Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

These were the black ones. I’ve dealt with the grey ones before at a different cabin I lived in here, and that was very epic. The grey ones like to stay low and dig. These black ones climbed and ran around outside the house, displacing the squirrels which normally think they own the place, and also I think eating most of the beloved winter wrens that nest all under my eaves. Those bastards. Yeah and the mice disappeared. The rats claimed their place as the dominant species of the cabin in a hurry. It took me about a month to figure it out. Other than some random scuttling at night I mainly just noticed silence.

Oh yeah and while I am here blathering, I meant to mention another thing relating to phones and playing music. On the upside. It’s incredible what you can do if you have a phone and a good quality interface that lets you plug in a mic or an instrument. You can access billions of music making apps - some of which are incredible, record in high quality audio, and share files. The sky is the limit really. I basically have the technology of a whole music studio in my phone. We’re living in very good times in that respect.

These were the black ones. I’ve dealt with the grey ones before at a different cabin I lived in here, and that was very epic. The grey ones like to stay low and dig. These black ones climbed and ran around outside the house, displacing the squirrels which normally think they own the place, and also I think eating most of the beloved winter wrens that nest all under my eaves. Those bastards. Yeah and the mice disappeared. The rats claimed their place as the dominant species of the cabin in a hurry. It took me about a month to figure it out. Other than some random scuttling at night I mainly just noticed silence.

Oh yeah and while I am here blathering, I meant to mention another thing relating to phones and playing music. On the upside. It’s incredible what you can do if you have a phone and a good quality interface that lets you plug in a mic or an instrument. You can access billions of music making apps - some of which are incredible, record in high quality audio, and share files. The sky is the limit really. I basically have the technology of a whole music studio in my phone. We’re living in very good times in that respect.

I got a cat many years back when I found a rat (yes, not mouse) in my kitchen at a former abode. Worked out great on many levels. These days, she patrols under my raised house and keeps the area clear of visitors generally.

Ya know.... in my urban world, the apps have really exploded the amount of music. Unfortunately, more often does not mean better. Tead's always enjoyed his music in a back yard jam or a darkened bar.
Caught Paul Simon in the back of Laffite's once. It's totally dark in there with room for only about 20 in that area... I don't think folks knew. He wasn't doing his stuff, but his voice was close enough for me to walk near the old piano and take a close look. Crazy. I calmly grabbed a drink and hung out for a bit.
This year during Jazzfest weekend, Steven Tyler was roaming down Bourbon Street and head "Walk This Way" coming out of a dive bar. He hopped onstage and jammed with the on-stage band doing "Walk This Way" live.

Every now and then, he walks out the side door in the dark hours to enjoy a bowl and comes face to face with a nutria. It'll rattle your cage a bit.

It'd rattle my cage! I live within blocks of the river and I can't remember the last time I saw a rat. Huh! I didn't realize that until right now. I live in a pretty clean building. It's the little things that count, like no vermin. Lol!

Reading over the last two pages I had to smile. I feel so comfortable around all of you, and now I discover you're all musicians. *contented sigh* I was a singer, but fearful of competition, so I kept it mostly to myself after college. Being mom can take a serious dent out of the time you have to devote to music. The voice..... it's kind of a use it or lose it situation, and I let too many of life's stressors get in the way. The range has become restricted.

Plus, as a woman grows older the voice drops to a much lower range. Did you know that? :battingeyelashes: For some reason I didn't expect it to be so dramatic. I have to keep adjusting. I lack the drive to perform, just have the joy of creating music and was gifted a wonderful voice. Sappy love songs, that's where you'll find me most of the time

I dream of a house where I can sing all day long without someone yelling through the floor. Ahhh.... for the joys of good sound insulation. Every now and then the BIL ends up in the hospital and I bust loose until 3 AM. Lol! I've been known to sing as I walk the trail. Music is too important to leave to the professionals.

It'd rattle my cage! I live within blocks of the river and I can't remember the last time I saw a rat. Huh! I didn't realize that until right now. I live in a pretty clean building. It's the little things that count, like no vermin. Lol!

Reading over the last two pages I had to smile. I feel so comfortable around all of you, and now I discover you're all musicians. *contented sigh* I was a singer, but fearful of competition, so I kept it mostly to myself after college. Being mom can take a serious dent out of the time you have to devote to music. The voice..... it's kind of a use it or lose it situation, and I let too many of life's stressors get in the way. The range has become restricted.

Plus, as a woman grows older the voice drops to a much lower range. Did you know that? :battingeyelashes: For some reason I didn't expect it to be so dramatic. I have to keep adjusting. I lack the drive to perform, just have the joy of creating music and was gifted a wonderful voice. Sappy love songs, that's where you'll find me most of the time

I dream of a house where I can sing all day long without someone yelling through the floor. Ahhh.... for the joys of good sound insulation. Every now and then the BIL ends up in the hospital and I bust loose until 3 AM. Lol! I've been known to sing as I walk the trail. Music is too important to leave to the professionals.

You'd love my wife's store. 1930s brick buiding. I was beating on the djembe drum yesterday as a drum practice sound test, at a level that would carry 3-4 blocks in the open air, and my wife could barely hear me on the sidewalk outside. The neighbors won't be complaining !

Nice!
Come hold my hand on a roll thru the French Quarter. Perhaps we can sing the rats back into the river.

Count on it. My next trip will surely go through NOLA. :hug:

You'd love my wife's store. 1930s brick buiding. I was beating on the djembe drum yesterday as a drum practice sound test, at a level that would carry 3-4 blocks in the open air, and my wife could barely hear me on the sidewalk outside. The neighbors won't be complaining !

Maybe one day I'll get to see it. I've started traveling around. When I head in your direction we'll make plans. :battingeyelashes:

Look ripe by the hairs... The trichomes could use afew more days. I guess that depends on what you like in the product. I always say another week when I think they are ready. I flush pretty hard that last week.

Myself I’d leave it another ten days or so but that’s me. I usually see you and Sue chopping a week or two ahead of where I like to chop. So that’s probably just a way of saying it’s ready (?)

. And speaking of spontaneous -another thing that seems to happen now is that when we do start playing- a dozen phones come out and people start recording you- so you look out and just see.a bunch of people holding phones up in front of their faces.

I know that emotion all too well! Sometime during the late 2000s, it seemed every place we played, the view from the stage became a sea of mobile phones with ears sticking out of the sides. The give and take from the audience was almost abandonded, ruining the point of live music IMHO. One lead singer I worked for would get really pissed off, stop the show and chastise the front rows (Can't see much past row 10 from most stages, the lights are really freaking blinding). He learned you can't tell people paying you to play and sing, what they should or shouldn't do with their time. I don't get it from a fans perspective though, why spend like around $100 for the evening, and then not sing and dance your ass off along with the music. That's the point for me, getting into the live gathering and sounds, not reliving something on your phone 3 days later that wasn't truly experienced in the first place. Humans ... :laugh:

Peace
Keith

you can combine the ideas and have a crawifish po-boy

I've had a few excellent deep fried crawfish poboys, it's all in the talent of the fry cook to not make the tails into little hard rubber curls. My uncle (RIP John) was a cook at a well know NO place. He used to bread frozen raw crawfish tails, then deep fry in peanut oil at 325 degrees for 4-5 minutes (medium sized tails are best). Lightly toast split french bread and brush the insides with meunière sauce, a few drops of Tabasco, and a plate of sauce on the side for dipping.

Dang, poboys, one of my favorite poboys is a Lake Pontchartrain female softshell crab with Binders french bread. Now I'm salivating excessively! Just awesome!

Peace
Keith

Hey Weaselcracker,

So true, I wish I had todays tech when I was a teen for music purposes.
GarageBand on a MAC is just freaking amazing, and it's no slouch on an iOS iPhone or iPad either. It's amazing the things a person can do concerning recording and mixing in today's world. It truly is an entire studio in your hand. I've used an iPhone as a modeling amp while playing live (Bass), more sounds than a dozen pedals and boxes and nothing to lug around. It can make a PBass sound like a Rick, or a Jazz sound like a Hofner. Nothing like pulling off Yes on Roundabout playing a Fender. Too cool!

Peace
Keith

Tead!
Were you one of the naked people riding bikes around the FQ today???

Peace
Keith

NCW actually points to my issue with the plant... the hairs are SCREAMIN chop me, but the trichs tell a different story.
I think I'll let her ride another week.

I don't get it from a fans perspective though, why spend like around $100 for the evening, and then not sing and dance your ass off along with the music. That's the point for me, getting into the live gathering and sounds, not reliving something on your phone 3 days later that wasn't truly experienced in the first place. Humans ... :laugh:

One of the reasons large live performances bother me a bit. Seeing the band thru a sea of cell phone and arms kinda sux.

Binders french bread.
I'm a tacit relationship with the Leidenheimer delivery guy. Our daily paths intersect often. It started with a friendly nod and developed into short quip kinds of conversations. I monitor his fashion. During cold weather he wears pants instead of shorts. Nice dude.
You remember the Leidenheimer trucks with the Vic & Nat'ly cartoon? The artist that created Matt and Natty (Bunny Mathews) passed away the year he was supposed to ride as the KdV king. His son, a friend of mine, rode in his stead and a great time was had by all. You can imagine all the creative art on the KdV floats with the starting point of Bunny Mathews.

Plus, as a woman grows older the voice drops to a much lower range. Did you know that?

Know it... hell, I've been appreciating it ever since the various Motown Mavens hit my radio dial.

Music is too important to leave to the professionals.

I'm tatoo free.... this might be one I would consider.

Back
Top Bottom