Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

I've been pondering a photo just for you MrG.... 3 gens of BDs (2 in pots, one in a grinder).
Too lazy to do it of course... but I have some bug fighting lined up for today and perhaps I can arrange it.
The perlite hempies are much quicker grows. Roughly, I'd give it about 2.5x growth speed... but speed is not necessarily one's friend in the grow room. No doubt the soil grows have denser production and probably just better buds all around.
Of course, heat drives everything in my world. The perlite works so well in the sauna and avoids many bug issues.

Perhaps next spring or fall we can run some indoor vs outdoor races.

Cool Sounds like ya'll had a good time. Me to say,,, wood let my 'Old Lady' deal with the monies. Womenfolk are usually pretty shape in the numbers department... Like said,, least mine is. Or that could mean I'm pretty dumb about that?

Anyways...

I've been pondering a photo just for you MrG.... 3 gens of BDs (2 in pots, one in a grinder).
Too lazy to do it of course... but I have some bug fighting lined up for today and perhaps I can arrange it.
The perlite hempies are much quicker grows. Roughly, I'd give it about 2.5x growth speed... but speed is not necessarily one's friend in the grow room. No doubt the soil grows have denser production and probably just better buds all around.
Of course, heat drives everything in my world. The perlite works so well in the sauna and avoids many bug issues.

Perhaps next spring or fall we can run some indoor vs outdoor races.

That would be a cool pic. I might be able to do a similar pic in a few weeks after these clones get big enough to take cuttings. The mother plant is still alive in hopes of making more nanners for seed production. If that doesn't work then I'll break out the colloidal silver on one of these two.

I've been tempted to try hempy. Not sure though after seeing how much trouble it gave Rad over the winter. Sure would be nice to grow faster sometimes.

We can do more races if you want. Just let me know when.

After this batch dries in the fridge a couple weeks I'll put a care package together for you to evaluate.

That would be a cool pic. I might be able to do a similar pic in a few weeks after these clones get big enough to take cuttings. The mother plant is still alive in hopes of making more nanners for seed production. If that doesn't work then I'll break out the colloidal silver on one of these two.

I've been tempted to try hempy. Not sure though after seeing how much trouble it gave Rad over the winter. Sure would be nice to grow faster sometimes.

We can do more races if you want. Just let me know when.

After this batch dries in the fridge a couple weeks I'll put a care package together for you to evaluate.

Noone in 420 history has grown hempies as badly as I - don't judge by my experience.

Noone in 420 history has grown hempies as badly as I .

Uhhh... hand going up over here...

Womenfolk are usually pretty shape in the numbers department... Or that could mean I'm pretty dumb about that?

Ya spelled ‘sharp’ wrong bro....;)

Edit. Hmmm...could have been one of them-there Freudian slips by the looks of it, when I analyze the language further....

I thrive in hempy. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

I left the daughter in charge, and yesterday in conversation I casually dropped in "So....how are you feeling about the hempy drenches?" Her response was an enthusiastic "It's so easy to do!"

Obviously not for everyone, and choosing the nutrient support that fits in your world is a definite step towards success, but the ease and predictability was why I decided to leave soil behind. Soil does produce denser buds and different terpene expressions, but in my experience the potency is close enough to be fairly indistinguishable.

I’m also loving hempy. The ease is great, plus I haven’t had bugs since I switched. I think I need to work on my nutes at some point. I’m using a plant based nutrient line right now, and it’s working fine, but once I run out I may switch to another line to try and increase trichomes and bud density.

Noone in 420 history has grown hempies as badly as I - don't judge by my experience.

I've had great luck with hempy, still doing it now
Not great luck with osmo+, but it wasn't terrible either

It shocks me some. I see such a range of results when I send out a tube. Seems so simple in my world... just water every 2 days and walk away. I really just fail to understand how it doesn't play out the same exact way everywhere... but it doesn't. Dunno why yet. Perhaps someday the answer will reveal itself.

plus I haven’t had bugs since I switched.

I still see the evil mites... but that seems to be the only threat thriving in the perlite only medium.
Folks don't seem to realize that the medium is prime growing area for many buggins.

So... the thing with autos and PERLITE hempy pots has to do with the nature of autos and the nature of perlite hempies. Alone, both issues are good. Combined, not so much. I'll explain....

General consensus and my own experimentation indicate autos switch to bloom when the roots hit the bottom of the pot. While I have a hard time imagining how they know... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Perlite hempy pots stimulate root growth to an extreme. Plants often show little vegetative growth until the plant's roots hit the bottom of the pot... then they explode in growth at hydro growth rates.

If you grow an auto in this situation, you get little vegetative growth and hit bloom WAY before you want to.

Like I said.... alone, goooooood..... together baaaaaaaad.

Funny how you can combine to positives and come out negative.

I'm kicking the tires on autos in coco instead of perlite.... I'll sputter out the words about it as soon as I know anything, but it may be a while.... popping seeds in the summertime just doesn't work well for me.

So... the thing with autos and PERLITE hempy pots has to do with the nature of autos and the nature of perlite hempies. Alone, both issues are good. Combined, not so much. I'll explain....

General consensus and my own experimentation indicate autos switch to bloom when the roots hit the bottom of the pot. While I have a hard time imagining how they know... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Perlite hempy pots stimulate root growth to an extreme. Plants often show little vegetative growth until the plant's roots hit the bottom of the pot... then they explode in growth at hydro growth rates.

If you grow an auto in this situation, you get little vegetative growth and hit bloom WAY before you want to.

Like I said.... alone, goooooood..... together baaaaaaaad.

Funny how you can combine to positives and come out negative.

I'm kicking the tires on autos in coco instead of perlite.... I'll sputter out the words about it as soon as I know anything, but it may be a while.... popping seeds in the summertime just doesn't work well for me.

Great explication thanks. Sounds like you saved me from certain disappointment. I guess I’ll do the same thing but with photos instead.

My friend’s kids are away all summer so he can grow his legally allotment of six plants as long as they finish by September. I figure autos are the only way to do it and osmo+ hempy couldn’t be easier, but alas back to soil for him. :Namaste:

Great explication thanks. Sounds like you saved me from certain disappointment. I guess I’ll do the same thing but with photos instead.

My friend’s kids are away all summer so he can grow his legally allotment of six plants as long as they finish by September. I figure autos are the only way to do it and osmo+ hempy couldn’t be easier, but alas back to soil for him. :Namaste:

I'm kickin the coco tires because the outdoor grow scene locally just gets too hot for them outside girls to grow.... otherwise I'd be doing it in soil outdoors. October/November near with every passing day.

The bloom room got a cleaning today and the ladies got some outdoor time....

I was enjoying Ox...

A nice 3 pronged Jack H working her way thru veg. She'll hit the bloom room very soon. Not as stretchy as her seed mother.

Ahh.... and I used my 'rue de le course' coffee mug just for Kieth.

Now that was downright sweet. :hug:

What is that beastie in the bottom photo, and is it a threat? It looks ponderous. Lol!

Interested in trying a Carnival so you can compare it to the Jack Herer? :battingeyelashes: I haven't had JH in quite a while, and mine was a wanna-be anyway, but the dispensary guy I talked with in San Diego was surprised at the terpinoline levels when I showed him the lab results Neiko got.

You grow JH, and you like it, right? Of course, or you wouldn't be growing it. Lol! Might be worth trying Carnival, just to see what you think. I know I'd be interested in your take.

Back
Top Bottom