Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

I disappeared for some fun at the beach for a few days. That worked out with the plan of being lazy for this grow.

I had one set of four cobs go out during that time. It is probably just a bad cob since that set was on the meanwell driver and run in series. I pulled that set out and replaced it with one cob running at 100 watts.

Blue dream has become top heavy like some ladies do. I offered her minimal support using a few wires instead of making up a proper support.

I think I'll let her live a little while longer.

I disappeared for some fun at the beach for a few days. That worked out with the plan of being lazy for this grow.

I had one set of four cobs go out during that time. It is probably just a bad cob since that set was on the meanwell driver and run in series. I pulled that set out and replaced it with one cob running at 100 watts.

Blue dream has become top heavy like some ladies do. I offered her minimal support using a few wires instead of making up a proper support.

I think I'll let her live a little while longer.

Nice i ended up gifting my only blue dream i started but i got a few more seeds to try out jus need to finish this grow first lol dnt got the room for another bean but lookn at urs makes me wana jus do it anyway lol lookn great bro altho i dk have a bluedream'matic which is an auto from fast buds so i guess i do kinda have a bd in the mix jus not quite the same as ur guys lol

Hope things are good over your ways. Just letting ya know we even changed the sand in the filter this year... Just in time for ya to take a dip....Long time?

Life in the swamps has many challenges, but dry skin and heavy clothing visit seldom.

Where are your hiding Tead?

My biggest complaint about da Swamp would be mosquitoes, I've never seen more mosquitoes than around the bowl. I can remember shrimp trawling in the middle of the night, and watching the moon "disappear" in the clouds of mosquitoes as we stirred up the grasses. Still not as scary as hooking a net on a cypress knot and having to get into the water to detangle or cut it loose. Ya can't catch many shrimp trawling in a circle! When the water surface comes to life with dozens of water moccasins, I'd make like Jesus and almost walk on water to get back into the trawler. Ahhhh .. the swamps of LA.

Peace,
Keith

I hear tell he developed a good mosquito call. And the little buggers carried him out over the gulf then dropped him?

Or he got run down by his own micro-herd during a transplant attempt.

I know... I know... it's been too long since any words have been shared here. Ignoring my own damn thread.
Been following one-eye'd Weas's thread thru his woes. Peek in here and there. Most of my activities have been in along the lines of 'lurking'.

Spent some days on the beach not long ago (Ft. Walton). Stayed in one of the mega-condo setups along the beach. As I was hanging out on the balcony sucking down some recently harvested whatever, my phone wiggled and chirped. As I clicked the message, a large smile and short chuckle rolled out of me. A message from MrGreene appeared on my phone and displayed an interesting photo.... I'll share.

View media item 1548559
I gave my bowl of herb a bit more warming and responded with this photo pointing out the content lacking in his original photo.

View media item 1548560
Surreal situations like that just don't pop up every day... I sure enjoyed it.

Geez... just got pulled away again to help a friend move some stuff... back later with photos.

Tead! Glad you are up and running brother. DON'T try jumping off that balcony!
Oh, and the heat in the South ... it's baaaaack.

Peace
Keith

Tead Still Smokin' :)

but I didn't really know that autos and root depth had any relationship.

I heard the words about a year ago and had to kick those tires myself. The tires verify the words.
I believe that autos switch to bloom when the roots hit the bottom of the grow container.
In my pure perlite world designed specifically to get those roots going fast, this plays out poorly. The roots grow way too fast and the plant switches to bloom well before it develops the mass I want.

Here's my recent 'tire'.... a 5 gallon pot with an auto bean popped in place.

As you can see, she's WAY short and very small. This strain (SSDC) grows into a monster in dirt, but transitions to bloom way too soon in perlite.

I disappeared for some fun at the beach for a few days.

Great minds were thinkin alike that weekend.

Hope things are good over your ways. Just letting ya know we even changed the sand in the filter this year... Just in time for ya to take a dip....Long time?

We've got a summer trip to socal planned for this summer to catch up with family. Not sure I can squeeze the sweetie into a side trip up north, but I know I'd sure enjoy some time in PDX and PacCity.

Where are your hiding Tead?

My biggest complaint about da Swamp would be mosquitoes, I've never seen more mosquitoes than around the bowl. I can remember shrimp trawling in the middle of the night, and watching the moon "disappear" in the clouds of mosquitoes as we stirred up the grasses. Still not as scary as hooking a net on a cypress knot and having to get into the water to detangle or cut it loose. Ya can't catch many shrimp trawling in a circle! When the water surface comes to life with dozens of water moccasins, I'd make like Jesus and almost walk on water to get back into the trawler. Ahhhh .. the swamps of LA.

Peace,
Keith

I wanna do a float down the Bouge Chitto.... but the thought of the snakes puts the kybosh on such ideas.
We had a really good freeze this year, skeeters have yet to rebound to normal numbers... very nice.
The termite hatch hit the other night. Big lights at a nearby b-ball court were big balls of flying critters. A surreal sight we see every year right around Jazzfest.
I grew up camping and playing in the mountains of OR.... I sure miss seeing mountains. The swamps are just not so welcoming.
Did you ever run into those swamp hydro pots? There's a passive hydro setup you run in the swamp waters.

441.1 grams. I'll get pics up this weekend.

Wait... 441?
That's 15oz!
Dude.... I get 2.
Hmmm....
It's enough to get me re-thinking my world some. I mean, if I could pull 15oz vs 2oz and only double the grow time.....
Yes... rethinking.

More problem tenants to get rid of maybe. It’s so much work restoring the finish on the bathtub again after.

They have been driving me nuts lately. I'm almost at the point that I need to hire someone. As an added bonus, the sweetie and I have been shopping 6 and 8 unit properties lately rather than our normal 2fer.

Garden shots....

Veg

Bloom

441.1 was wet weight. It will only be about 20% of that once it dries. Might only be 3 or 3 1/2 oz once it dries. This wasn't a huge plant like some of the others were. Bet I could have doubled that with a little more time in veg and not being so lazy on this grow. Lol

Harvest took all of twenty minutes. I'll trim it up and get a dry weight when it comes out of the fridge. I let her go long enough to get a few nanners. Didn't have time to pick any off but did leave some lower growth there to keep on for a few more weeks. Every branch was as long as my arm. I had to cut them in half so they would fit in the fridge.

They have been driving me nuts lately. I'm almost at the point that I need to hire someone. As an added bonus, the sweetie and I have been shopping 6 and 8 unit properties lately rather than our normal 2fer.

Garden shots....

Veg

Bloom

Welcome back to the forum of growing Mr. Tead.

Welcome back to the forum Tead's plants.

20 years ago, 4 unit properties were the perfect size for owner occupied and tax breaks - you might check with your accountant.

Back
Top Bottom