Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Come on bye that thread and post tunes you like..... Don't mind my trash..

Strains come and go in my little SoG. I roll in new ones, clone them into the system, see if I like them, determine their fate. You get the idea.
Speaking of that roll.... here are some shots of some new genetics in my world.
DBS - Dale's BagSeed.

Super dense buds. I'd call it 8 or 9 on a 1 to 10 of the densest I've witnessed.
I snorted it up pretty good while I had it out. It's got a strong hint of diesel.... mixed with a touch of lemon... to my nose.

I'm diggin it. Got a bunch of it going in clones. Not a fast vegger, but that gives you a denser plant all around.

Yay!! Thanks Bro, that is a cool place to just sit and hang in the GD.

Peace
Keith

When I hit NOLA, the one in the CBD was still operating... and that's where my original came from. I don't haunt that neck of the GD and was happy to stop by and grab a replacement when eating nearby.
I suspected you might chuckle at it.

Diesel and lemon.....mmmmm.... That suggests some decent euphoria ahead. I get excited when I get strong citrus tones from a plant.

Someday I’ll find a way to study the smells of all the major terpenes so I can identify what I’m growing better. OR I can train the daughter’s superior olfactory system to do it for me. Yeah... I like that idea better. :battingeyelashes:

Hey Tead!

I got a new grow setup finished at my new digs, I'll try to get a description together and post it here. Really sweet!

Your Burl description sounds like most every weekend of my youth, the 9th would have 3 or 4 houses always burlin up a pot (blue female lake crabs are really my favorite, way moreso than Mudbugs). Do you play any instruments Tead? I got hooked on playing musical instruments before I can even remember, thanks to the regular burls and calls to make some music. A strong influence for sure, I'm looking for a decent local band to join right now. Unfortunately the pickins are slim thus far, a lot of 20 something bands, but not too many mature and booked bands in my vicinity. I'm too old to "practice" three nights a week, if I can't play by now I'll never be any good! I auditioned with one band two weeks ago, and was asked to join, but they aren't really gigging enough for my likes.

Peace
Keith

Yeah... I like that idea better.

Lazy... a woman after my own heart.

Hey Tead!

I got a new grow setup finished at my new digs, I'll try to get a description together and post it here. Really sweet!

Your Burl description sounds like most every weekend of my youth, the 9th would have 3 or 4 houses always burlin up a pot (blue female lake crabs are really my favorite, way moreso than Mudbugs). Do you play any instruments Tead? I got hooked on playing musical instruments before I can even remember, thanks to the regular burls and calls to make some music. A strong influence for sure, I'm looking for a decent local band to join right now. Unfortunately the pickins are slim thus far, a lot of 20 something bands, but not too many mature and booked bands in my vicinity. I'm too old to "practice" three nights a week, if I can't play by now I'll never be any good! I auditioned with one band two weeks ago, and was asked to join, but they aren't really gigging enough for my likes.

I can't wait to hear about your grow MIL hooch. Jealousy.... lots of it. I keep threatening to turn 1/2 a double into a grow room.

Played a wide swatch of the brass in my youth. Sometimes I poke at a harmonica. Mostly I just assault tourists with my voice as I cruise down an FQ side street on my two wheeled peddler. The other day I pulled over and did "Iko" with a washboard dude playing for some tourists. Fun stuff. Every now and then I pay a street musician to play "House of the Rising Sun" as I bellow out a terrible version.
For me... it's less about quality than the willingness to participate and enjoy life for a bit.

So.... no.... no pros in this thread other than yourself that I'm aware of. Hmmm... maybe Rad... but he's up north.

I do some picking and singing. I'm in the same boat though. Around me, it's a few young groups and everyone else just likes to play covers in the bars. I drive over an hour every few weeks to get together with friends and tear through some original material. We don't play often enough for a couple of the guys to feel comfortable playing out even though it's about 75% improv, so I just lay down multitrack and play with the mixes later for fun.

Lazy... a woman after my own heart.

I can't wait to hear about your grow MIL hooch. Jealousy.... lots of it. I keep threatening to turn 1/2 a double into a grow room.

Played a wide swatch of the brass in my youth. Sometimes I poke at a harmonica. Mostly I just assault tourists with my voice as I cruise down an FQ side street on my two wheeled peddler. The other day I pulled over and did "Iko" with a washboard dude playing for some tourists. Fun stuff. Every now and then I pay a street musician to play "House of the Rising Sun" as I bellow out a terrible version.
For me... it's less about quality than the willingness to participate and enjoy life for a bit.

So.... no.... no pros in this thread other than yourself that I'm aware of. Hmmm... maybe Rad... but he's up north.

No pro here- I made the decision not to go pro at 17. Not a good enough memory, so I hafta read notes.

I'm currently one of 4 'core' djembe players at a twice monthly beach drum circle. 6-12 drummers in the sand around a bonfire, 3-10 dancers, plus hula hoopers, fire breathers, flame dancers, 50-100 spectatators, with smoking, drinking, and adult activities back in the trees. Last Sunday, I drummed for 3.5 hours and we only had 2 A-list dancers. It's easier to set the beat if you have twitching hips to let you know when you get it right.

Like Tead says, it about the willingness to participate and enjoy life.

Our little cluster of cities is a great place for musicians of all ages. 20-30 local bands on a saturday night from now until September. 10-15 when the weather gets cold. Covers usually $5-10. 2 or 3 rock/blues jam sessions a week. Last month, the local radio station put out a call for local groups to audition original songs for a slot on a vinyl record. They got over 80 bands submit recordings. We have a 4000 seat venue opening in December and the owner says he plans to be booking about 50% of the bands from within 20 miles. We have two larger corporate venues, but this will be the largest sole proprieter concert venue in the area.

No pro here- I made the decision not to go pro at 17. Not a good enough memory, so I hafta read notes.

I'm currently one of 4 'core' djembe players at a twice monthly beach drum circle. 6-12 drummers in the sand around a bonfire, 3-10 dancers, plus hula hoopers, fire breathers, flame dancers, 50-100 spectatators, with smoking, drinking, and adult activities back in the trees. Last Sunday, I drummed for 3.5 hours and we only had 2 A-list dancers. It's easier to set the beat if you have twitching hips to let you know when you get it right.

Like Tead says, it about the willingness to participate and enjoy life.

Our little cluster of cities is a great place for musicians of all ages. 20-30 local bands on a saturday night from now until September. 10-15 when the weather gets cold. Covers usually $5-10. 2 or 3 rock/blues jam sessions a week. Last month, the local radio station put out a call for local groups to audition original songs for a slot on a vinyl record. They got over 80 bands submit recordings. We have a 4000 seat venue opening in December and the owner says he plans to be booking about 50% of the bands from within 20 miles. We have two larger corporate venues, but this will be the largest sole proprieter concert venue in the area.
That's awesome. We need more music culture around here. I live in flyover country like Graytail and music is desolate here.

I lived in Cincy for years where it was better, but the only bands that make money there are ones doing covers. All the original bands are stuck playing for enough cash to cover gas and a few drinks.

All the original bands are stuck playing for enough cash to cover gas and a few drinks.

But perhaps that's as it should be. The amazing stuff that comes from that little corner of life can be groundbreaking. Tead always appreciates a good starving artist no matter the media. I see it as the basis for many amazing careers producing stunning stuff. Hell, take your pick of artists.... the ones I appreciate sure tend to come from those murky waters.
Even after living in the gumbo for so many years, street performers often slow my roll and sometimes even get minutes of my time. Without the starving artists, we would have some seriously boring music.

Support your local starving artists y'all... we need 'em.... just don't support them enough to remove them from 'starving artist' status.

While I'm unsure of the exact location regarded as "the height of laziness"... I believe I'm near...

Your standard paint stirrer being used in my 5gal mix bucket. I've been using Neem oil lately and it floats to the surface and can be tough to keep mixed during a 5gal feeding session. The paint stirrer makes it super-simple.

I've just heard about po' boy! I'm getting there :drool::smokin:

You know... you can combine the ideas and have a crawifish po-boy. Not my cup of tea. Tead likes his mudbugs (crawfish) fresh outta the pot spread on a table before him.

I'll pass along a tourist tip tho... avoid most of the establishments in the French Quarter....

The vidiographers caught and employee locking the front door on their way out.... the employee said "Don't worry... we wipe things down in the morning."

Ugh.

Tead loves him some NOLA dive food.... it sure helps if one can suspend any thoughts of peeking in the kitchen.

I’ve played guitar since I was 15 or so and used to play all day every day when I could. I really feel like maybe I wouldn’t be alive now if I hadn’t had a guitar. I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t still make the thing sing on a good night. The last few nights I’ve been sitting in my workshop with a mic and amp and playing for hours. Smoked my way right through my newfound stash of Chocolope doing that. There’s no one much around here to jam with at the moment. I think staring at phones as a hobby replaced some of the jamming, because there used to be a lot more. I mean there are people that play, but to get to them you have to pack your guitar up and drive a while which makes it less spontaneous. And speaking of spontaneous -another thing that seems to happen now is that when we do start playing- a dozen phones come out and people start recording you- so you look out and just see.a bunch of people holding phones up in front of their faces.
So a lot of the time these days I’m just playing to the frogs and birds and that’s just great. Echoes really nicely in my yard. I sometimes play with others at the local festivals - that’s a fun way to get a performers pass, get fed well, and meet other weirdos.

Those damn rats. I got them at my place for the first time here ever last year and I managed to get rid of them all by fall- but I’m looking over my shoulder again for a fresh invasion now that summer’s come again.
When they arrived, the squirrels and birds and mice around the cabin disappeared. It got quiet and ominous

When they arrived, the squirrels and birds and mice around the cabin disappeared. It got quiet and ominous

Really?!?! Wow!
You'd think they'd pretty much just meld into the scene.
Livin in the swamp, they're a common sight around here. I see them running fence lines or power lines frequently.
Tead's side fence is a simple wooden vertical slat affair. It's right at 6'. Tead's right at 6'. Every now and then, he walks out the side door in the dark hours to enjoy a bowl and comes face to face with a nutria. It'll rattle your cage a bit.

Back
Top Bottom