exhaust fan is going, but still the sweat on the outside walls of the shed. Veg and bloom rooms seem ok. Heat's cooking in the bloom tent... 24hr lights keep the veg tent warm enough.
70f yesterday... should return to that monday/tuesday. Can't wait.

A high of 10F today with a current temp of 2F - \\- It's supposed to warm up to 20F by tomorrow.

No Mardi Gras here, but I just got back from a EXPO with exotic birds and animals. So it was warm inside :)

Outrageous!!!

IMAG48822.jpg

Betty's wearing way too much lately... but the humidity drop is nice. She only has one last article of clothing left to put on.
IMAG48832.jpg

And the damn cat is so cold she refused to abandon a warm lap. She was simply used as a table and really seemed not to mind a warm plate laying on top of her. Crazy damn thing.
IMAG063814.jpg

A high of 10F today with a current temp of 2F - \\- It's supposed to warm up to 20F by tomorrow.

No Mardi Gras here, but I just got back from a EXPO with exotic birds and animals. So it was warm inside :)

Oh dude! Great idea.
I've got season passes to all the Audubon attractions in town. One of them is a butterfly zoo. Gotta be warm in there. Maybe I can borrow the neighbor's beastie and go for a visit.

Cabinet painting.... endless damn sanding and painting. 36 cabinet doors x 2 units. Sux.
I can't even blame it on weed. Shame.

How many times has this thought crossed our minds over the past six months?

"Damn, why am I not renting from them?"

Cabinet painting.... One of those things that makes my heart go pitter-pat. I kid you not. We made wooden jigsaw puzzles the likes of which you have never seen, and it was my job to finish each piece by hand. Any carpentry work, it was me that did the finish - he was a carpenter when we met. I got him to move in with me finally by having him help me build that grandfather clock in all my pictures. I finished that too, and designed the glass etching. Painting walls is my greatest joy. Restoring woodwork, particularly old, intricate stuff you have to be careful of, is another thrill.

Cabinets are a joy all their own. You set everything up and get lost in the dust and solvents and paint.... sweet layers of paint, blissfully applied.

Ah Tead. I think I missed my calling there. :laughtwo: Fell into writing, but writing has a certain adaptability when it doesn't have to pay the bills.....except I'm finding that inspiration has demands of its own, and a truely inspired writer doesn't dare stop the creative flow. Hmmm..... New rules to learn.

If I were one of your renters, we'd have struck up an agreement by now, I'm certain of it. Then there's the gardening bonus to consider. Ok, I'll stop teasing us both now. :laughtwo:

Outrageous!!!

IMAG48822.jpg

Betty's wearing way too much lately... but the humidity drop is nice. She only has one last article of clothing left to put on.
IMAG48832.jpg

And the damn cat is so cold she refused to abandon a warm lap. She was simply used as a table and really seemed not to mind a warm plate laying on top of her. Crazy damn thing.
IMAG063814.jpg

stuffonmycat<dot>com what we did before facebook and such :)

stuffonmycat<dot>com what we did before facebook and such :)

Kickin my 'memeber berries into action. I remember stuffonmycat. I'd mention this post to my wife, but previous experiences tells me that this will lead to endless "Oh come look..." words from her... she has a long track record with suffonmycat and I think it may have slipped her mind for a few years now.
Apparently my kitten wasn't too lazy yesterday... ran across a dead mouse this morning. Seems like cold weather drives those little guys inside. Don't blame them... to bad it's such a deadly choice for them.

Cabinets are a joy all their own. You set everything up and get lost in the dust and solvents and paint.... sweet layers of paint, blissfully applied.

Ya know... I guess there's a certain zen to it. I could get into it. Removing several layers existing paint is the grief. If they were not custom built cabinets, I would have ripped and replaced them in a heartbeat. Of course, I have 52 other things that I need to work on and those damn cabinets are endless. Walls are mostly done. Trim is mostly done. Tile in the bathroom still needs to be done. Major cleaning. Then there's the yard....
Meh!!!!

My zen magic seems to be laying floor tile. I've really enjoyed it. Plus, there's been a new trend for ceramic tiles that look like wood planks. I've put it in 2 places now and I just love the stuff. Nice deep rich looking but with the durability and cool touch of tile. I put them together with a super-thin grout line using colored grout.... it looks exactly like an old wooden floor.
Running plumbing lines is another zen thing.... you'd be shocked at how touchy lining everything up right can be. Probably helps that one of my buddies is a licensed plumber.

I always build out all my units to the HUD/Sec8 standards. I only have one tenant using Sec8, but it's (unfortunately) pretty common in this neck of the woods, so I do all my repairs to those standards. They're actually pretty touchy about some things that folks SHOULD be touchy about.... like functioning plumbing and electrical systems.

The duplex (yes, duplex.... not shotgun double... built in the 70's) has a huge paved side yard area for several cars and an RV or boat. Enormous back yard as well. I'd be tempted to move in there myself and put up a huge insulated shed on that flat slab of concrete... it just screams for a grow.

Alas... the reality of the situation leaves me with the feeling of being run over by a freight train daily. One of these days I'll be able to grab onto an empty freight car and ride it to my next project... but not today. I've barely got to the point where I can create a list of tasks to work thru.

Kickin my 'memeber berries into action. I remember stuffonmycat. I'd mention this post to my wife, but previous experiences tells me that this will lead to endless "Oh come look..." words from her... she has a long track record with suffonmycat and I think it may have slipped her mind for a few years now.
Apparently my kitten wasn't too lazy yesterday... ran across a dead mouse this morning. Seems like cold weather drives those little guys inside. Don't blame them... to bad it's such a deadly choice for them.

LMAO, you get dead mice presents and all I get is Roscoe pissing on my rocking chair instead of walking out into the cold yard. :rofl: Farkin single digi temps.

Roscoe!!! That's just not cool baby!

You must have much love for that well worn pup. Mine runs under my raised house when the rain is afoot. I might end her days if she started watering my furniture.... well.... I'd sure make her think her days were about to end... all bang no impact.

He's old and doesn't like the cold any more than I do, and the chair will likely be around long after Roscoe is gone, so I'll let it pass this time. :)

Ya know... I guess there's a certain zen to it. I could get into it. Removing several layers existing paint is the grief. If they were not custom built cabinets, I would have ripped and replaced them in a heartbeat. Of course, I have 52 other things that I need to work on and those damn cabinets are endless. Walls are mostly done. Trim is mostly done. Tile in the bathroom still needs to be done. Major cleaning. Then there's the yard....
Meh!!!!

My zen magic seems to be laying floor tile. I've really enjoyed it. Plus, there's been a new trend for ceramic tiles that look like wood planks. I've put it in 2 places now and I just love the stuff. Nice deep rich looking but with the durability and cool touch of tile. I put them together with a super-thin grout line using colored grout.... it looks exactly like an old wooden floor.
Running plumbing lines is another zen thing.... you'd be shocked at how touchy lining everything up right can be. Probably helps that one of my buddies is a licensed plumber.

I always build out all my units to the HUD/Sec8 standards. I only have one tenant using Sec8, but it's (unfortunately) pretty common in this neck of the woods, so I do all my repairs to those standards. They're actually pretty touchy about some things that folks SHOULD be touchy about.... like functioning plumbing and electrical systems.

The duplex (yes, duplex.... not shotgun double... built in the 70's) has a huge paved side yard area for several cars and an RV or boat. Enormous back yard as well. I'd be tempted to move in there myself and put up a huge insulated shed on that flat slab of concrete... it just screams for a grow.

Alas... the reality of the situation leaves me with the feeling of being run over by a freight train daily. One of these days I'll be able to grab onto an empty freight car and ride it to my next project... but not today. I've barely got to the point where I can create a list of tasks to work thru.

I read this and little shivers ran up and down my spine. I have a Section 8 voucher. That puppy can travel anywhere in the US I can find qualified housing to transfer it to. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My landlord loves me. Eleven years in this apartment and all I ever did was pay my rent on time and improve the dwelling.

Not that I was planning to move Tead, but it warms my heart to know that if I wanted to do so in the very near future, you would be one of the many possibilities before me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

So.... seems like my cloning program needs a touch less humidity....
IMAG48901.jpg
IMAG48914.jpg

I think I'll grow some nice easy seeds for a bit. Seems like the easiest way to address the issue.

Did my waterings. Gotta change from a 4 day cycle back to a 3 day one. Some of the 2Ls were dried out.
Captured another UltraDog shot. Crazy girl.
IMAG48932.jpg

Enchiladas just came out of the oven... off to graze.

And some visitors on my butterfly bush in the backyard...

20151029_174841.jpg

2 monarch babies and the orange bug is a "milkweed assassin". The assassins feed on aphids that like the flowers.

You deserved journal of the month as soon as you posted this thanks!

Looking for some MG photos on my own thread... ran across these words from a day or two ago... 10/31/15

So, I've been doing a bunch of reading of older threads. I came across the DocBud Osmocote+ grow. Next bucket will be an experiment with OS+.
Might be fun, might be tragic. What works well in DocBud's world may not play out as well in mine, but I like the idea none the less.

Yup... still liking that idea. Working out great in my little corner.

Back
Top Bottom